Hilesy is offline New Member

Cheat meals or cheat days?

I've been cutting bf for the last 6 weeks, down to 250 form 275. Instead of a cheat day, I have been having two cheat meals per week. I have about 6 tacos Monday after training and on Friday I have a 12" pizza after training. What's your opinion on whether to have the two cheat meals or should I just have one cheat day?

The diet is going good, but this is the first week I stayed at 250.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    IMO if your diet has stalled you might wanna up to the cheat day, what you BF%. The lower you get the more refeeds you are going to need to, so an all out cheat day might be beneficial!

Geriguy is offline Member
    I prefer cheat meals!
    A whole day is too much, I think

icedudez is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    IMO if your diet has stalled you might wanna up to the cheat day, what you BF%. The lower you get the more refeeds you are going to need to, so an all out cheat day might be beneficial!
    what does refeed mean,wats this? i have 1 cheat meal every 2-3weeks, is this too llittle? ( dont mean to jack ur thread playa)

Generally if you are hypocaloric for extendend periods of time (perhaps lowering carbs as well) You need to periodically cheat (refeed) where you take in large amounts of calories, mainly from Carbs. This will help with Thyroid function as well shock the body....If you are cutting cals for long enough your body will adjust and reduce your metabolisim to make up for the difference. I cheat like a bastard one day per week, ok sometiems 2....and I'm still losing bout a 1lb per week....I actually wrote a thread before about how ****ing how i get when I cheat, which i suspect could be from the increased thyroid production, just a theory at this point but could be tru enon the less.

how ****ing how i get when I cheat
    Meant to say how ****ing hot i get!

icedudez is offline Member
    so about 1 cheat meal a week for me? im tryna bulk?

I believe you still need to cheat even when Bulking, read the bulkin sticky up top for more info....I think cheating is essential for not letting you body get used to any particular feeding patern for too long!

Hilesy is offline New Member
    I have actually been thinking about increasing my calories by adding an additional meal. I think this will increase my metabolism. I thought a cheat day will help boost my metabolisim as well. I'm already doing an hour of cardio daily and some days 1.5 hours total (45 minutes, twice a day). I'm not too concerned right now because about every 3rd day I go low-carb for a day (under 50g) and I didn't do that this week. I kept everything moderate (around 200 complex). I'm going to reinstate the low-carb days next week and see what happens. I will also add the cheat day. I think I'll make it today..haha. Thanks for the info.

Thread Information