devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member

OK what the hell do I do now?

I've been trying to cut up in the last 2 months. I've dropped almost 20 pounds but it seems it was all muscle! My arms aren't as big, and my chest sure as hell has suffered. I also haven't seen many cuts, just the same as when I was heavier. I need some help bros, don't want to lose all the muscle I worked so hard for!

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    How'd you go about doing it(cutting)?

Well first I cut back on carbs and fat. I was eatin' like 100-150g of carbs a day and as little fat as possible. Then I bumped my protein up to 210-250g a day. I'm taking an ECA stack and did cardio like 3 to 4 times a week for 20-30 mins. I'm still training intense but all my strength is gone along with my upper body mass. I just need a little advice, for right now I'm gonna bump everything back up and see if I can gain back some muscle then start all over again. But I doubt I can put on the muscle without adding fat which is what I didn't want to do.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Hrm you sure your following that diet strict? Seems your doing everything right.

The ECA should even give you energy for the wieght room.

Try eating a salad for the fiber also when on the low carb diets (don't worry the veggies take more to digest than the put in ya).

Could try bumping up the carbs, but also bump up the cardo along with it.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Okay my friend, here is what could be happening.. you could be using some of the protein as energy, if you are training really hard. It happened to me, that is why I say that. If you are trying to shread, your body still needs carbs. Try upping them alittle, remember, it is okay to eat carbs as long as it isn't to late in the night, depending on the time you work out, too, it is okay to eat a few carbs, cause if you train hard, they will burn off as energy. My advice is to keep doing what you are doing, and as diesel says, "carb load" a couple of days, or start taking a few carbs in right before your workout, and even a few (not many) after your workout. Eat alot of protein after your workouts too to help give your muscles what they need.
    Up your carbs just alittle, and I think you will see good results..

I currently weigh 180lbs and am 6'0". But that's the problem, only two months ago I was weighin' like 210! I did something screwy cause there's no way in hell I should have dropped weight that fast. Yeah I was following my diet pretty strict, I didn't eat carbs after 4 pm (I work out around 12:30 in the afternoon) it's not like I didn't have any energy, it's just my strength was the shits. I am thinking of keeping my workout and cardio the same but upping carbs to at least 200 grams a day. Protein is not a problem I always eat tons, and I do eat lots of green veggies and salads. What do you guys think? I appreciate all your help. Peace.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I had a very similar experience. When I cut back on my fat intake too much, my muscle melted way very fast. It was very scary. I have always done low carb, and been abvle to retain muscle, but when I lowered the fat intake, I dropped 15 lbs in just over a week, something I can't afford to do, because I am pretty lean in the first place.

If you go with low carb try to keep some intake of fat. Not sure what the right percentages are so you should work that out on your own in the interest of science.

Thread Information