Heracles74 is offline Senior Member

my diet ~ please critique?

ok guys, I decided to post my diet because I would like the opinions of you knowledgeable folks here. this is how a trypical day for me goes...
    Some helpful info
    protein shakes are Building Blocks by Klik Nutrition~roughly 60-75 grams protein per shake.
    protein bars are EAS Myoplex low carb bars.
    Meal bars are Tri-o-plex whole oat protein/carb bars
    I drink plenty of water all through the day

6:30 AM
    protein shake
    honey wheat english muffin with a little butter

10:00
    meal bar
    banana

12:30
    either a chicken breast or eye of round steak
    small potato
    and a yogurt or fruit or some strawberries

2:30-3:00
    protein bar or protein drink
    piece of fruit

4:00
    workout. roughly 1 1/2 -2 hours.
    preotein shake immediately after.

7:00
    dinner. a meat or fish, a carb and a piece of fruit. this varies. could be chicken and masjed potato's or steak and a potato; something like that.

9:00 a tuna wrap OR a muscle milk shake.

This is fairly accurate. Saturdays are usually a little cleaner, more tuna less carbs. Sundays the same but in the afternoon if I want a little snack or cheat with like 1 beer or afew chips, I will do that then. Nothing excessive by any means.

I know it is not the cleanest diet and ultimately I am pretty happy with how I look but I would sure like to trim down my core a bit. I got some abs that are starting to show through but I really want to cut them up...

ok... tear into it... let me have it. I know this isn't great and that it differs from the stickies conciderably. What looks good? Wha looks bad?
    Thanks SO much everyone!
    oh, I am 31 YO
    205 lbs
    11% BF... supposedly.
    Last edited by Heracles74; 07-28-2005 at 08:20 PM.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    diet needs some serious work. Before sc has to reply i'll say it for him, look @ the stickies atop the page for your general guideline.

Yeah, I have looked at those.
    thanks.

gio86 is offline Member
    yes bro..not being a dick but your diet needs lots of work... lets start with your foods...meal 1-2 are preaty much suplements i would rather get in some eggs in the morning and some flax oil along with some oatmeal...you got alot of fruits on every meal and even tho I wouldnt do that just because its sugars all the time...the only good thing is that your insuline levels shouldnt be to f-up since your having a fruit on everymeal which is some what more level out than just having randome fruits during the day in diff times....OK ANYWAYS I WOULD RATHER EAT THE FRUIT ON MEAL 1 AND AFTER WORK OUT. other than that i would keep my carbs high but low in GI such as sweet potatoes and oatmeal are great. i hope you got multi v in your diet and deffently need that flax oil. ok man some more knowledge guys will help you out better but i hope what i gave you worked. peace good luck.

gio86 is offline Member
    add vegies like broccoli

lots of veggies bro and more efa's.

Quote Originally Posted by gio86
    yes bro..not being a dick but your diet needs lots of work... lets start with your foods...meal 1-2 are preaty much suplements i would rather get in some eggs in the morning and some flax oil along with some oatmeal...you got alot of fruits on every meal and even tho I wouldnt do that just because its sugars all the time...the only good thing is that your insuline levels shouldnt be to f-up since your having a fruit on everymeal which is some what more level out than just having randome fruits during the day in diff times....OK ANYWAYS I WOULD RATHER EAT THE FRUIT ON MEAL 1 AND AFTER WORK OUT. other than that i would keep my carbs high but low in GI such as sweet potatoes and oatmeal are great. i hope you got multi v in your diet and deffently need that flax oil. ok man some more knowledge guys will help you out better but i hope what i gave you worked. peace good luck.

Great! This is what I was looking for, thanks a lot bro... ok, so cut out the fruit except for maybe breakfast and post workout... egg whites and oatmeal more often as breakfast instead of the shakes...

I take flax oil twice a day but it is in capsule form... is that ok? do I need more or should I go with the liquid?

And I can add lots more veggies, that is easy. I love em all practically... broccoli for example, what am I gaining from that?? vitamins?? calories? help me understand the reasoning... I take a multi-vitamin twice a day too...

And more carbs are you saying or just more real food in general?? Thanks a lot bro!
    Last edited by Heracles74; 07-28-2005 at 02:26 PM.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    Great! This is what I was looking for, thanks a lot bro... ok, so cut out the fruit except for maybe breakfast and post workout... egg whites and oatmeal more often as breakfast instead of the shakes...

I take flax oil twice a day but it is in capsule form... is that ok? do I need more or should I go with the liquid?

And I can add lots more veggies, that is easy. I love em all practically... broccoli for example, what am I gaining from that?? vitamins?? calories? help me understand the reasoning... I take a multi-vitamin twice a day too...

And more carbs are you saying or just more real food in general?? Thanks a lot bro!
    Liquid flax oil is a better choice. 1 tbsp=14g fat=14 capsules (not very cost efficient for caps huh?)

Veggies are important sources of vitamins, antioxidents, fiber, etc. They also help satiate hunger while dieting.

Don't forget water, at least a gallon per day!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    diet needs some serious work. Before sc has to reply i'll say it for him, look @ the stickies atop the page for your general guideline.

~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    Yeah, I have looked at those.
    thanks.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    what I mean is, I have read the stickies and yes, I see that they are vastly different in some ways to what I have been doing. What I am asking for is critique/explanation/elaboration as to what It is specifically I am doing wrong, why it is wrong, what would be better, and why etc. I know my diet is my problem area. I am looking for more than silly smilies. if its f'd up, I am looking for somone to tell me that it is and explain why. Maybe even offer up some contructive criticism as fritz2435 and gio86 did.
    thanks.

bro, look at the stickies and fill in the blanks. All your meals should be similar for instance, MEAL 1- PRO/CARB MEAL 2- PRO/FAT ect ect. If your read it thoroughly you will realize what you are doing wrong everything is there.

gio86 is offline Member
    heracles i would go with the liquid flax..you need lots of caps to make up what a tablespoon of flax is so just take a full spoon twice a day is good. reason for vegies specially broccoli is the fiber, and is very rich in minerals..usually dark green vegies are the good ones...
    yes belive me bro REAL FOOD IS GREAT when put together right..so keep the shakes but not one after the other. do em in between.... keep thoes carbs high but low in gi unless you just finished up your work out.
    and what the guys here are saying is try to have meal that are protein and carbs and another protein and fat. so a shake and a flax oil tablespoon is great for a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by gio86
    heracles i would go with the liquid flax..you need lots of caps to make up what a tablespoon of flax is so just take a full spoon twice a day is good. reason for vegies specially broccoli is the fiber, and is very rich in minerals..usually dark green vegies are the good ones...
    yes belive me bro REAL FOOD IS GREAT when put together right..so keep the shakes but not one after the other. do em in between.... keep thoes carbs high but low in gi unless you just finished up your work out.
    and what the guys here are saying is try to have meal that are protein and carbs and another protein and fat. so a shake and a flax oil tablespoon is great for a meal.
    Thanks alot bro, I really appreciate the feedback.

gio86 is offline Member
    no prob. bro any time

Ok, so I made some changes. The last three days have looked like this:
    6 AM PRO/CARB
    2 eggs + 6 egg whites scrambled, 1 cup plain oat meal, (3 packets of sweet&low to help taste)

9 AM PRO/FAT 8 oz sirloin 2 swiss cheese sticks

12 noon PRO/CARB 1 big chicken breats and 1 cup of brown rice

2 PM protein shake, 1 cup ground beef mixed with 1/2 cup brown rice with 2 slices of swiss cheese. 2 tablespoons peanut butter

4 pm work out -- 90 minutes PWO shake

6:30 -7:00 chicken breast and brown rice

9:30 muscle milk shake and then I go to bed about 1o ish

I drink water all throughout the day.... I take multivitamins morning and night, 5 flax oil caps with breakfast and 6 after workout with shake.
    I have increased my food and decreased the protein/meal bars... cooking is apain in the ass...

what are yoru thoughts now?
    Thanks in advance.

bump.

Thread Information