JdFlex is offline Senior Member

question about multi-grain pasta???

I'm trying to decide what kind of pasta to eat for my upcoming bulking cycle. I was originally gonna go with wheat pasta, b/c it is less refined than white pasta. But how about multi-grain pasta? Would that be a better choice than white pasta? Just as good as wheat?

Something tells me the wheat pasta isn't gonna taste that good. And then I won't be able to eat it for more than a week or two. The multi-grain pasta sounds pretty good. Looks good in the package too.

Safety-1 is offline Junior Member
    I personally love wheat pasta man. I know its brown and looks like it wont taste good but it actually does. Make some of it in a recipe that you would normally use white pasta in and I promise you wont hardly be able to tell the difference.

I've heard that it tastes pretty good. But you're right, it doesn't look too good in the package. I guess I will just try it. I'm used to stomaching things that don't taste good. It can't be that bad. If its no good I'll go buy the multi-grain.

Veretta21 is offline Junior Member
    Barilla has a pasta that has omega 3, & 6's in it, plus 10 grams of protein per serving, it is by far the best pasta I have ever had---outside of a restaurant

Is it a wheat or a multi? I'll have to look for it, they have it at walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    Barilla has a pasta that has omega 3, & 6's in it, plus 10 grams of protein per serving, it is by far the best pasta I have ever had---outside of a restaurant
    That's the stuff I'm talking about. It says multi-grain pasta enriched with ala & omega 3s. Its Barilla. 10g protein, 38g carbs and 1g fat per serving.

hmmm....I'll have to check that out. As far as it being better or worse. Im sorry I dont know the answer to that. As far as quality of carbs is concerned. I just know for a fact that wheat is good, and also know that it tastes good. Hopefully someone that knows the carb structure of the multi-grain will post and give you some help. Im interested to know my self.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    That Barilla PLus pasta sounds like a pretty good deal...Packed with protein, omega's, and fiber. This seems like it could very easily be used on a cutting diet as well.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are bulking, shit, eat regular white pasta. As long as you don't mix too much fat w/these meals and don't go overboard on the amount of carbs you can utilize at once and over the course of the day, it's not going to make a marked difference at all.

~SC~

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    I would think the fatty acides get utterly destroied when cooking the pasta. They are extremely heat sensitive. Dont waste money on scam products enrichened that way.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Weird that I prefer the taste of whole wheat pasta to regular, I havent had pasta in such a long time....ugh

one davantage to the wheat/whole grain pasta is that fibers lowers cholesterol so for that reason alone I would pic it over regular pasta even if the difference in fat gain isnt that big.

I have been eating the Barilla pasta for the last couple months---once or more a week with some chicken thrown in there and still can't get enough of it--the stuff tastes so good---weird thing is with this pasta is that it fills you up quickly and then in like an hour after I eat it I get starving again---you guys should definitely try it--I want to know if I'm the only one who likes it this much

also I throw some red and green peppers in there with crushed red pepper---stuff tastes so damn good

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    Is multi-grain pasta and or wheat pasta a comparable carb source as say; brown rice, whole oats, sweet potatos/yams?

This question would be pertaining to a cutting diet and eventually a clean bulking diet.

Does all of this boil down to where it sits on the Glycemic Index? Or is there something I am missing? hehe

Sorry if this throws it off topic. It touches on the same subject so I figured I wouldnt make a new thread.

I think it is---my body responds the same way as if I was eating brown rice or yams

the gi is about the same and I think fiber content is the same. But the pasta probably doesnt have the zink and other minerals that is in brown rice.

Thread Information