bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Why doesn't the water in tea/coffee/soda count?

Why doiesn't the water you consume in the form of tea, diet drinks or coffee, count towards your daily intake of water?

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I agree, things like crystal light and coffee are 95% water if not more. I mean coffee is water that runs over the grounds and extracts the flavor nothing more.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    is it not cos with the caffeine in things like coffee it dehydrateds u?? not 10% but sure i heard that on here b4.

bump 4 more though

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    alot of people say coffee dehydrates but i read a study in physcology 2day (i think)
    it said that it hyrdrates like any other beverage....

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    alot of people say coffee dehydrates but i read a study in physcology 2day (i think)
    it said that it hyrdrates like any other beverage....
    Coffee is a diuretic, and coffee and tea will dehydrate you if you drink too much. Why do you think you pee like crazy after drinking coffee or tea? You lose all this water then get bloated while your body is trying to hold on to water. Hmm...Maybe I should stop drinking that pot of coffee every morning

Jerzey is offline Member
    I know quite a few people who used crystal light while "dieting down" for shows.. there aren't many calories and it's not a diuretic, I drink it all the time. I have no problem drinking water at the gym, but at work I don't drink enough, gets boring . Crystal light helps me drink more throughout the day at work

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Coffee is a diuretic, and coffee and tea will dehydrate you if you drink too much. Why do you think you pee like crazy after drinking coffee or tea? You lose all this water then get bloated while your body is trying to hold on to water. Hmm...Maybe I should stop drinking that pot of coffee every morning
    Diuretic or not...Coffee is gr8 for you.....so Drink up and drink even more water...Bout 2 G for me...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    its just a precation since a dehydrating fluid doesnt hydrate as well obviously. But I wonder if the water loss from a cup of coffe is greater then the total ammount of fluid in the cup.

fluid from other sources(milk, lemonade ect)does count.

eyernvxxn is offline Female Member
    What about caffeine free diet soda?

it should be cool to use. one thing though with sodas ect is that they contain stuff that can effect mineral and vitamin balance negativly. All cola products for example are very rich in phosphor and that ****s up the kalcium balance and can lead to osteperosis(sp) even if having lots of kalcium aviable.

eyernvxxn is offline Female Member
    I did not know that...

I think this means I'm going to have to start limiting my soda intake, which is outrageous

havign soda everynow and then shouldnt be a concern if you make sure to eat veggies/fruits and multivit/mineral. But dont drink it in gallons

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    coffee isnt a diuretic really, caffeine is, so decaffinated coffee sounds fine

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of death
    coffee isnt a diuretic really, caffeine is, so decaffinated coffee sounds fine
    You're right, should have been more specific, same thing with theophylline in tea so decafeinated versions are fine.But in moderation regular coffee is fine some say its actually good for you (without cream and sugar of course), and one or 2 cups is not going to dehydrate you. A pot of coffee or drinking regularly throughout the day is a different story.

About the diet soda comment....try cutting it out for a month or so and you will feel so different. Even thought there is no sugar in it, all the sodium and carbonation makes you retain a ton of water. If you drink it regularly you dont notice it but when you cut it out, you feel so much better. I use to drink like 2 litre a day....f'n gross, now I cant drink it at all.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    You're right, should have been more specific, same thing with theophylline in tea so decafeinated versions are fine.But in moderation regular coffee is fine some say its actually good for you (without cream and sugar of course), and one or 2 cups is not going to dehydrate you. A pot of coffee or drinking regularly throughout the day is a different story.

About the diet soda comment....try cutting it out for a month or so and you will feel so different. Even thought there is no sugar in it, all the sodium and carbonation makes you retain a ton of water. If you drink it regularly you dont notice it but when you cut it out, you feel so much better. I use to drink like 2 litre a day....f'n gross, now I cant drink it at all.
    So cream in sugar in ur coffee arent good for you?? dont they give u energy and calcium... JK

on a serious note...Coffee is good for you...lots of benefits...from fat loss to energy...antioxidants....etc...if u like reading ill hook ya up with some links..

bout the diet soda..i cut it out like 2 months ago...i used to feel a bit dizzy after i drank some..(some being a liter or 2..).....

-Diet soda affects protein absorbption..
    -decaff coffee is shit..unless it says naturally decaff..ed..cuz if it doesnt..they use the same chemical that they use to strip the paint off the wall...
    -dont do crack
    l8r
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 07-19-2005 at 04:25 AM.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Decaffeinated coffee is the tool of the devil. They use wicked amounts of chemicals to remove the caffeine...not worth it!!

IMHO a few cups of coffee won't hurt you.

ironfreak hit me with the stuff about caffe beeing a antioxidant ect

Thread Information