dragon69 is offline Member

cardio for fat loss %s

most people say cardio @65-80% MHR but here it's 65-70%. Opinions here?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    Well i dont know the glycogen/carb/fat metabolism thing...i didnt get my books yet...but ill try to explain as much as i can.......

65-70%-to make the intensity high enough as to actually burn calories and tap into your fat stores...but low enough so you do not use your own muscle...

try em both...and stick with the 1 that works best for ya....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    1) I don't know who "most people" is comprised of.

2) "Here" it's usually 65-75% of one's MHR.

This site has tons of highly educated/successful people so you'd be well served to use the advice that this site provides.

~SC~

I meant most published material says that. I have been following the 65-70% for some time, but I got curious when I see 65-80% so many times. I realize the reason why it's lower too.
    Swolecat you list it as 65-75%, you think 75% is still a large percentage of fat burned then?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    above 75% and you are getting close to the anaerobic threshhold, whyn ot play it safe and keep it at about 75% to be safe?

longhornDr is offline Member
    I meant most published material says that. I have been following the 65-70% for some time, but I got curious when I see 65-80% so many times. I realize the reason why it's lower too.
    Swolecat you list it as 65-75%, you think 75% is still a large percentage of fat burned then?
    Most published material does not pertain to bodybuilding and definitely is not geared towards maximizing lean body mass and reaching very low bodyfat percentages. It's aimed at a totally different audience with far different goals and you should keep that in mind when reading academic articles on the subject.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Most published material does not pertain to bodybuilding and definitely is not geared towards maximizing lean body mass and reaching very low bodyfat percentages. It's aimed at a totally different audience with far different goals and you should keep that in mind when reading academic articles on the subject.
    hey i always liked ur posts..rite to the point no BS....... what are ur degrees cetf.s? if u dont mind me asking....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Yes, this is very true, great point.

~SC~

swolecat, you're pretty cut right now aren't you? Can't imagine you losing 32lbs then if you are.
    Or do you gain a little fat when you bulk?

Thread Information