Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

My protein has arrived!!

Just carried home the first 15kg(33ibs) bag of protein. Have another one to pic upp god damn they are a bitch to carry. But I will atleast have cheap protein that will last me quite some time now

No I just have to taste it and se how unflavored whey protein concentrate tastes

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    schweet buddy.

I got 5lbs of whey concerntrate/isolate blend lastnight cause I ran outta isolate and am waiting on a shipment from all the whey....

Its pretty fukin good though. I wonder how much more I should take in comparison to the isolate... I'm thinkin an extra scoop, I dont really care... I can tell if I need more or less in a day or so, so I keep a watch for it.

its unflavoured you shit? ewww, thats not good man....whatya mixin it with?

later bro

il just mix it in water I guess. Getting it straight from a diary reseller. the stuff that sup companies make their protein powder from. Exactly the same nutriten profile but for 1/3 of the price If it tastes donkey dick I guess Il mix it with something.

I dont think you would have to take more concentrate. the protein in concentrate is just as good and absorbable. Only difference is that isolate has removed the lactose and fat to a greater extent then concentrate.

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    Carrying home a 33lb bag of protien is hardcore.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    schweet buddy.

I got 5lbs of whey concerntrate/isolate blend lastnight cause I ran outta isolate and am waiting on a shipment from all the whey....

Its pretty fukin good though. I wonder how much more I should take in comparison to the isolate... I'm thinkin an extra scoop, I dont really care... I can tell if I need more or less in a day or so, so I keep a watch for it.

its unflavoured you shit? ewww, thats not good man....whatya mixin it with?

later bro
    What flavour did you order bro? Alltheywhey is the dogz nutz! Have you tried pineapple or choc orange yet?!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    whats the difference between concentrate and isolate. probably a dumb question.

isolate is just filtrated more. concentrate can have left something like 5-10% of lactose and fat. Isolate usualy is below 1g% in both and usualy have a little higher protein content. concentrate is usualy 80% protein, isolate usualy 90% protein.

I havent tried the orange chocolate...but I have tried the chocolate, bananna and orange.

I like (when I drank orange juice) bananna with OJ and chocolate...chocolate with OJ is actually "whey" better than it sounds. Banana and chocolate with some peanut butter mixed with abit of skim milk,ice cubes in the blender is wicked.

bannana and orange is good too.

I have bananna and choc on order... and use either depending on which flavour of crystal light I have.

also, I'm pretty sure that concerntrate is actually not complete amino acid chains which isolate IS...... thats why its cheaper and you have to take more etc, as opposed to isolate having complete chains which can convert to muscle faster as opposed to incomplete chains which have to complete with other sources ie meat etc before being utilized for protein synthesis.

some powders come in a mixture of the both but one chain degrading another to complete itself is useless, hence the need for other sources.

I may be wrong but I dont think so man.....

nope. I have read upp on this. concentrate and isolate is exactly the same only difference beeing ammount of lactose and fat.

there is hydrolyzat(sp?)where the protein chains are broken down into amino acids making the absorbation a bit quicker but its just a waste of cash.

concentrate is cheaper since it costs alot to get rid of the lactose and fat.

they protein chain is already complete in the whey rawmaterial. So one could eat that for excelent protein. But its filled with fat and lactose. But a staple food in some countries

whey is such a good protein that any modification to it acctualy usualy makes it worse. some add a bit of glutamine to call it more complete but its pretty much just bullcrap. aint much one can do to improve the protein quality in whey. no need to.

I FUKIN KNEW IT!!!

dammit, I used to buy whey concerntrate all the time, cause it was cheaper... etc and it tasted better, well, at least this one type vs another

and when I went to the pricier stuff it didnt make a difference in terms of maintenance or gains.

but, now that I do think about it, since i have been using isolate for the last while, I dont get as much toots or cramping in the ol belly, which I did when taking in ALOT of concerntrate.

hmmm, kewl, well, I just got 5lbs for 40bucks ... thats cheap here !

yeah isolate imo is only better then concentrate in the pwo shake(because it doesnt have fat)or if one is lactose intolerance. Many are lactose intolerante without knowing it though.

but for me isolate is never a chooise since I could never afford it

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    I FUKIN KNEW IT!!!

dammit, I used to buy whey concerntrate all the time, cause it was cheaper... etc and it tasted better, well, at least this one type vs another

and when I went to the pricier stuff it didnt make a difference in terms of maintenance or gains.

but, now that I do think about it, since i have been using isolate for the last while, I dont get as much toots or cramping in the ol belly, which I did when taking in ALOT of concerntrate.

hmmm, kewl, well, I just got 5lbs for 40bucks ... thats cheap here !
    ASN has 10 pounds of concentrate for $40US or $50Cdn. It tastes great too.

I bought 2lb Nectar's from ASN for ~$25Cdn. They're like $45 each in Canada.

IMHO, ASN fvcking rocks. I cannot find better prices for most of the products I use. Plus I want to support the company that supports this board.

I could name a few cheaper sites but hell I agree suporting this site is number one

to bad shipping to sweden would kill me otherwise I would order from asn aswell. The asn concentrate prices on large quantities seems very good

just tasted it. Doesnt taste that bad realy. Doesnt taste much at all. Kind of funny after taste but **** that. I think I can drink this often without it getting to old

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    just tasted it. Doesnt taste that bad realy. Doesnt taste much at all. Kind of funny after taste but **** that. I think I can drink this often without it getting to old

good stuff, drink er up bud.

and MBH... THANKS man, I'm gonna order some, what flavahhh you likin?

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    I bought some unflavoured stuff like that a while back

still got it cos I didnt like the taste. I mixed a lot of it with zero sugar,low fat drinking choc powder which made things a lot better!

Unflavoured it tastes like a funny kind of off tasting cream I think

I was acctualy thinking about using choc powder like that but the sugar free stuff I can get here is EXPENSIVE as hell. but mixing down some some pure cacao with splenda or similar wouldnt be to bad nutrition wise and cheap.

Thread Information