Thread: Cabbage Juice

oscarjones is offline Banned

Cabbage Juice

I've been dealing with what I believe is an ulcer (or multiple ulcers) and I read that drinking fresh raw cabbage juice is supposed to help heal them. So, I juiced about a quarts worth of the stuff.

Will keep this thread updated on how I feel along my journey. I really didn't know where to stick this thread (I am bad at forums), so I just decided this will basically be a diet log.

My major symptoms are chronic abdominal inflammation, abdominal discomfort, nausea after eating, and irregular bowl movements/constipation.

Day 1

Decided mid-day to begin the cabbage juice fast, so this day was kind of a cheat.

9:00am
    HUMAWORM (Been on HUMAWORM for about 2 weeks and I've felt a little better, it has been improving my bowl movements, and I feel more aware and less irritated and paranoid. I sleep better generally, however, I still have chronic fatigue.)

9:30am
    1.5 scoops Jack3d and 45 minutes fasted cardio.

11:00am
    4 oat pancakes (1C egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1C oats)
    1 banana

1:45pm
    18oz raw cabbage juice

4:30pm
    16oz raw cabbage juice

9:00pm
    HUMAWORM
    30oz pure water
    SLEEP

Diet is on hold until I attempt to cure myself naturally, if this doesn't work, then back to the gastro for an endoscopy.

I feel the best when I wake up in the morning, and my stomach is empty. My inflammation is noticeably reduced at this time. As soon as I eat or drink something, that's when the discomfort/pain starts and I become inflamed.

P.S. For about 1 year I've been having this chronic inflammation, and over the course of the last 9 months I've tried to cure myself through many avenues. First I tried a pure water fast, which I was only able to do for 5 days. Before the fast I had colonic hydrotherapy, 3 consecutive sessions, each day. At this time period I've felt the best I have felt since the start of my issues.

I broke my fast after only 5 days because the technician recommended I do a parasite cleanse after seeing some worms in my stool. So, I began researching and decided to do an anti-candida/parasite diet and cleanse. I began eating basically zero carbs for many weeks, I even took some doses of Diflucan and Fluconazole. Over the long stretch, nothing really seemed to show significant improvement. Recently I've been cleansing my organs as best as possible, lung cleansing, kidney cleansing, liver/gallbladder cleansing/flushing. I see improvements, but every time I eat I have inflammation still.

I haven't tried any OTC PPI's yet, but I am hesitant to take antacids, however, at this point I'll do pretty much anything to look and feel normal again.

I probably missed some stuff, and it's been so long and I've tried so many approaches I just can't think of them I am sure.

Anyway, long story sorry. I'll keep this thread updated in case it benefits anyone else who shares a similar issue as me.
    Last edited by oscarjones; 07-18-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: DRANK MORE JUICE! *upates.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    How's this going? Try dexilant

Day 2

8:30am
    HUMAWORM
    16oz pure water

9:00am
    10oz fresh raw cabbage juice
    1 lemon juiced
    thumb of ginger juiced

11:45am
    6oz fresh raw cabbage juice
    8oz pure water

3:30pm
    16oz pure water

7:00pm
    6oz fresh water

10:30pm
    sleep

Upon rising today I felt very good, not very inflamed at all, in fact it's the best my stomach has looked in about 6 months. It's a great feeling to finally see the light and to realize that all my problems are most likely stemming from a duodenal ulcer, as I can actually feel with my hands a spot near my duodenum that expresses the most inflammation. Last night I was laying down and I could feel a sort of toughness or lump in that area, which is below and to the right of my bellybutton. After massaging the area, it seemed to dissipate, and I think that there may have been some gas or fluid build up in the area. I'm not an anatomy major so I can only speculate.

I have stopped taking all supplements with the exception of HUMAWORM, as it seems to cause no adverse effects, and plan to continue juicing the fresh raw cabbage with small amounts of lemon and ginger (maybe adding 1% onion tomorrow) for the next 3 days. So that'll be a total of 5 days of pretty much just fresh raw cabbage juice and then on Friday I'll start adding in small quantities of fresh raw fruit juice and some other veggies and see how they affect me.

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about the whole juice fast because my goal is to BB, and this is definitely not a step forward in that regard. Despite the fact that I can't eat a normal BBing diet, I am looking at the bright side of things, such as express healing, cleansing, and overall finally getting to the bottom of my stomach issues! I am looking at this as a "sidestep" which will work in concert with my BBing aspirations. I have a slew of other issues with my skin and chronic fatigue that I believe is all linked to this inflammation of my gut, and what I believe has actually become an auto-immune disorder due to intestinal permeability and enteropathy.

This Friday I have a Dr. appointment to test for H. Pylori and to request for a recommendation in regards to antacid use. At the moment I just don't have the funds to pay for a EGD, maybe next month if I am not cured by then! Will keep this thread updated throughout the day as I continue my journey, and to keep an accurate log of my dietary intake.
    Last edited by oscarjones; 07-18-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: *updates

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    How's this going? Try dexilant
    Dexilant, from what I gather, is used to treat symptoms of GERD! I haven't had any reflux, however, if it's mechanism is reducing hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach, perhaps I would benefit since I believe my ulcer is further down in my duodenum? I'll ask my Dr. what he thinks this Friday! Thanks for the advice, Twist.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    why are you still using JACKED if you have an ulcer? cut out the caffeine and it will help the ulcer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    why are you still using JACKED if you have an ulcer? cut out the caffeine and it will help the ulcer as well.
    I am not using Jack3d any longer. I had woken up on day 1 and taken a dose for my AM cardio. Then after I got home I realized that I really need to actually do something about my stomach, and after even more researching I decided mid-day to begin the cabbage juice fast.

As of right now I am off all supplements, if you cared to read through my whole post you'd see that. Thanks for the constructive criticism...

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    gotcha. i kinda skimmed over it. you may want to get checked for h. pylori also. my old roommate always had ulcers and come to find out, it was h. pylori.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    gotcha. i kinda skimmed over it. you may want to get checked for h. pylori also. my old roommate always had ulcers and come to find out, it was h. pylori.
    Thanks a lot man. I was thinking the same thing. Have a Dr. appt. Friday to get tested!

Thread Information