Thread: dextrose

AFGym7 is offline New Member

dextrose

quick question, im cutting right now and i just ran out of dextrose and wont be able to buy any for about a week... so could i just use an equivalent amount of gatorade mixed with maltodextrin post workout? or should i use only the malto?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Sounds good mix the malto with the gatorade

be sure to go all ur carbs tho if used 80g dextrose make sure u get 80 from those

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    YOu can go that route, or you can even use honey for now until you get dextrose..

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    how important do you guys think dextrose is after training while cutting ??? I use it, but am thinking of skipping it. Especially after reading things like this -

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    how important do you guys think dextrose is after training while cutting ??? I use it, but am thinking of skipping it. Especially after reading things like this -

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666
    That article is interesting, but the author confessed that the dextrose leads to a 16% increase in glyogen levels over water, so there is clearly a benefit. Also his assumption that we do not work out twice a day, is not the case for may of us - I have gone to twice/day workouts - cardio AMs and weight PM.

The autho has gotten me interested in having a pure protien shke preworkout, since he asserts that the protien is most likely to go to your muscles as you work out when done that way.

Has anyone else seen any literature on this point?

Thread Information