LUKA is offline Junior Member

1.5g pro per 1lb

Ok so If I need 1.5-2.0 g of protein per pound of my body weight in cutting diet and my weight is 231LBs that means 346 - 462g of protein a day. How the hell am I gonna get that from 6 meals a day if my body "can absorb only 45g of protein per meal ". Can I have a meal every 2 hrs than ? Or I gotta eat more than 45g of protein per meal ? Any ideas ?
    Thanks

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    eat every2.5 hours...yeah you can add more than 45grams...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    how much the body an absorb is just bullshit and more bullshit. Not to mention we dont realy care about it. A tiny miniscule ammount of the protein you eat will acctualy become muscle tissue so its not the main point. A big protein intake is belived to trigger a growth response. How and why I dont know but it seems to work for most bodybuilders.

Not to mention its better(from a fat loss/lean gains)perspective to consume calories from protein since it has a bigger thermic effect then carbs and fats. 1 gram of protein after digested only gives a net gain of 3kcal or so. 25% of the energy contained in protein is used to free the rest of the energy.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You need 1.5 to 2g of protein per pound of LBM....So your LBM is not 231 lbs....The actual amount of protein needed is more than a guideline than a rule.....Shoot for 300g per day which is 50g per 6 meals. That not bad at all, incorporate a whey shake here and there and its not as hard as you think.

LUKA is offline Junior Member
    Great responses ... just what I needed to hear
    Thanks a lot

Thread Information