Thread: Carbs N' FAT

_Tiger_ is offline Member

Carbs N' FAT

is it bad to eat carbs w/out protein ? like eating a granola bar w/out any protein...or something, or is it just badd when you eat fat with carbs

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    what is the granola bar for? A snack or something?

carbs and fats in the same meal= no no

elevated insulin levels from the carbs and taking in fat at the same time...errrrr..no
    abstrack@protonmail.com

lol ok..soo a helping of carbs and nothing else is fine?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    depends on what you mean. what kind of helping and what are you doing for the meal?

is it just a snack?

or are you asking can you have just a carb meal?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

say i'm hungry in between meals, can i have a granola bar for a snack w/out any protein? i mean is spiking my insulin going to do any damage when it doesnt include protein or what? you know what i mean? what is eating carbs alone going to do to me, bad? good? nothing?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    say i'm hungry in between meals, can i have a granola bar for a snack w/out any protein? i mean is spiking my insulin going to do any damage when it doesnt include protein or what? you know what i mean? what is eating carbs alone going to do to me, bad? good? nothing?
    It depends what you are doing, if your not up to much just sitting about you may not use the carbs, for energy thus, they will store as fat. at least if you have some protein in there to it will contribute to the meal making it more nutritious..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Try making your meals more satisfying so there is no need to eat a granola bar in between meals.

~SC~

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew

well an insulin spike is supposed to shuttle the nutrients into the cell from what I understand, so if you workout with weights the dextrose is used to spike insulin and shuttle the glucose and protein from in the shake right to your cells.

if you spike your insulin and have fats then it will shuttle that, same with protein and same with protein carbs...lower gi foods dont do that as much as high gi foods like glucose/dextrose.

so, depending on lifting days or non lifting days meals are there and placed for specific reasons at specific times

to answer your question flat out no protein in the snack of a oatmeal bar isnt going to go anything bad per say, its obviously not going to provide protein that is not there and fat that is not there to the cells. It will just spike your insulin dependent on the gi and burn off for a certain period of time, depending on the gi

correct me if I am wrong Im still researching dieting.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    The main problem I see is that most granola bars have plenty of sugars, this will spike your insulin and when the insulin comes crashing down you gonna be tired, lethargic and hungry. A much better snack would be beef jerky, almonds etc... If you need something in between meals look into making your own oatmeal bars, with some egg whites etc... That way it'll be a carb/pro snack. If you are cutting and hunger is really an issue with you you may wanna try out some Hoodia, good appetite suppressant.

Thread Information