Squatman51 is offline Senior Member

Pro/carb--Pro/fat

Why have pro/carb meals and pro/fat meals.... why not just have pro/carb/fat meals for every meal?

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Come on man, mixing carbs and fats= SHITTY looking body. The carbs cause an insulin spike and basically store all the fats as fat instead of using them for energy.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Yea..the reason you want Protein/Fats or Protein/Carbs and not any other combo isnt too hard to understand

Carbs spike your insulin levels, when insulin is spiked, it carries whatever has been consumed to the appropriate places quicker and more efficiently. So eating carbs and fats will make you absorb a hell of a lot more fats. Eating protein/fats will allow the healthy and needed amount of fats to be ingested. ...See why Insulin and its levels in the body are important?

ohhh because i have been eating pro/carb/fat every meal except pwo and i have had great results. I was 228 today and still have veins bulging out my arms and shoulders. I will try pro/fat and pro/carb meals now and i will see if my results get even better. I am going to go by the Swolecat saying though. I want to get big but i still wanna see a formation of a pack.

and thanks for the info by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    ohhh because i have been eating pro/carb/fat every meal except pwo and i have had great results. I was 228 today and still have veins bulging out my arms and shoulders. I will try pro/fat and pro/carb meals now and i will see if my results get even better. I am going to go by the Swolecat saying though. I want to get big but i still wanna see a formation of a pack.
    You may be doing absolutely fine with eating that every meal. I can tell you it's not the best thing for you to do. If youre naturally lean, you might be able to get away with it..maybe not. It doesnt really matter, if you want to do a quality/clean bulk with minimum fat..then you need to change that. Obviously its all about what your goals are. ..If you're doing well with that type of meal..then i cant imagine what would happen if you did it the right way..haha so try it out man. post some pics or something i'd love to see your progress.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    so carb/ protien and protien/fats
    so now which one should be taken b4 training
    and the one after
    like which combenation???

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    ohhh because i have been eating pro/carb/fat every meal except pwo and i have had great results.
    Honestly, if you have been seeing great results, I wouldn't change anything until your results start to fade.

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    It depends what age you are...if your still young mixing will not matter. Its when you get older you have to worry,

Protein/Carbs before and after workouts
    Eat your meals like this..
    Meal 1: Protein Carbs
    Meal 2: Protein Fats
    Meal 3: Protein Carbs
    workout
    Meal 4: Protein Carbs...etc.

alternate each meal if you have the time/discipline.

alright thanks ill give it a shot.

ill try to eat every two hours now to keep my calories up... it will be a little harder to get those extra calories but ill see how it pays off

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    it's been postulated by some that during a pro/carb sitting, it's okay to have fat, but limit it to 10g or less (good fats), and during a pro/fat, limit carbs to 15g or less (mostly veggies in this case)...so if you've been following those guidelines, it may explain why you're getting good results...realistically though, before i came to this board, i never followed that protocol, and with the help of "clean" dieting, hard work, and "supplemental" assistance i made out just fine...but i think you'll be much happier with your results if you change things up this way...

AM

Thread Information