Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Is it possible I have a health problem

Im now sitting here looking back at the last 3 springs and the 3 real big efforts I have made to get cut.

First time I did alot of things wrong but I still keept carbs pretty low(never more then 100g/day), protein high and medium fat(that time I didnt know about EFA's though). I dropped 40ibs but was not close to beeing cut.

Last spring I did most things right. I know I ****ed upp the first 2 months(jan-feb), but after that until june everything was damn good. I did cardio religiously did good workouts, diet was good. pwo, ppwo in check. Kcal around 1700-1900, protein around 300. Plenty of fish oil as efa. I dropped 35 ibs that spring but was not close to getting cut. Got stuck at 10% bf and stayed that way for 6 weeks before I in frustration gave upp.

This spring has been one major **** upp since I was sic more or less constantly for 3 months. But most of the time I keept diet good. Same as last spring with fine tuned with more efa's ect. Found myself getting stuck at the same bodyfat as the spring before and then the sicness got ahold of me and I continued with a half ass diet and have half assed since then.

Anyway what bugs me is that I am 5¨11 and around 200(my lowest weight was 184 last summer at 10% bf)so at 250-300g protein/day and 1800kcal/day I SHOULD lose weight no matter what. Instead I find myself getting stuck at a weight while I continously gain strenght. It doesnt make any sense. I shouldnt be able to gain strenght/muscle with a diet so strickt but I still do. Even when lowering kcal to 1700 and sometimes skipping ppwo to keep carbs low I STILL GAIN STRENGHT AND A BIT OF MUSCLE BUT LOSE BASICLY no fat.

THe fact that I gain strenght makes me assume my body doesnt go into starvation mode so what can be the factor that stops my weightloss. I can also add that I most of the time is on anywhere betwen 80-120mcg t-3 and not to much roids(500mg test alone usualy with arimidex ).

Its like no matter how hard I try I cant get cut and the moment I think about bulking I EXPLODE. At 3000kcal a day I get flat out FAT in a very short time. How the F*CK can my metabolism be so low even while running t-3

one example from this spring is a 5 week period where I first had a cold, then a stomach thing, then the flue, then sinusitis and then tonsilitis. During those 5 weeks I hardly did anything in the ways of workouts or cardio but I still keept my diet good(except the week when my stomach was bad). After those weeks I was heavier then before. 5 weeks of beeing sic at restricted kcal and I GAINED weight while on t-3. How the **** is that possible. My only explenation is that the abscense of cardio and workouts did it but i shouldnt be able to gain weight on such low kcal even without cardio. Only thing that should happen is that I should lose weight more slowely.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    get ur blood work done...........

didnt read all of ur post cuz im busy i thot i was like but i changed things and saw results........u can always improve ........

ill read ur post and answer a decent Answer 2morrow

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    That really is weird, i dont think you have a health problem i got really sick this winter after a whole 10 year of never getting the flu i got one hell of a flu this year, missed a whole week of work, and after i was done with my 2 damn weeks of being sick i cought congonctivitis ( sorry for the spelling damn eye infection that transfered into both eyes.), to sum it all up i was sick for almost 5 weeks has well.

I read your post a lot Johan your diet is in check and the soy protein post was one good one.

Get some blood check.

Dont know how old you are but i will soon be 33 and its losing weight and getting cut up is not that easy anymore. Worked better when i was freaking 20 LOL

alphaman is offline Member
    I'd say an indicator of a health problem would be weight loss, not gaining or maintanence. Unless you fukked your thyroid up w/ t3.

Im only 20 still so I dont even want to think about how hard it will be for me to lose fat when I get older

Just cant figure out how I can have such a low metabolism. I am usualy very hot to, sweat easily and so on so I dont seem to have any signs of hypothyroidism(not that it would matter when I supplement with t-3).

Sometimes it feels like I have to push down kcal to levels as low as 1600/day but that doesnt feel right. Does anyone else that weights more then 180 go that low?

Up your meals to like 10 a day, and cut down on the SHAKES.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I'd say an indicator of a health problem would be weight loss, not gaining or maintanence. Unless you fukked your thyroid up w/ t3.
    I have never noticed any signs of hypothyroidsm(sp?). I have for periods been on t-3 for like 6 months straight and went off without any sudden weight/fat gain.

But it wouldnt be a issue when cutting since I run it almost all the way through anyway.

Up your meals to like 10 a day, and cut down on the SHAKES.
    lol last spring I hardly had any shakes at all only pwo and breakfast. Every other meal was good quality meat.

having 10 meals a day would be a bitch. Not that I have anything better to do with my time lol

another thing I can mention is that I in periods when cutting and having alot of time I have done cardio twice a day on rest days. Even when doing that I continue to gain strenght. So its like Im not even pushing myself to the limit with my diet.

But if I drop carbs or kcal lower I always get very cold and that seems like a starvation sign to me

Do you drink enough water? Do you drink alcohol?

I drink atleast 1 liter of water to each meal so something around 6-7 liters/Day. I think that is like 1,5 gallon.

I almost never drink alcoho9le. Last spring I drank once betwen january to august and this spring I havent touched alcohole since begining of january.

only nagging suspicion I have is mercury poisoning since it can go unoticed but severly lower metabolism. I have gotten quite a few of my teeth fixed and those fillings usualy leak mercury. A hair mineral analysis would tell me if that is the case but havent found a place in sweden to get that done yet.

http://www.bodyofscience.com/issues/...5_poliquin.pdf

read what poliquin says about mercury poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    http://www.bodyofscience.com/issues/...5_poliquin.pdf

read what poliquin says about mercury poisoning.

Possible, but I think you are being a bit of a hypochondriac. Go to the doc, and get checked out. Sometimes you need to cheat for a few days, and then go at it again. That's gotten me through many plataues.

I have been quite worried about my health for some time so might have become hypocondric. But begining last spring I have had periods with irregular heart beats and other uncomfterable "feelings" in my chest area. It has always disapered so I stoped worrying but it always shows upp again after a while. Deep down I feel something is not quite right. But I have been to pussy to go to a doc

one thing that can happen for instance(for some reason only when Im laying on my back)is that it feels like a rush through my body so I almost gasp for air and it feels like my heart stops beating for a instance. Only last for a few seconds but it is the most horrible feeling.

But I have been to pussy to go to a doc

I totally understand that, but you have to realize that's what you need to do. Just think how great you'll feel when you find out you're perfectly FINE. Or, if something is wrong, they'll treat it, and you can be on the road to getting ripped!

I totally understand that, but you have to realize that's what you need to do. Just think how great you'll feel when you find out you're perfectly FINE. Or, if something is wrong, they'll treat it, and you can be on the road to getting ripped!
    Yeah. I have promised myself to book a apointment as soon as I have cash for a total health checkup. bloodwork, ekg, everything and I will also do that hair mineral thingy to check on all minerals and heavy metalls in my body. If I can afford it I would also like to check for food allergies and check all bacterials in my intestants.

I thought they have socialized medicine there. Guess not.

well the bloodwork ect will be free. only cost is the apointment and its very small fee(30-40bucks). But right now I can not afford even that.

the hair mineral test isnt covered.

the ****ed upp thing is that it will probably take me ages to get it done. months probably.

Well, I must say that I think if you were truly concerned, you'd find a way.

sweden healthcare sux. I went in 4 months ago and asked for a checkupp(i was then living in another town). The waiting time was so long that I wouldbt be able to get it before I move.

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    from the posts Ive read of yours. Youre too scared to go to the doc because you afraid,after abusing steroids /T-3 etc for so many years at such a young age in way over-dosed amounts, you're worried what they might find. If you can afford to cycle and be "on" non-stop for the past 3yrs, you can afford to pay a few bucks to see the doc and get ALL the tests done. Even with all your knowledge, you dont seem to learn by your mistakes.

Regarding the thing about laying on your back - read up on heart palpitations.

belive me right now I couldnt afford it since I dont even have money for the rent to my apartment. I am in a terribly shitty situation finacialy and no real idea on how to get out of it.

I learn from my misstakes belive me. I dont think blood test more often then once a year is needed if not doing alot of orals. I dont do alot of orals. I have noticed these things mainly this spring and in the town I lived in recently I couldnt get the test done like I mentioned in my earlier post and right now I cant afford it. I was asking this question mainly to know if anyone else has such a low metabolism even while on t-3.

I know Im not starving myself because Im gaining strenght and I cant figure out how I can gain strenght on a diet with so little kcal, not that much protein, while on t-3. It doesnt make any sense and only explenation is that my metabolism is lowered somehow.

twice a year I mean.

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    after all you have taken/done to your body you're probably not producing any of the bodies natural thyroid hormones. The T3 you;re using is merely used as an addition normally and because you have nothing to add to, you are probably are at a lower rate of thyroid hormones than a normal person. Hence lower metabolism!

I dont know much, if anything at all about T3 but its just a thought!

yeah but the t-3 Im using should still be more then enough to compensate. Im suspecting something like mercury poisoning, low naturaly hgh levels or anything along those lines. I know my insulin sensitivity is extrodinary(for instance at christmas aftre having stuffed myself with food and candy for 2 hours my blood sugar still was only 4,9 and that is even below normal). I have a very good blood pressure(115/60). Rest heart rate around 60.

The fact that I suspect mercury poisoning is also that I eat alot of tuna, I have had alot of repairs done on my teeth and for a long time I have had very little vitamins in my diet.
    Now that I am megadosing vitamin c I am VERY HOT. As far as I know vitamin c shouldnt have that effect but it is very efficient at clearing out heavy metalls. It has been shown to lower mercury levels in smokers with 80% in just a few days and since mercury lowers metabolism it must also make the bodie colder.

But its useless to speculate only a hair mineral analysis would tell me the thruth about that.

by the way ****ing upp my thyroid is the thing Im least afraid off since most studies indicate that its hardly possible to do so without a pre existing condition.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    well johan, whats to be afraid of? the dr tell you something you suspect already? Confirm a fear of yours?? the dr isnt going to do anything but help. i would much rather know something is wrong so i can get help rather than pretend its not there and have it keep hurting me. think of the stress reliever once the dr. says nothing is wrong. shoot, think of the stress reliever once the dr. says there IS something wrong and heres what we are going to do about it. either way, i see it as a win/win situation. good luck

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    as for cutting, perhaps its your cardio...? most people (a lot of people) think they are having good cardio workouts when they are not. Im not saying this is you, but it is a possibility you arent getting your heart rate up high enough for long enough periods. i know people who go into the gym, do an hour on some cardio machine, they are sweating like crazy, they look tired and like they just had a good workout, and thats what they believe. but in reality, ill go in with them, and do cardio next to them, watch their stats, and their heart rate doesnt really go above 100, which is not in your cardio zone. dont take offense if this is or seems basic knowledge. but if you say your diet is in check (perhaps its not...?) and you say your cardio is in check (perhaps its not...?) then you should be seeing a more cut you. i wouldnt be worried that there is something medically wrong. there could be. but just because you dont cut easy and you gain fast, isnt an indicator in itself that you have something wrong.

The major problem with cardio for me is that I get bored to hell with it so I usualy keep my intensity above what it should be. When on the stairmaster Im like a nutcase. I usualy do my cardio like this

15minutes of intense starimaster(increasing intensity all the time)
    a few minutes to catch my breath
    15 minutes of intense stairmaster
    a few minutes to catch my breath
    exercise bike for 15 minutes

I know my heart rate is above the zone but I cant stand doing cardio in the zone its just boring and I need the challange of higher intensity. But I have nothing to lose by lowering intensity for a while I guess keeping my heartrate in the zone....

or I just go out and take a 1,5 hour walk but Im gonna skip those since I dont get my heart rate high enough by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    well johan, whats to be afraid of? the dr tell you something you suspect already? Confirm a fear of yours?? the dr isnt going to do anything but help. i would much rather know something is wrong so i can get help rather than pretend its not there and have it keep hurting me. think of the stress reliever once the dr. says nothing is wrong. shoot, think of the stress reliever once the dr. says there IS something wrong and heres what we are going to do about it. either way, i see it as a win/win situation. good luck
    yeah you are totaly right on all points acctualy. It was like when I was scared to death I had gotten a std and the relife when I tested myself and got the answere that I am clean.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    eh Johan, sup bro. Just wondering man, how often do you go boom boom. How many dumps? say a week or a day?

?

lol are you talking about shitting? ususaly 1-2 times a day. Always one in the morning.

I consume very large ammounts of fibers

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Im now sitting here looking back at the last 3 springs and the 3 real big efforts I have made to get cut.
    . . . Its like no matter how hard I try I cant get cut and the moment I think about bulking I EXPLODE. . . .:
    I cannot speak to the T-3. My guess is that you are doing it right and you are not waiting long enough. 6 weeks is not really that long when you consider how much your weight is yo-yo-ing. 10% and most people washboards begin to emerge. If its not happening Johan, it's unlikely there is a medical problem othjer than all that crap you are taking. At 100g carb throught the day, its really not that low a carb count. It should make lille difference if that is really the number of calories you are ingesting and the amount of cardio that you are doing.

My guess is that you probably have a lot of loose skin, that to you looks like fat. Do not confuse the two. Since you are only 20, it will probably begin to tighten eventully, but it is not likely to respond the same way (without surgery) as someone who was never overwieght by much. If I am right, it will get better over time (an I am talking more like a year of keeping it at 10%, not a couple weeks).

I don't know how you are measuing your bf%, but if you are using callibers and you have lose skin it is likely giving you a false reading and you may be doing better than you think.

You should be doing cardio every day too. If you keep to 70% of your target heart rate you will not get winded and you will lose the most fat and least muscle. A walk is unlikely to acomplish this as it will not elevate your heart rate nearly enough. If you havent already, spend $20 (or 20 Euro as the case may be) and invest in a heart rate monitor and use it for a while. If 70% cardio bores you, buy an IPod - thats what the rest of us do!
    Last edited by beenie; 06-22-2005 at 10:16 AM.

I have lowered carbs on rest days. Earlier I used to do a oatmeal breakfast on rest days. Now that is ditched to so now the carbs I get is from the 2 meals with soybeans(9g in each meal)and the carbs in my protein shakes. Il se how that works.

I usualy check heart rate manualy. Heart rate moniton would be cool to buy but thats something for later on.

Earlier this spring when I was a bit below 90kg I saw the upper 2 pairs of abs. Not cut or anything but I had them a bit visible for the first time in my life. Before everything got screwed upp when I was sic all the time.

my current diet
    Pic this diet apart

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I. . .Earlier this spring when I was a bit below 90kg I saw the upper 2 pairs of abs. Not cut or anything but I had them a bit visible for the first time in my life. Before everything got screwed upp when I was sic all the time.
    There you go. That proves that you can do it. The first thing to emerge is always the upper abs, which meant you were headed in the right direction. This would suggest that your's is not a medical problem at all. Its too little cardio and failure to keep the right heart rate. I have no idea how you can possible time your own heart rate while doing cardio. That would be way beyond my skill level.

Losing fat is definitely harder for some than for others. Frankly, while your plan sounds really good, I wonder how closely you will stick to it. You cant use just two meal plans a week, so I never understoood the posts that ask "how's this diet?" then give a meal plan. But then, that's just me, and people are different. I don't even think about what I am doing at this point, because whatever it is I am doing, has become a way of life.

I miss the old days when I ate McDonalds and KFC, but now they are a memory. For the first time in many years I went to McDonalds last week, asked for two quarter pounders with no ketchup and no bun- but thats the closest I have come to going off the wagon. My only question is, what happens when you eat everything on you plan and you are still hungry? Do you eat more, thereby going off the plan? Do you not eat and remain hungry - seems like a recipe for quitting the plan altogether to me, but again, it works for some people.

for me eating becomes a routine. I make like 5-8 meals at once and split it upp, freeze it and then take it out of the fridge. So I can eat just about the same day out and day in. Sticking to a diet plan isnt that hard for me in other words.

somewhatdamaged is offline New Member
    Your describing the problems I'm having also. I started getting this weird feeling in my chest about 2 years ago (22 at the time). I was running T3 at the time. I thought I was having a heart attack or something so I went to the doctor. They ran an EKG on me and some other test but couldn't find any issues with my heart. I stopped using the T3. I thought maybe it was a temporary thing but It's never really completely went away. It's starting to get better now. I use to not be able to sleep at night because I could feel my heart beating constantly, like after you get done running hard. Another odd thing that happend was my blood pressure was bad for the first time. I had it checked just a few months earlier and it was fine. It's still high to this day.

Lately my metabolism has been all messed up also. I can cut my calories down to 2,000 a day, do cardio for 1 hour 6 days a week at 70-75% first thing in the morning, and lift weights for 45 mintues at night. I've been getting noticably stronger but not loosing any weight at all. I can cut calories, change carb/fat ratio's, change cardio times and days, etc but nothing seems to effect my weight. What's really weird is I could go out and eat junk food for a week and my weight would still stay the same. I just started getting serious with diet and exercise again about 6 months ago so maybe I haven't given it enough time yet to assume something is wrong.
    Last edited by somewhatdamaged; 06-22-2005 at 11:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information