mitch911 is offline Member

flax or olive oil

is mixing say 1 tbs of flax and 1 tbs of olive oil in a shake alright or should i just take 2 tbs of one or the other?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Doesn't matter, but that's a lot of fat for one sitting. (28 grams of fat total)

~SC~

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    yes that is alot of fat just do one or the other

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    What's the benefit of adding the lipids? Is it to slow digestion time, hence keep a steady blood sugar? I'm considering trying this in order to improve my fat burning. I keep reading that your body recognizes that it's getting fat from the diet and let's go of existing fats easier. Any truth to that?

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    is mixing say 1 tbs of flax and 1 tbs of olive oil in a shake alright or should i just take 2 tbs of one or the other?
    ...I usually split mine up among my meals.....Maybe 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil with a shake....A teaspoon of either olive oil or flaxseed oil on a green salad later on, etc......If I take in too much fat at once, it causes great distress to my digestive system..
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    If I take in too much fat at once, it causes great distress to my digestive system..

True, True... Although they work well as laxatives on no carb days without a fiber supplement. 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp flax oil in one day keeps me from being constipated the next.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboybonanza
    I keep reading that your body recognizes that it's getting fat from the diet and let's go of existing fats easier. Any truth to that?
    There is truth to that, yes, but the conditions within the body must address that desired result. Meaning, fat has to be your primary source of fuel, not glucose, which means when you eat carbs, how much, with what, etc., will dictate how well the theory works and is carried out.

~SC~

mitch911 is offline Member
    ohh ok dam ive been doig 2tbs for the past 3 weeks..seeing some good cutting results but dnt know that it was too much ..what should i be aiming for with the fat content in protein/fat meals..each meal has atleast 50g prot in it

Thread Information