AFGym7 is offline New Member

caloric intake question

what formula(s) should I use to calculate the total calories i should be taking in while cutting.. i know i need the 1.5-2 g of protein per lb of weight, and about 1 g of carbs per lb, but i dont know how much fat to take in... thanks in advance

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    personally, i'd keep fat at ~30%, and depending on whether or not you're "ON", your protein doesnt necessarily have to be that high, maybe 40%, and the rest carb...figure your DCE (daily caloric expenditure), including any cardio and your workout, then go with a defecit of 500kcal/day max...

how do you usually figure out your DCE with the workout, it seems kinda trivial to estimate calories used during a weights session...

Quote Originally Posted by AFGym7
    how do you usually figure out your DCE with the workout, it seems kinda trivial to estimate calories used during a weights session...
    trivial? why is that? dood, you burn calories just sitting around all day, or whatever it is you do...not an intelligent comment...

here:
    1) multiply your bodyweight by 11 (RCE)
    2) take your daily activity level, sedentary 15%, lightly active 35%, moderately active 45%, very active 75%...then multiply your RCE by this percentage, and you have your DA expenditure
    3) now for your WCE workout caloric expenditure, circuit training .053, low (60%) IRM, 10reps/set .048, moderate (70%) IRM, 10reps/set .055, high (75%) IRM, 8reps/set, intense (80%) IRM, 5reps/set...multiply by bodyweight and workout time in minutes...
    4) add all three of the above to get your DCE (daily caloric expenditure

as you can see, it will be different on days you dont train, dont do cardio, etc...so you can adjust accordingly...the book i drew this info from suggests a 100kcal defecit from your DCE to start, see how it works, then you can go lower to suit your needs/goals...

AM

right, maybe i worded my question wrong.. i understand we burn calories all day long; i just didnt know the calculations for figuring out just how many calories are burned during a workout because everyone works out at diff levels and for different times, etc.. but i see the stuff you provided and i can figure it out now! thanks bro

yeah, it's kinda nit-picky but some bros like that sorta thing...good luck dood, and like i said, you'll probably end up tweaking it quite a bit, and if possibly, reassess every couple weeks based on progress...peace

AM

InTraining is offline Junior Member
    try this site mate, someone else told us about it on here and im finding it very helpfull, has every food you can think of on it.

Thread Information