Thread: PPWO question

LaRoche is offline Junior Member

PPWO question

I am currently cutting. I do cardio in the morning and weights in the evening. I start lifting at about 7:30pm, and have my PWO shake right after at about 9:00pm.

Should my PPWO meal, which I have right before bed at around 10:00pm, be pro/carb? I'm worried about the carbs just converting to fat as I sleep.

Would'nt it be better to switch my PPWO to a pro/fat meal?
    Last edited by LaRoche; 07-21-2005 at 02:38 PM.

MrKadugen is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I was wondering the same. Cause I too sometimes only have time for my pwo and ppwo meals before I need to go to bed.....so bump.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    dont do carbs/protein before bed, only do carbs/protein after working out, and when you wake up and before work out, and dont do cardio and then lift in the same day, unless you eat like 4500 + calories a day, your gonna lose

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    The morning cardio and eveing workouts are fine, and yes it's ok to eat pro/carb meal after your workouts before you go to bed. Your body needs it and no it won't be stored as fat. Nothing to worry about bro. Your body will use the macros for PPWO the same as if you worked out earlier and than ate it. So to make it short.... you're good to go.

timtim is offline Member
    if your schedule dictates that 10 pm is when you get your ppwo, then have it. your body has no idea it is 10 pm you know.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    The morning cardio and eveing workouts are fine, and yes it's ok to eat pro/carb meal after your workouts before you go to bed. Your body needs it and no it won't be stored as fat. Nothing to worry about bro. Your body will use the macros for PPWO the same as if you worked out earlier and than ate it. So to make it short.... you're good to go.
    Entirely correct!

Smart cookie you are indeed!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    dont do carbs/protein before bed, only do carbs/protein after working out, and when you wake up and before work out, and dont do cardio and then lift in the same day, unless you eat like 4500 + calories a day, your gonna lose

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member

~SC~

I gotta go with Swole here, what the hell are you talking about??? You don't believe in the myth that carbs at night will make you fat do you???

The problem is that many people don't think past the "no carbs after 6 p.m." rule. Therein lies the issue........

If you sat around on your (__!__) all day, then that would probably be applicable, yes.

However, if you have done activity (weight training) that demands you replinish glycogen stores and begin recovery (pwo meals) then you'd be doing yourself a BIG dis-service to not give your body what it needs, no matter what time of the day.

I also don't get his "don't do cardio and lift in the same day" statement, as that is what I do daily to get ripped/ready for shows/photoshoots, and there is absolutely NO reason why one cannot do both, provided the nutritional support is there. No reason at all.

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Truer words have never been spoken.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    agreed...

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    pro/fat after ingesting dextrose!!!!!!!!!

gr8 responses every1...

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    The problem is that many people don't think past the "no carbs after 6 p.m." rule. Therein lies the issue........

If you sat around on your (__!__) all day, then that would probably be applicable, yes.

However, if you have done activity (weight training) that demands you replinish glycogen stores and begin recovery (pwo meals) then you'd be doing yourself a BIG dis-service to not give your body what it needs, no matter what time of the day.

I also don't get his "don't do cardio and lift in the same day" statement, as that is what I do daily to get ripped/ready for shows/photoshoots, and there is absolutely NO reason why one cannot do both, provided the nutritional support is there. No reason at all.

~SC~
    Ditto x 10

And i must reiterate:

Quote Originally Posted by ~SC~
    Ditto

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Entirely correct!

Smart cookie you are indeed!

~SC~
    Well thank ya kindly.....

Thread Information