Beast_03 is offline Junior Member

Oatmeal shake improvement help

Hey guys i used to have my breakfast as:
    1 cup oats (dry)
    2 scoops whey protein
    1 cup skim milk

Then blend it and drink
    I could stomach it for a while but then i came to the point when if i even smelt it i would gag let alone taste it.. so i forced it down but it became too much. So i had to change my breakfast to porridge.. but i wanna go back to the blender thing cuz the porridge fills me up too much and i hate eating in the mornings so by the time im done porridge containing only 3/4 cup oats compared to 1 cup in the blender, i dont have any room for a protein shake, but soon i will force it down when i get used to the amount as ill have to.

My problem with the oat/whey shake wasnt the taste.. that was fine.. it was the fact that it was like drinking sand and i couldnt even gulp the stuff one gulp after the other... i had to take a mouth full, force it down and repeat till it was done (which also took ages).

I really need to know if u guys know how to make it more smooth goin down.. ive blended it for ages and it doesnt seem to help, what do u guys think? is there something i could add or would a higher speed of blending help or what?

thx.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Maby use more mil/water in the mix? Its the same for me the oatmeal always just sinks to the bottom and then its like drinking sand. I think its hard to avoid

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Suck it up bro i know most of our foods suck....but u gotta do wut u gotta do

try this I find it very taste

a cup of oatmeal
    10 egg whites
    1 scoop of protein.
    Splenda or any other sweetener
    Cinnamon(mostly for the insulin sensitivity but it tastes good to).
    A pinch of salt.

blend it and put it into the micro until half of it is solid and the other half fluid. Usualy 3 minutes at medium effect. then eat it.

i guess i could try that, although i already manage to fill up a pint glass of the stuff.. and that seems to be the max i can handle. I usually try to stir it before each gulp so that the when i come to the end it isnt completely unbarable. I might give it a try tho, may as well and if i cant force it all down then i dunno what to do lol. thx anyway.

also the thing I suggested. You can nuke it for only one minut and then drink it to. That should have killed of any possible salmonella in the eggs.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You might wanna see if you can get some oat flour, this could make your shake a little bit easier to take down!

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    also the thing I suggested. You can nuke it for only one minut and then drink it to. That should have killed of any possible salmonella in the eggs.
    well i used to eat dry oats and swallow it down with water haha along with egg whites.. but id rather just use protein powder.. much easier and less time consuming.. and i like the idea of drinking my breakfast as i hate breakfast and wanna get it over n done with asap. Thx for the input tho.. guess ill have to go back to the blender thing n suck it up as the porridge way is too filling with less carbs and protein.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    You might wanna see if you can get some oat flour, this could make your shake a little bit easier to take down!
    oat flour? never heard of it.. must just be grinded oats i guess. Is it the exact same with the same amounts of complex carbs per gram of the suff or is it cheaper crap? anyone use it?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Check it out....I believe you are right, grounded oats that all....I'm working on a cookie recipie right now for a nice carb/pro dessert at night!!!

http://www.low-carb.com/oroatfl.html

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Check it out....I believe you are right, grounded oats that all....I'm working on a cookie recipie right now for a nice carb/pro dessert at night!!!

http://www.low-carb.com/oroatfl.html
    thx for the info bro.

Thread Information