SexyKitty is offline Female Vet

I ALWAYS feel hungry on new diet - is this Normal??

So I started my cutting diet on Monday, I'm eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and each meal is roughly 250-275 calories give or take. I'm finding though that about an hour after a meal I am starving again! For example I ate today around 1:30, it's 3:00 now and my stomach is growling. All I can think about is my next meal!

I'm wondering if it's just my body adapting to smaller more frequent meals (it has only been 4 days afterall) or can I expect to be hungry for the rest of the time I am dieting?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    How were you eating previous to your diet?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    How were you eating previous to your diet?
    Pretty poorly from a frequency and meal size perspective. Even if my meals were clean, i would eat one big meal and then not eat for hours and hours, sometimes go the whole day without eating until I was hypoglycemic.
    I didnt do this on purpose of course, I just wasnt being disciplined to eat within a good time period.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    well, if it means anything to ya, I happen to eat roughly every hour or two when at work....

I really should be eating pro fat or pro carb or pro fat veggie etc meals but I usually eat a little here and there like some salmon .. then one hour later a bannana etc

I am going to eat them together but yes i am hungry more often since eat more ofter smaller meals as opposed to one stomach stretching huge whoppin meal

just keep it and drink more water to fill yourself up more and cleanse

I'm thinking just give it another week and see if you get used to it, up the water intake....If that still leaves you real hungry then you may wanna try something like Leptigen or Hoodia to supress the appitite.

TEXAS is offline Junior Member
    you may post your diet , I feel you are not taking enough fat !

and for dieting, I guess cold water is ideal !!

beaing hungry after 1& half hours, may be it is due to some intensive workout.

or maybe you are not taking the right food !!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    i tell you one thing. When Im cutting Im ALWAYS hungry. I have tweaked around with the macros ect. Tried to raise kcal. But for me the only way for me not to be hungry is when I am bulking. Diet=constant hunger for me. Just because I love food so much.

Eating shitloads of veggies tend to help though.

I find also that I get hungry simply because I know that I cant have anything. If Im not cutting and like studiying I can sometimes forget to eat for hours and not be hungry at all. But when cutting I know damn well Im not allowed to eat what I want and that makes me hungry.

Same on cheat days. Im not at all as hungry on cheat days as other days. Because then I know I can eat. I hate my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    i tell you one thing. When Im cutting Im ALWAYS hungry. I have tweaked around with the macros ect. Tried to raise kcal. But for me the only way for me not to be hungry is when I am bulking. Diet=constant hunger for me. Just because I love food so much.

Eating shitloads of veggies tend to help though.
    Hmm..I guess thats it then. I'm going to up my water and veggie intake to see if that helps. But yeah, I love food too, a little too much and when I'm dieting like this i seem to think about it CONSTANTLY. Hopefullly I will eventually just get use to it.

If not I have heard grea things about Hoodia being a great appitite suppressent. As well as ECA.

some people, especialy those that has been obese has a screwed upp apetite control. I know I belong to that group and so does a friend of mine. If we allow ourself to eat as much as we want to satisfy hunger we ballon up.

I hope you dont share this trait kitty lol its hell.

I read(dont know the merit to this)a nutritionist write in a swedish mag that a easy test to se if you have a normal apetite control is to eat nuts. According to him the body will quickly lower hunger when eating nuts and just a handfull of them should satisfy you if you have normal apetite regulation. If you dont have normal apetite regulation then you need to stuff to feel satisfied.

Fiber and fat would make nuts very filling! Great snack!

not to me Im wierd like that. I need to eat like 300 grams of nuts at least to be fully satisfied. Thats like 0.7ibs. thats why I tend to stay away from nuts when cutting because if I start to eat them I just cant stop until the bag is empty. I can easily eat half a kilo of peanuts if I have it infront of me.

Thats why cutting is so hard for me sometimes. I need to separate myself from EVERYTHING tasty. I just cant take one bite out of something good. If I start to eat then Im done for.

some people, especialy those that has been obese has a screwed upp apetite control. I know I belong to that group and so does a friend of mine. If we allow ourself to eat as much as we want to satisfy hunger we ballon up.

I hope you dont share this trait kitty lol its hell.

I read(dont know the merit to this)a nutritionist write in a swedish mag that a easy test to se if you have a normal apetite control is to eat nuts. According to him the body will quickly lower hunger when eating nuts and just a handfull of them should satisfy you if you have normal apetite regulation. If you dont have normal apetite regulation then you need to stuff to feel satisfied.
    Unfortunately I think I might fit into that category. I use to just eat and eat until I was full, or sometimes even beyond being full just cause the food tastes good. I also eat according to my emotions which is one of the worsts things ever. I'll try eating some almonds next time I'm hungry to see what happens.

And yes, it's hell. I know that if I want to keep my weight down it will be a life long struggle. Thats fine, I'm prepared to do what i have to to do, I rather be thin and hungry than fat and full.

ECA is not an option for me. I abused ephidrine when I was younger. Took it for 5 years straight, no breaks, very high dose. Blood pressure went through the roof and may have fukked with my metabolism a bit. I dont want to go down that road again so I'm going to avoid it all together. I could take Meridia, it triggers the brain's sateity signal before you would normally be full but theres some pretty bad sides associated with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Unfortunately I think I might fit into that category. I use to just eat and eat until I was full, or sometimes even beyond being full just cause the food tastes good. I also eat according to my emotions which is one of the worsts things ever. I'll try eating some almonds next time I'm hungry to see what happens.
    me to lol. To me eating and feeling good is so strongly attached to eachother that I need something good to snack on to feel my best. My girl always nags(with a bit of humor though)that Im so obsessed with food.

My days revolve around food. I even talk about food most of the time or think about it. Like a crack addict or something

On cheat days I dont stop eating. I eat until my stomach hurts and still continute, i eat untill it feels like I cant swalllow anything more then I lie down on my couch thinking "Why the **** did I eat that much" but after 5 minutes I eat some more. I just cant stop, I do it without thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    ECA is not an option for me. I abused ephidrine when I was younger. Took it for 5 years straight, no breaks, very high dose. Blood pressure went through the roof and may have fukked with my metabolism a bit. I dont want to go down that road again so I'm going to avoid it all together. I could take Meridia, it triggers the brain's sateity signal before you would normally be full but theres some pretty bad sides associated with that as well.
    I agree stay away from ECA. I abused it to not for that long thought and have had heart palpations and cant even tollerate coffein anymore because of it.

If you are like me you might get ENORMOUSLY depressed when you have been dieting for a while. I mean a total utter hopeless feeling just because you are not allowed to eat what you want. If you ever hit a down like that pm me and Il set you straight

Funny how food effects the mind so strongly.

No ECA, but you said you are doing Clen ???

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    No ECA, but you said you are doing Clen???
    No not right now. I've done clen (after a couple of years of being on nothing at all) and in my most recent cycle I started getting chest pain so I stopped it. I've got some serious abuse issues in case you havnt noticed

I'm giving myself a break from it but it's very tempting to go back to it as I did get results.

me to lol. To me eating and feeling good is so strongly attached to eachother that I need something good to snack on to feel my best. My girl always nags(with a bit of humor though)that Im so obsessed with food.

My days revolve around food. I even talk about food most of the time or think about it. Like a crack addict or something

On cheat days I dont stop eating. I eat until my stomach hurts and still continute, i eat untill it feels like I cant swalllow anything more then I lie down on my couch thinking "Why the **** did I eat that much" but after 5 minutes I eat some more. I just cant stop, I do it without thinking.

I agree stay away from ECA. I abused it to not for that long thought and have had heart palpations and cant even tollerate coffein anymore because of it.

If you are like me you might get ENORMOUSLY depressed when you have been dieting for a while. I mean a total utter hopeless feeling just because you are not allowed to eat what you want. If you ever hit a down like that pm me and Il set you straight

Funny how food effects the mind so strongly.
    Damn Johan! I think we're a couple of food addicts! I may have to join FAA soon (food addicts anonymous) and yes that actually exists.

You and me seems very similar when it comes to abuse both food and sups ect.

We have a similar thing to FFA in sweden but would feel silly sitting there decently lean and big among alot of obese people.

be carefull with the clen . It works great but it does kill heart tissue. I used to love it but I tend to stay away from it now. To much possible long term sides to be worth it imo.

kitty chrome might help the hunger btw. I have never tried it but my friend say it works great. Makes sense to since it helps to regulate insulin .

eating nuts and just a handfull of them should satisfy you if you have normal apetite regulation. If you dont have normal apetite regulation then you need to stuff to feel satisfied.

Ive told her the same thing about "nuts" ... they're a handful I assure you, but thank god she doesn't have normal appetite regulation because then I make sure she gets "stuffed"

ahhahahahaaa.... YEP

"why the **** did I eat that much?" ehhehehe Johan my friend that was funny, and I'm sure almost everyone on this board has said that a few times!!

lol talking about your nuts, telling me to wip it out, wanting to share a pyramid apartment with me. Are you hitting on me bro

lol Im thinking that right now. Cheat day today did a big motherload of pasta sauce and pasta and now Im afraid to move. The shake diet must have shrunken my stomach or something I eat like a pussy nowdays cant get anything down.

Jerzey is offline Member
    not to me Im wierd like that. I need to eat like 300 grams of nuts at least to be fully satisfied. Thats like 0.7ibs. thats why I tend to stay away from nuts when cutting because if I start to eat them I just cant stop until the bag is empty. I can easily eat half a kilo of peanuts if I have it infront of me.

Thats why cutting is so hard for me sometimes. I need to separate myself from EVERYTHING tasty. I just cant take one bite out of something good. If I start to eat then Im done for.
    that is me to a T... I can't even touch anpb unless I measure it into the shake or something, I won't stop!!!

I usually use them on a cheat day because of the fact that I can't stop eating them

lol talking about your nuts, telling me to wip it out, wanting to share a pyramid apartment with me. Are you hitting on me bro .
    AHHAHaa "wip it out!" your crackin me up today! but i'm not jokin about the pyramid apartment tho......

Cheat day today did a big motherload of pasta sauce and pasta and now Im afraid to move. The shake diet must have shrunken my stomach or something I eat like a pussy nowdays cant get anything down.

YOU KNOW WHAT? I said the reason she is possibly hungeee all the time now is the size of her stomach, and you may have just hit the nail on the head there ...maybe thats also a factor...how is that liquid diet coming....its working quite well for me,

Ive had

8am 1cup oatmeal, protein 2 scoop with crystal light/ efa's

10am 35 to 40 cashews/ 1 bell pepper lots of water/I can of salmon

1pm going to eat some chicken and a bananna

thats whats up so far....

I love eating like all planned and shit
    Last edited by Dally; 07-22-2005 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    AHHAHaa "wip it out!" your crackin me up today! but i'm not jokin about the pyramid apartment tho......
    lol the pyramid would be the shiznits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    YOU KNOW WHAT? I said the reason she is possibly hungeee all the time now is the size of her stomach, and you may have just hit the nail on the head there ...maybe thats also a factor...how is that liquid diet coming....its working quite well for me,
    Liquid diet seems to work very well for me. Im worrying about maby getting micro deficienses since I cant afford a good multi vitamin but I guess I will have to manage with sprouts and shakes. It has realy shrunk my stomach ALOT though. On cheat days I get full so fast that it isnt even funny. I used to be able to eat a elephant now I cant eat anything since I started to live on shakes. But funny enough during days I drink only shakes no solid meals I am less hungry then when I eat solid meals. So I find its easy to stick to a shake diet. Maby the stomach size got something to do with it or maby it makes the body more sensitivte to nutrients or something so apetite get shut off sooner.

today I have eaten

breakfast 80gram whey protein 5 grams of flax

meal 2 80 grams of whey 5grams of flax

meal 3 and 4 120grams of whey one whole avacado

meal 5 80 grams of whey

close to 300g protein, around 50g fat and something like 20 g carbs. I eat a mouthfull of sprouts and a mouthfull of flax seeds before each shake aswell. I also add some cocoa to each shake for the bioflavonoids. Supplement with selenium, vitamin e, vitamin c, magnesium, calcium, zink.

Thread Information