Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Biggest cutting enemy

What is your biggest enemy when cutting?

To me its the summer. In the winter I can cut and keep motivation high without a problem even for months. But when summer comes my motivation just dies. I dont know why its like that. I mean it should be the opposit hot weather=not much clothes should lead to me desiering a fit body even more. But the heat, the sun everything just wants me to relax, enjoy myself and eat whatever I want to.

I find myself constantly trying to justifie cheating to much. Like this weekend with my girl I cheated for 2 days, almost 3 and I made it seem(in my mind) like a resonable thing to do

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    What is your biggest enemy when cutting?

To me its the summer. In the winter I can cut and keep motivation high without a problem even for months. But when summer comes my motivation just dies. I dont know why its like that. I mean it should be the opposit hot weather=not much clothes should lead to me desiering a fit body even more. But the heat, the sun everything just wants me to relax, enjoy myself and eat whatever I want to.

I find myself constantly trying to justifie cheating to much. Like this weekend with my girl I cheated for 2 days, almost 3 and I made it seem(in my mind) like a resonable thing to do
    Yes, its funny I think I no what you mean I tend to loose grip by the time summer comes round to,, I can really get my head down during the off season,
    But only if iv been slaking for around 2-3 weeks previously I think its down to consistency if you go 12-14 weeks being totally dedicated by about that time you have just had enough…..

niXon)( is offline Member
    word. I had a cheat weekend too. gelt bad yesterday felt like a fatass. problem is i can't even think about droping kcals, PCT

but i told myself its for the best eating alot because of the PCT lol.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Summer BBQ's, beer, baseball etc...I know what you mean cheat days have turned into cheat weekends....But when you've been cutting for about 12 weeks (have a lot to cut ) or so I'm sure this will tend to happen more. i wouldn't sweat it if I were you a few days in the whole scheme of things won't kill you. It may slow things down but hey you gotta live once in a while!!

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Sugar and Dairy products, girlfriend is very good at keeping me disciplined on my diet.

I have been half ass dieting since january. I would have been in the best shape of my life now if EVERYTHING hadnt gone wrong. Sicness, injuries, financial problems, ulcers ect. So I have been more or less dieting for like more then 6 months now

Not 100% hardcore though since my motivation disapered completely when I was sic like 13 times in 3 months.

Have only lost 30 ibs this spring so it has been a total disaster but on the bright side Im at my strongest right now in almost all lifts.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Sugar and Dairy products
    ICE CREAM....God I love Dairy Queen!

I was dieting since last December. Something like 20 weeks. I was going to compete but could not get my body under 200 lbs and I wanted to do the light heavy class. Didnt wanna get on stage unless I thought I could take it. After much talk with some good freinds we've come to the conclusion that my test was too high, this time around I'm going to be on the money. I'm hitting up 2 fall shows, so what I did was got off the diet for about a month or so. Didnt eat ALL bad, just a few cheat meals(big cheat meals) a week as opposed to 1 or 2 and didnt train as much, maybe like 3 days a week in the gym. I was on cycle for almost 20 weeks, took 4 or 5 weeks off, but now I'm back on because I wanna do these fall shows. I think that a 4 week break once or twice a year is a good thing, especially for your motivation levels, and your diet. I knew that if I didnt eat some bad food for that 4 weeks then I'd binge come competition time, and I cant let that happen. Word

stacked I also wanted to compete this spring. Was planning to be on stage in may. But Il do it next may instead.

my avatar pic is me 2,5 months before the competition I was planning to do. Was already behind my schedualed weightloss then.

I was in good shape, down around 7 1/2 % bf at 225 lbs. but I didnt want to get on stage just to say I did the show, I wanted all or none, that is to win. Now if I was 220 at 4% it would be a different story. I think light heavy is where I need to aim for, I'll do it this fall though, I have 11 weeks to lose 25 lbs, 2 lbs a week then my water drop will put me right around 190 something, right at the top of the class and laced bro.

Damn your at 7,5% and 225 and want to push yourself down to 190. Wont you lose a terrible ammount of muscle? You could get down to maby 210 instead and be sliced wouldnt that be better?

Best of luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Damn your at 7,5% and 225 and want to push yourself down to 190. Wont you lose a terrible ammount of muscle? You could get down to maby 210 instead and be sliced wouldnt that be better?

Best of luck bro
    I dont think it would be better in my case, I'm afraid the difference between a competitior at 225 at 4% and one at 210 at 4% is alot. 15 lbs of pure muscle mass is alot on stage. I've pondered on this question myself. I'd hate to have to lose mass to get into a weight class, but usually every show has a wild card. That is, somebody who comes right in at the top of the class chizzled who you have no idea about. I want to be the wild card this fall.

zoso428 is offline Associate Member
    pizza and pasta...raised italian and i love these foods on cheat days thats what i reach for screw sweets

I realised now what my second biggest cutting enemy is. I have a hard time beeing consistent. I like change. Both in workouts and diet. After 4-5 weeks I usualy want to "tweak" something even if it is working. I grow bored of routine. Anoying and something I need to stop doing.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    My biggest cutting enemy is loss of muscle mass. I have plenty of self control with what I eat, but when ever I cut I feel deflated and as if I am sacraficing a lot of my hard earned bulk for a little fat loss. Luckily I'm still young with a fast metabolism so I can bulk and remain 11-12%, but still I wouldnt mind cutting below 10. So I guess my biggest cutting enemy is ultimatly lack of knowlege on cutting, hahah.

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Beerbaron.....the deflated feel is the reduced carbs maybe....shock ur body during ur diet......one day low carbs next day high carbs.......

Flax seed is a must during a cutting diet.....1-2 tablespoons per day

I also found dieting real slow you save muscle.....keep the protein high.

Try to lose 1-2 lbs per week......

Thread Information