Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PoorMan is offline Junior Member

Xenadrine or Hydroxycut?

I am in need of a fat burner. I have been looking into Xenadrine and Hydroxycut. Anyone have an opinion on which is better? Should I just get ephadrine, caffeine and asprin and take those? Or get the Xenadrine or Hydroxycut? If I get the 3 ingredients seperate, how much of each should I take? And should I cycle it? Im working out 5 days a week and Im on a low carb/high protein diet. What do you guys think?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I have never taken Hydroxycut, but I've been taking Xenadrine for the past month and half or so, and it seems to be working. I have taken Ripped Fuel, and I liked that too. Whatever you get cheapest...probably a good idea, condsidering your handle.

Just remember, the best fat burner is having more muscle, calorie-deficit, cardio, and weight training.

Go get em PoorMan.

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    I have tried taking hydroxycut on two different occasions and have not seen where it has help me at all, but I was not dieting or running at the time. I am taking ripped fuel right now with a diet and cardio and I am starting to see results and it has only been 3 weeks. I think over the summer I am going to get on Xenadrine b/c I get all shaking when I take ripped fuel, but right now I am dealing with it just b/c I dont have enough money to buy Xenadrine.

I would get either ripped fuel or xenadrine just b/c hydroxycut never worked for me. But I am not you, so you just gotta try one out and see if it works.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Xenadrine has been working good for me

never tried the other

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Save you money. ECA stack work best. If you get the refined ephadrine it costs about $8-10 for 100 25mg tabs. Cafine is cheap as is asperin. I have found nothing more effective- only more expensive.

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    beenie has got the idea, however be careful when making the stack, dont take to much effedrine as you know of all the downsides to this drug.

what is a good brand of ephedrine? Do I want pure ephedrine or the mu haung or whatever it is?

I use BOLT Ephedrine. 60 tabs $8.99. It is made by D&E Pharmecuticals in Bloomoington NJ. Thier number is 800-221-1833, in case you cannot find it in your local BB supply store.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I've tried Ripped Fuel but it didn't really do much for me. I switched over to Xenadrine and it worked really well. Good luck bro!!!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Hey gang,

I have a bottle of Xenadrine RFA.

any of you that happen to be using it please share your dosage numbers.
    I have taken up to three but i am not sure how i am supposed to feel.

I am fat, 264 30% body fat. I work our cardio 30 mins a day now 5 times a week (making sure i stay under 85% max )

I added resistance training every other day.

Any tips would be great. I have searched before asking btw =) i love reading this board.

Thanks yall

devland2 is offline Junior Member
    i use primatene tabs, OTC asthma med and some generic caffine tabs, cheaper than any bottled eca stack

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    Xenadrine: take 2 with breakfast and 2 early afternoon around 2-4 pm...I also sometimes take one right around 8 pm, but you're not supposed to do that. Safe amt. of ephedrine for the heart is right at 100mg a day I think, and 5 pills put you right there. Plus it keeps you up at night if you take it late.

I've tried both hydroxycut and xenadrine, hydroxycut for 3 months, xen for almost a year now. I like xenadrine a lot better for a couple different reasons: hydroxycut made me super jittery and sometimes lightheaded, hydroxycut has some ingredients in it which researchers have recently found to have no benefit in fat burning/thermogenesis, and also muscletech is known to be a good research company, but they tend to have bad manufacturing quality, as seen by the batch that was shipped in which the pills were supposedly all ephedrine, and I heard a few people died from it.

I like xenadrine because it's less pills, it's worked for me (lost 18 lbs. so far, another 10 to go!), and it doesn't make me real jittery or ungodly hyper like the hydroxycut did. Just make sure you order it from an online source so you get a good price, right around the $25 dollar mark, or else you're gonna be paying like 40 bucks at GNC for it. Also, you might want to look into the new Xenadrine-EFX , it's ephedrine free and supposedly even better than the RFA-1 version.

hope i helped

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Try both and see which on works best for you. Personnally, I like Thermogene, however there are some things that you need to be aware of first. If you have ever had any type of seziure disorder, of high blood pressure or any type of heart problems you might want to look inot other ways of dropping your body fat. This medical conditions can only be aggrevated by the use of anything that will raise your heart rate up.
    Tobey

Warthog is offline New Member
    i used hydroxycut for 2-3 months and loss around 20 pounds. Its a great product and should be used with your morning exercise on an empty stomach. I could really tell a difference when i was using it. Only thing is, is that yoru body starts building up a resistance to it after a month or 2 months. So u might want to cycle it, one day on , one day off.

Originally posted by Warthog
    i used hydroxycut for 2-3 months and loss around 20 pounds. Its a great product and should be used with your morning exercise on an empty stomach. I could really tell a difference when i was using it. Only thing is, is that yoru body starts building up a resistance to it after a month or 2 months. So u might want to cycle it, one day on , one day off.
    I cycle ECA stacks 2 weeks on twoo weeks off. It works pretty well for me.

roy dirr is offline New Member
    i have taken hydroxycut and stacker 2. the hydroxycut did very little for me, but still a little. The stacker 2 on the other hand worked great. so if i had to make a recomendation i would say stacker2

BIG R is offline Member
    I've used Hydroxycut for 2 BB shows and it worked BAD ASS for me in conjunction with a good diet. I placed 1st(Novice) and then 2nd (open Level). So, Hey the shit works. Never underestimate clenbuterol also but you can only take it for short burts.

Big R
    Xenadrine SUCKS I've never, NEVER seen a person make gains off of it!

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    I have used them all. I have taken 16 hydroxycut pills a day, and noticed absolutely nothing. I did the Xenadrine RFA-1 and noticed a little over a month or so, actually did give me a little energy. I tried stacker 3 and haven't noticed much. There is a guy that I work with that takes 4 stacker 3 pills a day, eats the most fatty, greasy food you can get, he doesn't do any excercise, and wonders why he doesn't lose any weight. Cardio and a clean diet will beat any fat burner pills. I am not saying they dont work, but finding the one that benefits your body is an expensive trial and error job. What I use to lose weight is dedication. -H

LightSnack is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    Hey gang,

I have a bottle of Xenadrine RFA.

any of you that happen to be using it please share your dosage numbers.
    I have taken up to three but i am not sure how i am supposed to feel.

I am fat, 264 30% body fat. I work our cardio 30 mins a day now 5 times a week (making sure i stay under 85% max )

I added resistance training every other day.

Any tips would be great. I have searched before asking btw =) i love reading this board.

Thanks yall

Xen RFA has worked really well for me. After about 5 months of high intensity cardio 4 to 5 times a week my fat loss started to taper off. (I lost about 15 pounds but alot more fat, as I was lifting heavy 4 times a week)

I wasn't seeing much progress for about 3 weeks (fat loss) so i got some Xen RFA. It kicked the meltdown back in. I've lost about 8 more pounds of fat in the last 2.5 weeks.

Dosage I used:
    1st week - 1pill with breakfast & One pill with Lunch or Midday snack

2nd week & forward - 2 pills w/ breakfast & 2 pills with Lunch.

Small sides (jittery & sweaty) the 1st couple of days that I upped the dosage, but now it ain't no thang...

Overall I've been very happy

neverenuff is offline New Member
    ECA is the best and there is a new slammin product out by LABRADA called CHARGE...It is really good, i highly reccomend it.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Tobey
    Try both and see which on works best for you. Personnally, I like Thermogene, however there are some things that you need to be aware of first. If you have ever had any type of seziure disorder, of high blood pressure or any type of heart problems you might want to look inot other ways of dropping your body fat. This medical conditions can only be aggrevated by the use of anything that will raise your heart rate up.
    Tobey
    I'm with Tobey on this one...I also take Thermogen II, it is by Sci-Fit, about $8 cheaper than Xenadrine and works better IMO...I also take liquid Clenbutrx, it is expensive and tastes like crap.

Only problem is I am hooked on the ECA stack...I don't feel right if I don't take it. I need to taper off and then stay off for a couple of weeks and then try it again...I took 4 one time and my resting heart rate was 120! I was pretty much excersising while sitting in a chair...I stopped taking it for a week after that, but soon got back on...Anyone else have an addiction to it?

Jphill1301 is offline Junior Member
    I'm currently on Hydroxycut. But for this round I"m not noticing the results I did last round. I am tempted to switch to Xenadrine to see if anything changes.

sweetgirl is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by woodsy169
    Only problem is I am hooked on the ECA stack...I don't feel right if I don't take it. I need to taper off and then stay off for a couple of weeks and then try it again...I took 4 one time and my resting heart rate was 120! I was pretty much excersising while sitting in a chair...I stopped taking it for a week after that, but soon got back on...Anyone else have an addiction to it?
    i have been trying to quit ECA,..but i am so very much addicted.i have been taking it, for about 3 years now. i have lost fat when i frist started, but now, i am up to 3 pill a day, and im not even noticing the rush it use to give me....
    i know,.. its more spychology than anything else,.. and baaadddd habit that i have to take it before my workouts !!!...

...any ideas of what i should take instead of ECA, and still give me the rush and energy ???
    sweetgirl

I know exactly what you are talking about sweetgirl...that is the same problem I have. I went to Cancun in March and I was taking 4 - 3x a day!! That is waaaaay too much, but I needed to "jumpstart" every day...I am now back up to 3 - 2x a day, along with drinking coffee...damn, I am soooo addicted!!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I am trying to cut back on them myself. I think what I might do is go and get some caffiene pills and take them instead to first cut out the ephedrine. Once I get used to that then split the caffeine pill in half, and then stop all together.

Woodsy that is a lot of stuff you are talking. Has it had an impact on your blood pressure reading? I am worried and I have only taken this stuff once a day before workouts. 200mg of caff and 20mg of ephedrine. Have been using it pretty steady since last August.

Yeah, I have been using it for a year now...it is called Thermogen II by Sci-Fit...two pills contain Yohimbe Bark Extract: 500mg (10mg Yohimbine HCL), MaHuang Extract (8% Ephedra): 310mg (25mg Ephedrine Alkaloids), Guarana (22% Caffeine): 150mg (33mg Caffeine), Caffeine: 100mg, Cayenne: 100mg, Ginger Root: 100mg

The bottle says to take twice a day with meals and not to exceed 8 capsules in a 24 hour period. Obviously while I was in Cancun I did (took 12 in one day)...but I only take 6 a day now...but I feel like it isn't doing anything, but I feel like crap if I don't take it...

I take it every morning before my cardio and once in the afternoon...6 pills a day. I went to the doc two months ago and my blood pressure was normal...I might try your idea of just the caffeine pills to cut out the ephedrine and then taper off of the caffeine...hell, I ought to just quit cold turkey for a month then cycle in two weeks on two off from then on...Let me know if the caffeine trick works for you. Thanks for the idea scott!

sweetgirl is offline Female Member
    arent you suppose to take caffeine with ephedrine ??
    before my workouts, i take 1 or 2 caffeine pills ( 200 mg), 3 ephedrine ( 90 mg), and 1 aspirine,...i dont think i could imagine taking just caffeine pills... does that sounds risky for my health ???
    sweetgirl

Well, the caffeine would still give you energy...just without the ephedrine rush...just to get off of the ephedrine without the energy spike...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Not sure what the exact recommended ratio is for Effedrine to caffeine but your 90mg to 200mg seems high. I thought it was 20-25 mg of ephedrine to 200mg of caffeine. Anyway, removing the ephedrine before the caffeine is just my way to slowly come off of this stuff. It shouldn't hurt you to take caffeine only. I just read an article in this months Muscle and Fitness that cycling of E and C is not needed and that steady long term use at the recommended dosages is ok. I am confused. I still think it is bad to depend on this stuff.

Sweet Girl, Why don't you start another thread asking if you ratio of caffeine to ephedrine seems too high to get some other opinions.

10wheeler is offline Associate Member
    theres a new xenadrine out in the market xenadrine efx whats the diffrenc e between rfa and efx?

EFX is ephedrine-free and RFA does have the ephedrine. Other than that I dont know.

My friends brother was really big but not cut (he never dieted and ate fast food all the time) and he took Ripped Fuel for awhile and it was amazing how ripped he was! I never tried it (I'm not old enough, nor would I need it because I'm an ectomorph) but if it worked for him, it could work for you as well.

Hosegood is offline New Member
    I'm a MMA fighter and have used both Xenadrine RFA, and Hydroxycut in the past. Both will raise your blood pressure. Xenadrine EFX has no ephedra in it but doesn't seem to work very well. I'm no expert but I'd say use either sparingly. I always laid off about a month before a fight because I was paranoid my heart would explode during the fight. I've never juiced but if you juice I'd say adding either one to that would be pretty risky but thats your choice. Just my 2 cents.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Hydroxycut. I lost 55 pounds on it.

Traps1125 is offline Banned
    Xenadrine and Hydroxy dont compare to Dymetadrine Xtreme

MaxoutMike is offline Junior Member
    I agree with traps

I got down to 5.5% in 8 weeks by cycling Dymetadrine, yellow caps and clen on and off. Oh yeah, and proper dieting

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Neither, there are much cheaper alternatives to those 2 who i feel are extremely overrated and overpriced, i use regural old Ephedrin HCL, Caffine pills & Asprin stack and it works just as good, the key is a solid diet and workout program and that's all you need to get shredded...save your money Bro...my 2 cents...XXL

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    where can i find some efedrine at and what is it labeled as?

Well, I first posted this thread in April. In that time, I decided to try Xenadrine. I lost considerable weight, but I cant say what its from exactly. I did a number of things. Low carb diet, lifting hard, playing tons of tennis (i use that as cardio cause running sucks), and took the Xenadrine. So between all that stuff, I went from 260lbs to 200lbs. Not bad if you ask me. Anyway, just figured Id update. Later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information