Safety-1 is offline Junior Member

Completely Stuck

Alright guys, I definitely need some good help with this diet.
    Stats: 6'2'' 200 lbs. around 8-9% bf,(fairly lean, good six pack etc...)
    Current Cycle: pyramiding Sust wk1-3 500mg, wk4-7 750mg, wk8-10 500mg.
    I am at the beginning of wk 3 of my cycle and here is my diet.

5:30 a.m oatmeal and glass of skim 96g carb, 31g protein, 6g fat

8:30-10 a.m(slowly snack) dry whole wheat cereal 26g carb, 6g p, 1g fat

10:30 a.m protein shake 44g protein, 4g carb, 2g fat

12:00 a.m turkey sandwhich 28 g carb, 30g protein, 5g fat

2:30 p.m protein shake 44g protein, 4g carb, 2g fat

5:30 p.m mrp bar 38g carb, 21g protein, 6g fat(carbs all from oats)

5:45-6:15 cardio jog for 30 minutes, usually ends up being between 4 and 5 miles

6:30-8:30 gym

8:45 protein shake(skim milk) 57g protein, 15g carb, 2g fat

9:30 2 chicken breasts 42g protein, 1g fat

daily total 275g protein 211g carbs 25g fat (2194 calories)

I need some help tweaking this. Im not sure if I am getting enough to grow or not. I most definitely do not want to put on any more body fat. I actually would like to drop my body fat percentage a point or two by the end of my cycle. Im taking proviron and nolvadex daily so Im having no water bloat. My workout has to stay where it is because of my work schedule and the meals 2-6 have to be eaten at work. I gain muscle fairly easily, but seem to be pretty sensitive to carbs and if I dont work fairly hard I will lose my six pack. Please help from someone who is very knowlegable with diets!!! I have been plateaued for quite some time and feel that its a nutrient timing problem but am not smart enough to break this diet down further and see its flaws.

p.s. I am dedicated to gaining more muscle mass as well. My goal is to just gain as much lean solid muscle mass as possible on this cycle

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Check the how to cut sample diet atop the page for a good general guide to get you started. You have many an area in which to improve.

~SC~

I'd also choose to either bulk or cut, and focus on one at a time for the best progress in each area.

~SC~

Thats the problem swole, Im not looking to just bulk or cut either one. Ive been training for a long time and Im not interested in just packing on slabs of muscle filled with water and fat. And Im also not interested in just cutting so hard that I lose my muscle mass because I cant support it with nutrients. And I completely disagree with the logic that one cannot have a smart diet and make consistent improvements without so called yo yo dieting and bulking up and trimming down year after year

Okay.

~SC~

Swole, not meaning to argue with your suggestions. Obviously you have been very successful doing what you do. Just looking for some help with tuning something to my personal goals. Any help or is that it?

It's not that I don't want to help, believe me, but I am actually on my way out the door to hit the Boardwalk today. Your food choices could use major improvement no matter what your goals are, that's a given. So, I'd begin there.

Back later!

~SC~

Anybody else have any pointers on my food??

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    instead of having 3 shakes replace one with an actual meal. prob the one before ur workout. i would never be able to go to the gym at 630 when the last real meal i ate was at 12.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety-1
    Anybody else have any pointers on my food??
    Id replace the cereal for rice chex...
    turkey sandwich for kfc chicken strips...filled to the brim with protein..bwhahahaha...still makes me laugh...
    jk...
    general guidlines: skip the milk , cereal , sandwich ,MRP bar dont eat protein alone , make sure u eat protein at every meal , add more fiber , veggies...etc....flip thru the previous thread in the diet section...and look at critiquied diets...

seperate ur weight training , cardio ,

"general guidlines: skip the milk , cereal , sandwich ,MRP bar dont eat protein alone , make sure u eat protein at every meal , add more fiber , veggies...etc....flip thru the previous thread in the diet section...and look at critiquied diets.."

I understand the milk, and to an extent the cereal. Although it is a whole grain oat cereal(tastes like shit but keeps me from getting hungry). But what is wrong with the sandwhich and mrp bar?

"general guidlines: skip the milk , cereal , sandwich ,MRP bar dont eat protein alone , make sure u eat protein at every meal , add more fiber , veggies...etc....flip thru the previous thread in the diet section...and look at critiquied diets.."

I understand the milk, and to an extent the cereal. Although it is a whole grain oat cereal(tastes like shit but keeps me from getting hungry). But what is wrong with the sandwhich and mrp bar?
    Bread is evil....cereal is evil....mrp bars are evil...they might taste good but so does a woman with herpes......

right......

Id love to seperate the cardio and weights. Normally I run early in the morning, but currently I am driving over an hour to work and have to get up at 5 as it is and I just cant make myself run at 4 in the morning. Ive tried. So for now it just has to be that way. And as far as bread, cereal, and mrp bars being evil. Well I guess Im going to need a better reason than that. The bread is stoneground 100% whole wheat(european style), the cereal is 100% plain oat, and the mrp derives it's nutrients from only oatmeal, whey isolate, and fatty acids. I would get away from the mrp if feasable, but with a crazy schedule its something I need to get in the meal. And either way the nutritional value of the bar is superb. Im not a professional, but I read and research everything I possibly can. And I refuse to just lump all bread, cereal, and mrp bars in the "evil" category. Seriously though, Im open to many more suggestions. I need help obviously, just scientifically based help thats all. Not opinions that were read in some other post and then copy and pasted

Not opinions that were read in some other post and then copy and pasted

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Bread is evil....cereal is evil....mrp bars are evil...they might taste good but so does a woman with herpes......

sorry to hear you have mouthal/genital herpes.....

which means that JS now has mouthal/genital herpes .... and ass herpes!!!

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    raise protein,lower carbs a little, but replace them where they count the most (morning PWO PPWO). cereal and milk? ...we dont do that kinda stuff here. seriously, get 2+gprotein/lb, have protein with either EFA, or low GI carb in each meal. its not that hard!! the steroids will help you gain so i wouldnt worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    sorry to hear you have mouthal/genital herpes.....

which means that JS now has mouthal/genital herpes .... and ass herpes!!!
    Actually i was talking bout you.....
    J/K

I'll try to up the protein then, and cut a few carbs in the morning and add them after my workout

You think the level of carbs I am eating now though is sufficient for growth?

I need help obviously, just scientifically based help thats all. Not opinions that were read in some other post and then copy and pasted
    Wow, you've got a lot of nerve brutha.

I wonder who is going to desire to help you now.

You go about seeking assistance in a very incorrect/inappropriate manner.

I know I'm done here.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Wow, you've got a lot of nerve brutha.

I wonder who is going to desire to help you now.

You go about seeking assistance in a very incorrect/inappropriate manner.

I know I'm done here.

~SC~
    Incorrect/inappropriate??? Not sure what you mean. Someone asks a legit question on this board and about half of the replys are people just talking. Not someone actually trying to help. I mean, milk, cereal, mrp bars being evil??? Why kind of help is that?? Im being respectful, Im asking good questions. Just looking for some serious answers and suggestions. Not just a generic. I mean it's rediculous to think that all cereal is evil, and there isnt a single mrp bar out there that isnt good. And milk??? Honestly, I understand some reservations but its an important part of a diet. So I guess Im just at a mis-understanding as to what was inappropriate about asking for serious answers that help me understand the science behind why my diet is flawed. Not trying to disrespect anyone at all.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Iron Freak is right for the most part, not sure what you don't understand about that....Cereal isn't a good carb, milk really isn't either and not many MPR's are at all....There most likely is an exception to the rule but for the most part they are bad....you don't want to seem to listen to anyone, combining running before weight is a terrible idea as well as only 15g of cabrs Post Work Out. Swole pointed out the stickies and he's right they should answer all your questiong, look at the Bulking sticky because you are trying to do a lean bulk, its not that hard but people around here expect you to do some of your own work rather than have it handed to you....So why don't you take some peoples advice chage your diet and repost. Can't tell you if anyone will help you but you should be able to help yourself there's mmore thna enough info in here and on the web.

Alright guys. I am sorry if anyone felt I was shunning their advice or being dis-respectful. I'll do some more work and research and post again. And hopefully I'll still get responses. Iron bro, sorry for disrespect. Swole, thanks for help man. I'm just frustrated as diet is much harder for me than the rest. I had no intentions to be rude or take that out on anyone else. I truely do appreciate the help.

Thread Information