Thread: Is it true

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Is it true

Is it true that when frying meat the meat wont "suck" upp any of the oil in the pan?

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Never heard of that. Don't see how it could'nt??. The "george forman" rules for indoor meat cooking. Chicken/sirloin etc.

well when thinking about it. when frying fatty meat its always more fat in the pan after frying then before.

I dont know I ususaly boil/fry my meat by using just a bit of water instead of oil. Make the meat tender as hell and very tasty. But if meat doesnt suck upp fat then I will go with olive oil again for sure.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    nah i dont think so johan i think it does suck up some but not that much also when heated i think it might let out some fat

Does it matter neway? if the fat from the meat and olive oil are in ur dail fat intake y should u care if theyre absorbed or not ?

well its a bitch to know how much oil gets sucked upp or how much fat leaves the meat. I cant include all the fat in the pan and if meat does suck it upp I cant ignore it either. anoying. I want to be as exact as possible when I count my macro's

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    well if i were you id grill . or boil it in water ....i dont care bout taste nemore so u might not like boiled

as I wrote earlier I usualy boil in very little water while spicing. When the water has been boiled away the meat is done and it tastes alot better then regular boiling.

But its still not as good as frying though and I very much care about taste

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Why use Oil??? Do they have PAM over there or other types of non fat cooking spray's....Thats all i use to fry my meat, if it does add any fat at all its a trivial amount....Also I have come acrosse a method I really like....I'll spray the pan down with alot of PAM oil as well as Oilivio (Which is a non fat butter spray) then sautee my onoins, garlic, meat etc....And if its starts sticking I'll throw in some chicken stock to break it all up.

yeah we have it but its to expensive for me to buy it right now. My pan SUCKS also I have to use alot of oil to make something not stick. Hell if I use pam I have to spray half the bottle need to get myself another teflon frying pan but well money is short

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Yeah man the teflon pan is what its all about and also cooking over a lower temp really helps, I would go with the asumption that the meat does take on a bit of the cooking fat, however maybe you could order some 100% MCT oil and it could be used, as MCT's are treated more like carbs than fat.

possbly. but using MCT oil in that fashio would also be to expensive for me. its pretty pricy here in sweden.

I guess I will go on with my cook/fry method with just plain water.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    1. Fry the meal in olive oil and don't worry about it.

2. Fry it very slowly on a low temp, and it wont stick at all. Rubbing mustard over the meat also helps with the sticking.

3. If you're really obsessed with how much oil gets sucked up, measure the amount thats in the pan b4 and after frying and there you have it......sure the meat lets some water out but most of the water evaporates

Last edited by bor; 06-29-2005 at 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information