Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

carbs and fat loss. Why?

is there anything else besides the insulin release connected to carbs that makes carb shut down lipolysis? In comparison with protein.

Fructose for instance have almost no impact on insulin release so by what other mechanism does it slow down fatloss

I know the body rather uses carbs it have in the blood as energy over scavanging the fat stores. But why does a carb/protein meal lower lipolysis more then a fat/protein meal if both have a similar insulin response

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Your liver can take around 50g of fructose before storing the rest has fat, this comes straight from BodyOPus Dan Duchane dirty dieting.

I have boosted protein 2 scoops of whey, 1 cup of soy milk unsweetened and 1-2 whole eggs, i take this mix 3 times a day and try to get 250g of protein a day, i try to limit my carbs real low, if i eat dairy i bloate, if i eat sugar high glycemic carbs i bloate again.

But if i eat like this and keep my total carbs a day clean and below 100g my body is changing and i feel great. I also add flax oil 1tbs to each shake, and olive oil for cooking.

PWO is the only time i will use glucose with my shake to put back the glycogen that was lost since i am training real hard right now.

Johan one more thing are you still using soy in your diet, you are posted a lot of good info on it and i would like to know how its working for you?

does dietary low gi carbs lower leptin levels more then dietary fat?

Is the thermic effect of carbs to small to make upp for that?

yupp still using soy but as little as I can. Im eating maby 50-100grams of soy day nowdays. My weightgain seems to have begun again lost a bit over 2 ibs during the week before last week and havent weighted myself since then. I dont think soy is hurting me. Not in these ammounts. Im only getting at most 18 grams of carbs from soy every day.

probably didnt lose much last week. Cheated during 2 days since this is the last time I can se my girl for possibly more then 2 months and I get cranky when Im not "allowed" to eat what I want so I said **** it and enjoyed myself fully.
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 07-03-2005 at 09:51 AM.

btw I only used fructose as a example of a low gi food with very low insuline response. My question is wider and concern all low gi carb sources(galactos for instance and other super low gi carbs).

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    im gonna try adding more carbs and less fat see how that goes....

Thanks Johan, its normal to cheat me and my girlfriend eat out on the weekend and we cheat a bit, seems like when you are straight all week and the time to cheat comes around you kind of think twice before doing it, hell i didnt even have a ice cream cone this weekend lol.

I eat around 25g of soy total in a day, rest comes from whole eggs, chicken and whey protein which is my main base.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think i read fructose has some fat making enzymes in it. I stay away from it personally.

but what about other super low gi carbs. Like carbs in beans

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    but what about other super low gi carbs. Like carbs in beans
    Low GI carbs are fine....Carbs aren't the enemy here, the whole point of cutting your carbs is to help keep your insulin in check so that you don't have swings in blood sugar. If you are reducing carbs then you are most likely increasing fat intake to compensate for the lowering in carbs. Another reason many ppl use carbs only around their workouts is because this is the time you body can most efffiently process the carbs. It still comes down to be hypocaloric, that is what will make you lose weight.

yes but low carb seems to be the hype nowdays over low fat that used to be the way to go earlier. Im just curious if this has any solid scientific backing or if its just a new way of doing it neither better nor worse.

Well if you want to reduce total carb intake to 15% or less then you can get into ketosis where your body swithes to fat as its primary fuel. So yeah low-carb is def an option. However IMO its best for those that are obese. Carbs are an imortant part of a BB's diet. They restore glycogen, aid in the repairing of tissue etc...There's tons of scientific backing for the ketogenic approach....it works thats for sure, but by no means is it the only way to go about things. The low-fat fad was just pure marketing bullshit....and it lead to an even greater epidemic because all that fat was replaced by sugar....No one Macro is bad, they just need to be eaten in the righr proportions at the right times!

with low carb I dont mean the regular keto diet. More like the cutting sticky approach.

My question is why would doing alot of pro/fat meals be better then doing alot of pro/carbs meals during the day if kcal is the same and one make sure to get the ammount of EFA's that is needed.

A diet based on 10-15% of kcal from fat, 35% or so from carbs and 50% from protein.

Would that be worse then a diet that is reversed(50E% fat, 10-15E%carbs and 35E%fat)

Would that be worse then a diet that is reversed(50E% fat, 10-15E%carbs and 35E%fat)
    Then you are basically talking keto with 10-15% carbs....The cutting sticky seems to be a rather rough guidline taht gives people the basics....Everyone is different so some people might needs more carbs than other so on and so forth....But you don't have to go by that word for word...I know many people that cut and eat carbs 4 times a day and do just fine (Breakfast, Pre-WO, PWO,PPWO). Its really all based upon the person as well as the quality of carbs, because spiking your insulin during the day with High GI carbs will not be beneficial thats for sure.

I wonder what kind of meal would effect the balance betwen all the hormones the most. I know a carb meal lowers leptin but it also lowers ghrelin so I dont know if the net effect of a carb meal(when kcal deficient)is lipolysis or not.

I havent been able to find anything about what hormones a pro/fat meal releases either.

I do know one thing though. If compereing how I feel body wise when eating either a pro/fat meal or a pro/carb meal with equal ammounts of protein and kcal I get ALOT hotter with the pro/Carb meal. That to me indicates that alot more of the consumed calories is beeing burned off. Kind of obvious I guess since carbs have alot bigger thermic effect then fat.

I think I will try a low fat approach for a while. I have never experimented with that.

Johan with all the research you do i cant belevie that you never saw the negative of a low fat diet.

I dont approve low carb diet has per atkins, with bacon and greasy crap but if you choose what you eat correctly this should work the charme.

On a low fat diet high carb diet i was always hungry, retain a lot of water, i was eating white rice with tuna, pasta with no sauce and other low fat foods, my skin was dry.

Keep flax oil and olive oil strong in your diet, they both have to much benefits to cut out.

yupp I am aware of the benifits of both olive and flax oil for sure. But I think the benifits can be seen when consuming maby 20 grams of them each day. When I say low fat I mean a diet with the lowest ammount of fat that is healthy.

Thread Information