bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Cardio in the evening after ma weight session or none at all?

Would you advise me to do :

1. cardio in the evening after my weight session, with ECA

or

2. no cardio at all?

I'm cutting, and these are the ONLY 2 options I have regarding cardio...

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Talking

this wut i would do
    No cardio , drop calories by 500 , make sure diet is PERFECT and try not be lazy ie , dont take the elevator for 7 stories or smth like that.....
    and check out the tips from this thread
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=177487

Good luck VIN

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You can do your cardio after lifting, and it would probably be best to do some cardio if you are trying to cut, however I would limit myself to only 30 min, low intensity after your workout and then make sure you get your PWO shake in immeadiately. This is not the ideal nor optimal situation but it will still work if you have no other alternatives.

Adding to catabolism while calories are already low ......

First of all if you have the proper nutrition catabolisim is highly overrated....Secondly, weight training itself evokes an anti-catabolic hormonal repsonse, ie. the production of GH which has anti catabolic properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    First of all if you have the proper nutrition catabolisim is highly overrated....Secondly, weight training itself evokes an anti-catabolic hormonal repsonse, ie. the production of GH which has anti catabolic properties.
    ever hear of cortisol

yes i have

well itll be higher after doing both... if it works for u doing weights then cardio do it..... but it doesnt for me...got a workout now l8r

niXon)( is offline Member
    If i was doing it I would go for 20 min after weights.

well itll be higher after doing both... if it works for u doing weights then cardio do it..... but it doesnt for me...got a workout now l8r
    GH realease last for about 60 minutes PWO, which is why some say that you have a window of about an hour, with this GH release you also have the anti-catabolic properties of GH. SO yes you can in fact do cardio after weight training. Could it be a little determental to your muscle, pehaps but you can do it without the fear of losing massive amounts of muscle.

By the way, I do morning cardio as well....i feel its best to split them up anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    GH realease last for about 60 minutes PWO, which is why some say that you have a window of about an hour, with this GH release you also have the anti-catabolic properties of GH. SO yes you can in fact do cardio after weight training. Could it be a little determental to your muscle, pehaps but you can do it without the fear of losing massive amounts of muscle.
    Ur not gonna lose massive amounts ...say 20lbs in a week or smth..

but a weight &cardio workout and another and another build up.....

if its for a short time i guess he could try it and see what happens if strength is going down he shouldnt
    its all bout trial and error

peace

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    alot of people do cardo post workout and think it works. Almost every competitive bodybuilder in sweden does it. They consider the ones that doesnt do it wierd lol.
    I guess it might be catabolic and the pwo shake will blunt lipolysis(sp?)the moment cardio is done. But it seems to work anyway. I have done it for periods and it doesnt seem to **** upp my recovery and it helped me lose weight a bit quicker.

Last spring after cutting for several months I threw in post workout cardio in addition to my regular cardio to lose a few more ibs and I had a peak in my strenght during that period to.

This is probably a very individual thing and also depends alot on how the workout looks. A high volume workout for 1,5-2 hours followed by cardio would mean death to muscle and recovery and imune system.

Dont do the cardio for to long! No more then 30 minutes. During this time period atleast for me higher intensity cardio seems more benificial(I know this is debated just sharing my own experience now)for both weight loss and recovery.

I have never been realy cut either so take my word for what its worth.....

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    alot of people do cardo post workout and think it works. Almost every competitive bodybuilder in sweden does it. They consider the ones that doesnt do it wierd lol.
    I guess it might be catabolic and the pwo shake will blunt lipolysis(sp?)the moment cardio is done. But it seems to work anyway. I have done it for periods and it doesnt seem to **** upp my recovery and it helped me lose weight a bit quicker.

Last spring after cutting for several months I threw in post workout cardio in addition to my regular cardio to lose a few more ibs and I had a peak in my strenght during that period to.
    Did you lose any more strength compared to when you didn't do cardio after weights? and did you keep pwo the same?

I didnt lose strenght in either case. I gained strenght at both times and I think I gained more while doing the pwo cardio but it was other factors playing into that I guess.

pwo shake was eactly the same.

What other factors could it be lol

my strenght always goes in waves. I always have one peak when bulking followed by a downfall then a slow gradual buildupp into another peak that almost always is during the end of my cutting. So when I am at my lightest I am usualy the strongest to. Doestn make any sense but thats how it has worked for me so far.

because if anything it says cardio after weights...for you...helps you put on strength/muscle?

I'm not too sure about trying it but i'm thinking about it.

It's totally against everything i've learned.

well I dont think the cardio was the factor that made me stronger. Maby I did a smarter workout. Diet was the same though. I cant right now remember exactly how my workouts looked. But I did a westside routine. Maby I modified it somehow.

but it was the same this spring at the begining of my cutting. First I did cardio, then I started doing pwo cardio to and I saw a boost in strenght at that time. very odd indead. But I think another guy in this forum also thinks pwo cardio at the right ammounts aid his recovery. I dont know how it would work or why and it doesnt make any sense either. Im just gonna have to try again by including 15 minutes if HIIT cardio pwo. I ususaly do VERY intense stairmaster as pwo cardio. Going as hard as I possibly can.

But here is my theory. Since I do my PWO cardio so intensly my cardiovascular shape/ability(whatever dont know what you call it on english) improves. That improves my oxygen supply to the body/muscles and that for sure improves recovery. If that "theory" is right then doing the HIIT cardio at any time would be just as good.

But the norm is not to do pwo cardio and the thing that weights heaviest to me is that swole says its bad and considering how many he has trained I think its very unsual that someone notice any benifit from it. I might just be lucky. I can get away with ALOT when it comes to things that SHOULD be catabolic and still gain.

also take notice that I am talking about HIIT as a way of increaseing cardiovascular ability. Not as a optimal weight/fat loss aid.

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    post workout metabolism is increased (EPOC) after a resistance exercise course. the harder/more intense you workout the higher the EPOC. you can do 20 minutes of cardio after a workout easily, in fact a lot of people prefer to do this. and about catabolism, just make sure you have more carbs before your workout, and PWO nutrition right after cardio. i really dont think catabolism should be THAT big of an issue as some think it is. if you do your weight/cardio earlier in the day and have time to eat afterwards you can prevent catabolism with more protein throughout the day, if you are doing weights/cardio before bed and not getting enough protein after, then that could be a problem.

post workout metabolism is increased (EPOC) after a resistance exercise course. the harder/more intense you workout the higher the EPOC. you can do 20 minutes of cardio after a workout easily, in fact a lot of people prefer to do this. and about catabolism, just make sure you have more carbs before your workout, and PWO nutrition right after cardio. i really dont think catabolism should be THAT big of an issue as some think it is. if you do your weight/cardio earlier in the day and have time to eat afterwards you can prevent catabolism with more protein throughout the day, if you are doing weights/cardio before bed and not getting enough protein after, then that could be a problem.
    You nailed it right on the head....If you are following proper nutritional steps, maintaining a positive nitrogen balance etc...You should be absolutely fine. The idea that you muscles are wasting away is ridiculous, because as we all know GH is produced after intense weight training....If you consume some carbs and amino pre work out you can actually be anabolic during your wokrouts rather than catabolic!

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    yup, that fact is covered extensively in a book called Nutrient Timing...anyone read the damn thing 'sides me?

gonna check for it in the library next time Im there but I doubt they have it a must buy when I get money that is for sure. Vitamin c, curing the incurable and that book is 2 books I got to have!

Thread Information