Sandwich2003 is offline Banned

What is eating right? Eating a balanced diet?

Alot of people use cutting diets to lose weight. Is it possible to just eat a balanced diet and use weight-training and cardio to lose weight?

I am eating 5-6 balanced meals a day.

Meals 1 to 5-6: 20 grams protein, 50 grams carbs, 5 grams fat.

Is this considered eating right?
    Can I achieve a nice physique without complicating my life with all sorts of cutting diets? I am studying 5-8 hours a day, low-carb diets and carb-cycling interfere with my studying (headaches, lack of concentration)

I know weigh 210 lbs with about 17-18% bodyfat. Protein comes from lean sources and carbs are all complex.

My goal is to drop 25 punds in 4 months.

zoso428 is offline Associate Member
    your not gettin even close to enough protein not even 1g per lb you are...that is an obnoxious amount of carbs for cutting...and what kind of carbs are you looking to take in...btw you are on a board of huge supporters of the separations of carbs and fats so be prepared for those lectures

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Depends on what you consider "a nice physique". You will have trouble maintaining/adding muscle mass while dieting with that protein intake.

Sandwich2003 is offline Banned
    I used to be very overweigt, 270 lbs.

With a nice physique I mean being a guy in shape. I am thinking in the line of defined chest, abs, etc. I have never been in shape. I just want to be a guy in shape, maybe like Andy Roddick. After I accomplish this I can look into new goals. Just being able to go to the beach (or haver a bbq) and take of my shirt without embarresment will feel so great.

zoso428 is offline Associate Member
    if you want it to the cuttin sticky bro......eating that much carbs not for PWO is not gonna be good....gl

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Got news for ya, Andy Roddick eats far more protein per day than that.

~SC~

Thread Information