Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    but a diet high in carbs...(not sure if it was in general or only hi gi) showed in a study to lower gh levels in rats.....not in humans.....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    yes I agree with that. I have recently dropped my fat intake in half and increase protein alot and it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    but a diet high in carbs...(not sure if it was in general or only hi gi) showed in a study to lower gh levels in rats.....not in humans.....

ifg-1 is more anabolic then gh so wouldnt bother me

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    those r type 2 ...i wouldnt know...some choose the ez way and take shots...some eat rite and exercise to control it...since its not stated i think they didnt not sure tho...
    Not that it is relevant to the thread but as an FYI, most type II diabetics take oral medications as they are often dont want to take insulins shots. Because they are insulin resistant, their pancreas has to work harder and harder to produce enough insulin to lower blood glucose. As the disease progresses, the pancreatic beta cells become so degenerated that they dont produce much or any insulin at all and they eventually have no choice but to take exogenous insulin shots. In this study they were prob controlled with diet and/or oral meds.

Just an FYI

Thats ur part....( the hormones)

still reading the study...note:Compared with the control diet, the experimental diet included greater quantities of protein (average 130 vs. 117 g), calcium (average 1,473 vs. 878 mg), and zinc (average 10.1 vs. 7.1 mg)

i get alot more neway..like 280 g pro . 1400 calc , 60-80 zinc

check out the "similar" studies...
    -http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Link&db=PubMed&dbFrom=PubMed&from_u id=15184271

-http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/cgi/search?qbe=cebp;13/6/1086&journalcode=cebp&minscore=5000

I hope high calcium levels doesnt have anything to do with igf-1. The more I read about calcium the less I want of it to much calcium Its way to linked to heart diseses for me to comfortably supplement with it.

this one also indicates that calcium=decreases insulin sensitivity
    Magnesium may mediate the favorable impact of whole grains on insulin sensitivity by acting as a mild calcium antagonist.

McCarty MF.

Pantox Laboratories, 4622 Santa Fe Street, San Diego, CA 92109, USA. [email protected]

Recent epidemiology has linked high consumption of whole grains with reduced risk for diabetes, coronary disease, stroke, and various types of cancer; there is reason to suspect that improved insulin sensitivity is largely responsible for this protection. This phenomenon may be partially explained by the lower glycemic indices of some whole grain food products in comparison to their fiber-depleted analogs. Nonetheless, the fact that whole wheat flour promotes insulin sensitivity relative to white flour--and yet has a near-identical glycemic index--suggests that certain nutrients or phytochemicals in whole wheat, depleted by the refining process, promote preservation of insulin sensitivity. Magnesium is a likely candidate in this regard; magnesium deficiency promotes insulin resistance in rodents and in humans, whereas supplemental magnesium has been found to prevent type 2 diabetes in rodent models of this syndrome, and to improve the insulin sensitivity of elderly or diabetic humans. Magnesium-rich diets as well as above-average serum magnesium are associated with reduced diabetes risk in prospective epidemiology, and with greater insulin sensitivity in cross-sectional studies; moreover, other types of magnesium-rich foods--dairy products, legumes, and nuts--have been linked to decreased diabetes risk in prospective studies. The biochemical role of magnesium in support of insulin function is still poorly understood. In light of evidence that magnesium can function as a mild natural calcium antagonist, it is interesting to note suggestive evidence that increases in intracellular free calcium may compromise the insulin responsiveness of adipocytes and skeletal muscle, and may indeed play a pathogenic role in the insulin resistance syndrome. Thus, it is proposed that some or all of the favorable impact of good magnesium status on insulin function may reflect antagonism of the induction or effects of increased intracellular free calcium. Further research concerning the potential health benefits of long-term magnesium supplementation is clearly warranted. These considerations, however, should not detract from efforts to better inform the public regarding the strong desirability of choosing whole grain products in preference to refined grains.

PMID: 15617878 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

so it was the magnesium in the milk all along not the calcium??? :P

but the study i read bout calcium for fat loss....they used calcium in a tablet form.....

neway i wouldnt use less than 1200 mg of calcium....esp with all the power/olympic-lifting/ running , hiking etc... Im doing....

calcium seems to benifit weightloss. But it also seems like calcium can increase risk of cardiovascular diseases

this is dr levy(the vitamin c expert) oppinion on calcium

Although it appears from the early work of Weston A. Price, D.D.S. that acutely raising the ionic calcium levels in the blood can greatly improve the acute phases of he****g in damaged tissues, this does not address what the long-term consequences of calcium administration may entail. In fact, it appears that the bulk of the scientific data supports the concept that the vast majority of the older population is massively overdosed on calcium and legitimately suffering from calcium toxicity. We continue to be stressed with warnings of increased risk of osteoporosis while the data clearly shows that most deaths in patients with osteoporosis relate to the vascular system and not the bones (Kruger and Horrobin, 1997). Furthermore, excess calcium in the coronary arteries, one marker of long-term calcium overdosage, is also directly correlated to increased risk of heart attack (Raggi et al., 2003), increased incidence of chronic degenerative disease (Arad et al., 2001; Christian et al., 2003; Kiryu et al., 2003; Wong et al., 2003), and increased degree of overall "all-cause mortality" (Shaw et al., 2003).

So, if you are a older chronic calcium supplement taker, just be aware that there are negatives to this practice. The chance of dying from an osteoporotic fracture doesn't remotely approach the chances of dying from a heart attack, cancer, or another chronic degenerative disease. Furthermore, it is far from clear that the traditional treatment approach to osteoporosis significantly affects the likelihood of a subsequent fracture. The scientific evidence, however, is very clear that supplemental calcium often fuels the progression of atherosclerosis, with the expected increased chance of heart attack.

If the above does not convince you that supplemental calcium, with very rare exceptions, should be completely avoided, at least start tracking your calcium accumulations. The coronary artery CAT scan should show no calcium. Check it. Your heart should not be calcifying. Check your ECHOcardiogram. Hair analysis should not show excess calcium. Check it. If any or all of these tests are positive for calcium, you should be especially concerned about dumping still more supplemental calcium into your blood and body on a daily basis
    we bb'ers probably need some more calcium but I dont think the need is that inflated and any increase in calcium suplementation should be followed by a increase in magnesium to lower the risk factor of calcium.

-How much were the studies using neway??

-these studies are geared towards normal people...We Are NOT..

yeah but juicers are a risk group for atherosclerosis because of the decreased in hdl and increased in ldl and homocystein by androgens. I wouldnt add another risk factor into the equation when it has no aperent benifits and alot of possible side effects.

I se no benifit to high calcium levels to be honest

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Typical low carb diets arent really good, they work but you should go for the good fats and not saturated.

I first exprienced with low carb in 1998 losing a tone of weight around 30 pounds i less then 3 months. I cheated on and off of course.

Back in 2001 i injured my back and could not train at all i was 231 pounds and needed to lose the extra weight and fat i add on. I used the typical low fat diet to the T.

Steak, saussages, bacon, eggs, and all the low carb diet stuff on atkins.

I lost 30 pounds and came down to 201.

Now this year i have decided for health purpose to keep my bodyweight in the 180 range, right now i am at 210 pounds and bodyfat at 14%, but i still suffer from low back pain and need to work a lot on posture too.

After my 2001 diet i lost a lot of hair, it was dry so was my skin and i didnt feel quit good each time i hit ketosis, very foggy and dizzy.

This time around i decided to do it clean, since when you are on a low carb diet you dont have to eat 6 times a day, only 3 will do the trick.

First thing i did this time around is up the carbs actually, but the good ones, veggies to get fiber, soy nuts and very low glycemic carbs to prevent myself from getting in to ketosis.

Fat was replaced with Flax oil and olive oil.

Typical day is 1 scoop whey protein in 1 cup soy milk unsweetened, with 2 egg whites and 1 table spoon of flax.

Diner is usually a tuna or chicken salad of some sort

at Super is the same thing.

I dont eat after 7pm to lose maximum weight and to drop at least 10 pounds and a few inches off my waiste.

I have added green tea leaves, apple cider vinegar 3 times a day with lemon, lots of water, and a multi vitamin supplement.

I train 6 times a week, not going heavy doing 4 sets of 15 on almost all my muscles.

My main goal is to lose weight and be healthy, i will not retain any muscles mass training that way and i am not looking to cut up either but more for posture rehab.

All the exerices i do are geared toward correct posture.Since stationnary bike does cause me any pain i use it has well for 45 minutes 4 times a week.

When i have lost the weight i will resume a better way of eating, with more veggies and low glycemic fruits.

Seems to be working fine right now.

or well one thing would be the phosphor levels in meat. Phosphor is a calcium antagonist so maby we need a bit more.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    This will not apply to someone using steroids , when i was on juice back in 1999 i was always hungry.

But is pertty much for someone that wants to lose maximun weight in minimal time.

magnesium and calcium supplemnentation should be atleast keept equal. I would personaly strive for a bit more magnesium to be on the safe side. But I have a family history of heart diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    yeah but juicers are a risk group for atherosclerosis because of the decreased in hdl and increased in ldl and homocystein by androgens. I wouldnt add another risk factor into the equation when it has no aperent benifits and alot of possible side effects.

I se no benifit to high calcium levels to be honest
    The only "juice" i use is unsweetned 100% pure fruit juice on cheat days...

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    How do you take it, you just drink it or do you inject it??

Lick it off her body....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information