IronFreakX is offline Banned

Cool Clean cheating??

i know how alot of you worship cheat days/meals and will hate me for this

I realize that alot of people who "cheat" consume alot of sugars/fat together and some take in lots of protein other dont...
    so im thinking what bout a clean cheat day...!!
    it would be something like this...
    lets say ur currently cutting.....and have ur calories lowered by 500 thru diet and cardio....and its time for ur 1st cheal meal/day..so instead of going to eat out..u could increase maybe 500/1000 calories by adding more protein to ur meals...or increasing carbs in ur pro/carbs meals..or fats in ur pro/fat meals.
    so what ur doing basically is increasing the calories to activate the thyroid so ur metabolism doesnt slow down...without creating ne addintional insulin spikes...
    my question is is it more beneficial to have an extra insulin spike other than pwo/ppwo in ur cheat days or does increasing the calories by adding more clean food help achieve the same goal of the "unclean cheat"? which is to activate the thyroid ?
    I know its boring as fvck....but i dont cheat for sanity so i thot it would be worth a try
    thnx

searching for ne connection between insulin /thyroid...simple sugars VS complex and thyroid
    one more note: if there is a connection..... im thinking u could increase calories from simple sugars by adding more dex to ur shake or more rice to ur ppwo meal.....
    The whole thing im trying to achieve is to increase the calories while sticking to the diet guide lines/principales

nwp
    nwp is offline Junior Member
    IMO, your appproach seems ideal. On days when I'm feeling a lack of energy and I have been low calories for a while, I'll eat more oatmeal post workout, and eat more carb meals throughout the day. I'll admit it's hard to not eat everything in sight, but usually it goes ok. So I'd say I end up eating 1000-1500 extra calories on those days, mainly from carbs (cereal, oats, breads, bananas, etc.) I don't really think you need to eat extra protein, as in most diets, protein is always kept high and it's the carbs that get reduced more than anything.
    As far as a cheat meals/ cheat days, I think those have psychological benefits as well, but it's up to you what works better.

good post ...
    im still searching..fvcking boring...ill be done in an hr or 2 then post some more info and suggested techniques that i am trying/ will try ...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    basicly my cheat days is to get away from thinking about what I eat. I dont give a rats ass about getting my metabolism upp(Im on t-3 anyway)or anything like that.
    I want the mental relaxation. I would never ever count any kcal or macros on a cheat day. Some cheat days(especialy when bulking)I eat less then usual just becaused Im tired of eating.

so this would be good for those that doesnt care about the mental bit I guess. Not that I think a cheat day spikes the metabolism that much either imo.

Thread Information