_Tiger_ is offline Member

bulking questins(yes i read the sticky)

first of all...
    is bulking the most effective way to get quality muscle? i know its probably the best to get the MOST Muscle the quickest, but how is the quality of the muscle?

2nd..why do pro builders still bulk up? say ronnie coleman..he's definitely big enough by now right? why do they still bulk every year? shouldnt it just be maintenance and cutting up?

3rd..where do you get most of your calories for a good clean bulk? I mean do i change my diet as...just eating more of what i usually eat? or are there good things to get low fat calories from

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    first of all...
    is bulking the most effective way to get quality muscle? i know its probably the best to get the MOST Muscle the quickest, but how is the quality of the muscle?
    Muscle is muscle. Im not sure what you mean with "quality" but a pound of muscle gained while mega bulking is exactly the same as a pound of muscle gained while lean bulking. Only difference beeing a mega bulking results in more pounds

2nd..why do pro builders still bulk up? say ronnie coleman..he's definitely big enough by now right? why do they still bulk every year? shouldnt it just be maintenance and cutting up?
    Well they want to get bigger and in Lee Priests case he just loves food If coleman hadnt gotten bigger since his first olympia Cutler would now been the king. So they need to add more and more to be competitive.

3rd..where do you get most of your calories for a good clean bulk? I mean do i change my diet as...just eating more of what i usually eat? or are there good things to get low fat calories from
    A good bulk diet imo would consist of a SHITLOAD of protein, 400-500 grams/Day. Decent ammounts of very low gi carbs(lentils, beans) and good ammounts of fat with as little as possible beeing saturated. If weight gain stalls then increase fat consumption. Dont consume medium(70-90) or high(90+) gi food along with fats. But fat along with super low gi(below 50)should be ok since those foods wont create much of a insulin spike.

good foods when bulking
    Chicken
    Ground beef
    Beans
    Lentils
    Any fish
    Decently lean cuts of pork/beef
    Brown rice(mainly ppwo since lentils and beans have a better gi for all other meals)

This all depends on your body. Some can handle lots of carbs, other turn fat while observing whole grain pasta.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    John Berardi has a good article on his website that gives the specs on a diet he calls "Massive Eating"...it entails pretty much everything we see/read here, it just gives you a kcal calculator and get's a little more specific...unless you're "ON", i wouldnt think, by your avatar, that you'd personally need 400-500g of pro...you need to figure out your daily caloric expenditure and go from there...give us your stats too

AM

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Johan and Alpha pretty much summed it up...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    yeah the 40-500g protein is only for people juicing. Not that it would hurt if your not but it might be overkill

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Muscle is muscle. Im not sure what you mean with "quality" but a pound of muscle gained while mega bulking is exactly the same as a pound of muscle gained while lean bulking. Only difference beeing a mega bulking results in more pounds

Well they want to get bigger and in Lee Priests case he just loves food If coleman hadnt gotten bigger since his first olympia Cutler would now been the king. So they need to add more and more to be competitive.

A good bulk diet imo would consist of a SHITLOAD of protein, 400-500 grams/Day. Decent ammounts of very low gi carbs(lentils, beans) and good ammounts of fat with as little as possible beeing saturated. If weight gain stalls then increase fat consumption. Dont consume medium(70-90) or high(90+) gi food along with fats. But fat along with super low gi(below 50)should be ok since those foods wont create much of a insulin spike.

good foods when bulking
    Chicken
    Ground beef
    Beans
    Lentils
    Any fish
    Decently lean cuts of pork/beef
    Brown rice(mainly ppwo since lentils and beans have a better gi for all other meals)

This all depends on your body. Some can handle lots of carbs, other turn fat while observing whole grain pasta.
    agreed..

Thread Information