kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member

loose skin pt.2, need major advice from expert

focused on some lean mass for a couple month with some gains and cut a little. I just cannot tell what is skin and what is fat. I want to be as lean as possible and then go on a mass gain program for a long time. I feel so mucvh better with low gi carbs and focusing on mass. I get filled out and the stomach looks better. I am down to 183 pounds and start to feel now that I am just making my body a smaller version of what it is. Here are some pics, please give me some major advice. I feel as of right now if I cut for too much longer I will just loose what I have, ( not much I know). I also threw in a pic of my arm to show that I am fairly lean except for the damn skin. I will not do surgery, God put me here a certain way and I will leave that way. I do everything 100% natural, oh yeh, I was 285 pounds 3 years ago.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1052067/skin.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1052067/arm.JPG

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Thats loose skin bro. I have it too around the mid section and it drives me insane, to the put where i feel like crying! Surgery is usually the only option. The older you get the harder it is to get rid of it.

Would you suggest a steady mass gain diet to slowly fill out for a while, I mean damn, I am on cutting diets for 9 -10 months out of the year and I am sick of the shit. I mean I eat super clean, I just want some other results rather than a smaller version of myself.

mukkler is offline Junior Member
    im wondering how fat you were? what was your weight?

Quote Originally Posted by kingmike1974
    Would you suggest a steady mass gain diet to slowly fill out for a while, I mean damn, I am on cutting diets for 9 -10 months out of the year and I am sick of the shit. I mean I eat super clean, I just want some other results rather than a smaller version of myself.
    Bulking will help with the problem visually but in the end it will still be there. Have you not considered surgery bro? Or is money a problem? I am going to get it done sometime soon.

How much will the surgery help and how much does it cost? I do not like surgery so therfore I never really considered an option for me. I would rather just be a bigger bulkier person with tons of strength. I hate the fact that people think I am ripped and they do not know the problem I have and face everyday.

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    First off I just want to say Congratulations on such a phenomenal transformation. You lost 100 lbs! That's friggen amazing, it's the loss of almost a whole person (at least a small one)

You didnt mention how old you are but as you probably know, as we age our skin is not as elastic and therefore is not as resiliant to change with large amounts of weight gain/loss. The result of course is what you ended up with loose skin. I can tell you that the only way to ger rid of loose skin is cosmetic surgery. Sure, you could try to fill it back out again and gain weight but like I said, the skin has lost is elasticity so for all intensive purposes it will remain relatively "loose" even with weight gain. Besides, you've worked so hard for what you've accomplished, why try to gain some back?

I can tell you know that removing loose skin is a very common surgical procedure and very successful at that. Having that loose skin removed will truley show all the results you worked so hard to get. Yes it's expensive, but it's extremely effective. Now I am not an advocate for cosmetic surgery unless it is to fix something that truley bothers YOU, has an impact on your self esteem and is not something you are doing to please someone else. You say God made you a certain way, well he didnt make you with loose skin and he obviously didnt make you to meant to be 285 lbs cause you lost the weight!

If the loose skin bothers you enough to the point that it effects your life (e.g if you dont like to go swimming, take shirt off, have to wear certain clothes) then you may want to consider it. I've had surgery 3 times and I would do it again. It's not cheating....it's just improving on something you yourself cannot control/change. You've done the hard part already, this is just the next step.

What did you have done Kitty?

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    What did you have done Kitty?
    Surgery #1 - Breast Augmentation
    Surgery #2 - Liposuction, Hips and Outer Thighs
    Surgery #3 - Liposuction, Outer Thigh touch-up and Inner Thighs

I'm on a cutting diet right now and when I get to my goal weight I will be having full-body lipo again. I wont have much too lose however when one loses weight, fat cells shrink only, they dont actually disappear which is one reason why it's so easy to put weight back on. I will therefore be getting the lipo as it is the only way to remove fat cells (even if they are shrunk and I dont have that much bf)

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Surgery #1 - Breast Augmentation
    Surgery #2 - Liposuction, Hips and Outer Thighs
    Surgery #3 - Liposuction, Outer Thigh touch-up and Inner Thighs

I'm on a cutting diet right now and when I get to my goal weight I will be having full-body lipo again. I wont have much too lose however when one loses weight, fat cells shrink only, they dont actually disappear which is one reason why it's so easy to put weight back on. I will therefore be getting the lipo as it is the only way to remove fat cells (even if they are shrunk and I dont have that much bf)
    Wow, that must have cost a fortune?! There is quite a few procedures i want done, but i just can't afford it. I think i will have to get something together though as my body really gets me down. I work my ass off in the gym, have a really strict diet and guys who don't seem to do half as much as me all seem to have better bodies than me! My problem is loose skin too. I lost a shvt load of bodyfat... (around 90lb)
    Last edited by MatrixGuy; 07-24-2005 at 04:53 PM.

Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    I saw a program on television a while back where a woman had loose skin from being pregnant. She went to some lady who rubbed and stretched the skin by hand and after a few months the results were dramatic.

I think maybe it stimulated collagen production or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Wow, that must have cost a fortune?! There is quite a few procedures i want done, but i just can't afford it. I think i will have to get something together though as my body really gets me down. I work my ass off in the gym, have a really strict diet and i still don't have a batter body than some guys who eat Maccy D's all week.....
    It wasnt cheap (about $15,000), and not to mention the cost of my non-surgical procedures (spider vein removal, laser hair removal) but it was worth every penny.

I didnt pay for any of the procedures up front, I went through a financing company (Medicard) that specializes in financing medical procedures. they set up monthly payments (over a 6 month, 1 year or 2 year period) and now its all payed off!

Honestly, as dedicated I am to the gym and diet, I will probably have many more surgical procedures as I get older. I know exactly how you feel, it is very frustrating to work as hard as we do and sometimes not get the results we expect and then others eat like shit/dont work out and are thin. I've come to a point where I do the best that i can for me, and that mean working hard on my training, my diet AND surgery if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    It wasnt cheap (about $15,000), and not to mention the cost of my non-surgical procedures (spider vein removal, laser hair removal) but it was worth every penny.

I didnt pay for any of the procedures up front, I went through a financing company (Medicard) that specializes in financing medical procedures. they set up monthly payments (over a 6 month, 1 year or 2 year period) and now its all payed off!

Honestly, as dedicated I am to the gym and diet, I will probably have many more surgical procedures as I get older. I know exactly how you feel, it is very frustrating to work as hard as we do and sometimes not get the results we expect and then others eat like shit/dont work out and are thin. I've come to a point where I do the best that i can for me, and that mean working hard on my training, my diet AND surgery if need be.
    I was thinking about using a health finance company but i thought i wouldnt have a chance as my "credit rating" is pretty poor.
    I bet you have one damn fine body now hun! $15k would be a lot to someone like me... i take it you have a good job?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Loose Skin Blues? READ ME!

Another good read by tom venuto...

Thread Information