dr.shred is offline Senior Member

cheating on off day

I hear a lot of people on here say that they cheat on their day off from training, however, wouldn't it be more logical to cheat on a day that you were training to compensate for the increase in calories? Personally I like cheating on my day off too, but I would think it would make more sense to do on a day where you are training.

-SHRED

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    I always cheat on training days... as much as I need to cheat, I still have that little voice in my head telling me

ya i hear that bro.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    In all reality it doesn't matter too much in the big scheme of things. Many feel better cheating after doing something like legs, as it's a taxing workout. However, some cheat the day AFTER a big bodypart when calories are being used for repair from the workout done the previous day. Whatever makes you the most comfortable and stress the least, as that will keep cortisol at bay.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    In all reality it doesn't matter too much in the big scheme of things. Many feel better cheating after doing something like legs, as it's a taxing workout. However, some cheat the day AFTER a big bodypart when calories are being used for repair from the workout done the previous day. Whatever makes you the most comfortable and stress the least, as that will keep cortisol at bay.

~SC~
    good point, i never thought about trying to keep cortisol to a minimum.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You'd be amazed at how much stressing and worrying can raise cortisol. I myself am guilty of worrying about silly things (not to say your question is silly, I'm just saying that I worry at times about senseless stuff) and the more you can eliminate that, the happier you are and the better your progress.

~SC~

i agree totally.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I like to have a cheat meal on Saturday in place of my PPWO meal, it has worked wonders for me in that i don't over indulge myself like i would if i had not "accomplished" anything that day as to say cheating on an off day.

For now though i am have my cheat on an off day...but my weight is no longer an issue, just going by the mirror for now.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I always have my cheat meal PPWO, unless it contains a lot of fat, then I have it a couple of hours b4 the gm, I feel less guilty that way!

I never cheat on my off days since I try to keep my off day low-non carbs

Thread Information