steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

P+F or P+C for breakfast

what do you guys take down for breakfast upon rising ??? right now im doing a egg whites and oatmeal but i have heard that takeing down a P+F meal is better like i.e- egg whites and Flax oil tan take down a shake and oats for second meal ?? any thoughts

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    protein+carb for breakfast. A MUST RULE

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    for me at least

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I do pro/fat on rest days and pro/carbs on workout days

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    I love p/c because I am absolutely starving in the am.

stec is offline Junior Member
    i do p+c+f because there is no point in seperating.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i beg to differ Stec there is a point in separation i would recomend doing some searches on this widely debated topic check out JhonBeardi.com great place

stec is offline Junior Member
    that is the worst place to go as he is the one who spread this seperation mantra... people achieved great physiques without seperating the two, if you can provide any valid data suggesting the consumption of the two at the same time would lead to any negative results id be all ears.

do you want to se studies clearly showing carbs lower leptin? Want to se studies that carbs shuts down lipolysis alot?

It can easily be found on pubmed.

There is ALOT of merit to separating carbs and fat. No Im not saying it cant be done any other way. GI controll is for sure a viable option.
    But separation is not pointless as you seem to think.

also consider insulin . Insuli is the most anabolic hormone. Both for fat and muscle tissue. Insulin greatly increases the risk of dietary fat getting stored. Now its no secret that carbs makes the body release insulin.

Now low GI carbs can have such a low insulin release that its not worth considering and then its cool to combine fat and carbs imo. but if separating one gets away from the issue totaly.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Actually carbs and Leptin have a positive correlation due to insulin . Hence the need for frequent refeeds when you are very lean. Leptin is not totally understood but it is known that insulin does have a positive effect on leptin. And lypolysis is quite overrated, because all you are doing is freeing FFA's intot he blood stream. They still have to oxidized, and that is not going to happen when you have just consumed fat in your pro/fat meal. Ingested fat often will be used as lond as it circulating.

giantz I know atleast fructose lowers leptin alot. Read a few studies on it a few weeks ago. But then again fructose acts differently then most carbs.

but you got to agree low insulin levels is a good thing to have when wanting to get rid of bodyfat?

Yes it does mainly because it is metabolized stricly in the liver. But people are often instructed to consume Hi Gi carbs on a refeed be cause of the whole leptin issue. If you want to do some great reading on Letpin they have a great 7 peice article over on avantlabs.

I would say steady insulin levels. Don't try to spike them. People can cosume a low GI carb liek Oatmeal fro breakfast and that is fine. Because after that you meals will stil most likely be pro/fat. I think at the end of the day it depends on the person. I fyouc an not tolertate carbs with out getting hunger pains etc... Then go only pro/fat....If you tend to go hypo then you may wanna add some carbs for breakfast and around you workout. The whole carbs thing I really do believe should be taylored to the indiviual.

sure hit me up with a link bro

I have a big ass book about nutrition I need to get started on also. Its a book belonging to a nutrition class on my uni but gonna read it on my own. I hope I will be able to take some nutrition classes in the evenings or next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I would say steady insulin levels. Don't try to spike them. People can cosume a low GI carb liek Oatmeal fro breakfast and that is fine. Because after that you meals will stil most likely be pro/fat. I think at the end of the day it depends on the person. I fyouc an not tolertate carbs with out getting hunger pains etc... Then go only pro/fat....If you tend to go hypo then you may wanna add some carbs for breakfast and around you workout. The whole carbs thing I really do believe should be taylored to the indiviual.
    This I agree with totaly

have you ever read anything btw how people with naturaly very low blood sugar should taylor there diet? I am like that. When I wake up my blood sugar can be as low as 4.0. One time I completely stuffed myself with candy and my blood sugar and half and hour after that my blood sugar was only like 5.2
    But even when I have very low blood sugar it doesnt seem to bother me, no hypo signs ect. I notice hypo if I get down to maby 3.7 or lower while other seems to notice when they get down to below 4.5

I picked up a great book called:

Advanced Nutrition and the Human Metabolism. Great read I highly suggest it. Anyways here the link to the Leptin articles:

http://www.avantlabs.com/main.php, go to the Online Articles section top right. BTW these guys make top nothc preducts as well.

got the author of the book? If its a book used for any kind of uni education I might have acess to it online through my uni online library. I have gazillions of health related book aviable online but been to lasy to dig through them

Thanks for the link.

got any info on Ghrelin? Im very interested in it since it increases GH alot but at the same time it shuts down lipolysis completely. It seems to have a huge impact on apetite control aswell.

Sareen S. Gropper, Jack L. Smith, James L. Groff, the most I have the 4th edition which is the most recent. I have seen very intesting things about Ghrelin and GH as well, seems like it could be a good Pro-GH supplement.

Have to pic up the book you mentioned. Have you ever heard of/read these two

abc of nutrition

or

introduction to nutrition and metabolism

No I haven't....I picked up the other book because I have a friend that is getting his masters in Nutrition and said that this was required reading for Nutrition students as well a Physiology students. Very good read, but very technical, I had to use the glossary alot as well as the internet to get definitions on certain things.

its quite fun to try and dechiper all the ord words in books like that

My head was spinning the first time I took a look at it!

icedudez is offline Member
    for some reason i struggle with my 1st couple of meals then after that i just punish them all with gr8 ease...

Thread Information