DerDon is offline Junior Member

Help with diet please..

K this is my usual daily meal plan. (im 5'11 178lbs 17%BF )
    Workout early mornin on empty stomach...
    PWO - 3 egg whites with about 1/2 cup of reg. oatmeal
    2-3 hours later is a protein shake with glutamine
    lunch- boiled chicken with veggi
    snack - yogurt or watermelon with some almonds
    dinner - lean meat/chicken/ or fish with veggies

How does this sound to you guys? What im trying to do is get my flabby self into shape somehow. Im concentrating right now on lossing weight/lowerin bf% (17% right now) and trying to gain some muscle at the sametime. I've been debating on taking creatine with my protein shake but am nervous about it. I dont want to get any fatter that I already am. Should I be having my shake right after workout and save the eggs for a little bit later?

Ok i just read the how to cut sticky, and im thinking i should have the protein shake right after workout then have the eggs for my next meal. Also some glutamine before workout, and a little mixed in with my protein shak for afterwards. This sound good?

Also is there something I can take to help me lose the fat? I been reading some about clenbuterol or sibutramine. Any suggestions? Ill keep on searchin around for more info . Thanks again fellas.
    Last edited by DerDon; 07-16-2005 at 06:27 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You will want to lay out your proposed plans of attack (all meals for days you train and don't train) for critique by the members here. There is a sticky atop the page on what you should present to the board for critique.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-16-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Thats pretty much the way i eat the days i train and the days i dont. Is that pretty bad? I was thinking that would be okay since im just trying to lose about 8% of bf. I pretty much want to do what this dude did, in fact my sorry ass body looks like his before pic.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=170029

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No, it's not okay, you are missing quite a few key concepts in many areas.

I'd re-read the cutting sticky and apply the principles contained therein.

~SC~

You mind me givin me a few pointers? I realize its not right but thats why i posted it here, so i can have someone (such as yourself) help me out with it. Kind of give me the 411 on why its not okay as a plan of attack. Thanks swolecat for looking.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    First off, like said above go back to the cutting stickie and lay out a plan of attack based on it such as what times you will be eating your meals, what time your workout/cardio will be etc... Its all in the cutting stickie.....

One of the worst things i see so far is that you have your workout on an empty stomach, i truly hope you mean cardio instead of workout (weight training)?

You should do cardio upon waking for 45m-1hr at target HR, maybe take some glutamine before hand and an ECA stack.

Then you should have your first meal of the day about 45 minutes after cardio is finished and place your meals 2.5-3hrs apart depending on you personally.

You should wait at least 6 hours before doing any weight training which is roughly 3 meals. Aerobic and Anaerobic activity should always be seperate for maximum results.

PWO should be something like 40g Protein/80g Dextrose but of course the amounts vary from person to person based on their needs just keep it 2:1 ratio.

Just like the cutting stickie it should be

8am Meal 1

10:30 Meal 2

and so on, and your main source of carbs should come from PWO & PPWO although some people prefer a pro/carb meal after cardio while some prefer a pro/fat.

And do not forget the importance of EFA's in your diet, many people neglect to incorporate them into their dietary approach.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 07-17-2005 at 02:59 PM.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    First off, like said above go back to the cutting stickie and lay out a plan of attack based on it such as what times you will be eating your meals, what time your workout/cardio will be etc... Its all in the cutting stickie.....

One of the worst things i see so far is that you have your workout on an empty stomach, i truly hope you mean cardio instead of workout (weight training)?

You should do cardio upon waking for 45m-1hr at target HR, maybe take some glutamine before hand and an ECA stack.

Then you should have your first meal of the day about 45 minutes after cardio is finished and place your meals 2.5-3hrs apart depending on you personally.

You should wait at least 6 hours before doing any weight training which is roughly 3 meals. Aerobic and Anaerobic activity should always be seperate for maximum results.

PWO should be something like 40g Protein/80g Dextrose but of course the amounts vary from person to person based on their needs just keep it 2:1 ratio.

Just like the cutting stickie it should be

8am Meal 1

10:30 Meal 2

and so on, and your main source of carbs should come from PWO & PPWO although some people prefer a pro/carb meal after cardio while some prefer a pro/fat.

And do not forget the importance of EFA's in your diet, many people neglect to incorporate them into their dietary approach.
    I agree. Lifting on an empty stomach is not advised. You have neglected a lot of important things in your diet. Def. check out those stickies.

-SHRED

Thanks guys. That totally put a different perspective on things. I was lead to believe that cardio and workout are done at the sametime. I normally would run for about 10mins to warm up, then lift for about and hr, then run again for about 1/2hr. After that i would go home and have my protein shake as my breakfast. Than something like cereal later on w/ some fruit(probably about 2 and 1/2 hrs later). Wow, so they should be kept seperate. Thanks for the info muriloninja. Greatly appreciated bro. Actually i like the fact of seperating my cardio from lifting. I hate getting back on the treadmill after a workout session.

Alan25r is offline New Member
    Hello everybody. Nice to be here.

Interesting stuff you got here. Besides physical exercise, nutrition is very important for me and I got pretty tired to constantly reading dozens of diet articles. Do you know any good online diet planning services? They should customize the plan for every one of their customers and not just send you an already made one.

Thread Information