Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Question What foods cause Estrogen conversion- cause I don't wanna eat em.

I asked this over at Elite hoping to get some good feedback, I think that more people should be educated in this area, since we are all looking to get the thin skin rock hard appearance. If anyone could pull up some good information on this subject that would be great...thanks

SOLID

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Soy.....ummm.........I'm out.

jbrand is offline Member
    i actually read something a while back about excessive soy intake lowering testosterone levels thus heightening estrogen.

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    Soy.....ummm.........I'm out.
    wow. i'm blind.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    You asked for it
    Foods Containing Natural Plant Estrogens(Phytoestrogens)
    Alfalfa
    Animal Flesh
    Anise seed
    Apples
    Bakers yeast
    Barley
    Beets
    Carrots
    Cherries
    Chick peas
    Clover
    Cow-peas
    Cucumbers
    Dairy foods
    Dates
    Eggs
    Eggplant
    Fennel
    Flaxseeds(shit)
    Garlic
    Hops
    licorice
    Oats
    Olive oil
    Olives
    Papaya
    Parsley
    Peas
    Peppers
    Plums
    Pomegranates
    Potatoes
    Pumpkin
    Red beans
    Red clover
    Rhubarb
    Rice
    Sage
    Sesame seeds
    Soybean sprouts
    Soybeans
    Split peas
    Sunflower seeds
    tomatoes
    Wheat
    Yams

Estrogen Inhibiting Foods:
    Berries
    Broccoli
    Buckwheat
    Cabbage
    Citrus Foods
    Corn
    Figs
    Fruits(except apples, cherries,dates, pomegranates)
    Grapes
    Green beans
    Melons
    Millet
    Onions
    Pears
    Pineapples
    Squashes
    Tapioca
    White Rice
    White Flour
    Last edited by Pheedno; 07-02-2002 at 08:32 AM.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Dont mean to flame Phedno, but it seems to me that you dont really know what your talking about.

It so happens that Brocolli is the best best Estrogen Eradicator. Although some ofo these foods are bad when it comes to "the wrong type of estrogen conversion" called 16-hydroxy estrogens, about 75% are not. Scientists have shown that cabbage, brocoli and other cruciferous vegetables are rich in an estrogen-fighting chemical called indole-3-carbinol. These chemicals boost liver enzymes that neutralize 16-hydroxy estrogens, into much weeker 2-hydroxy estrogens, which basically means that they zap nasty estrogens. But it is true that many foods that are high in iron may increase estrogen in mean and woman.

The definition of Inhibit-To restrain, hinder, arrest, or check.
    The vegetables that you listed are under the inhibited list. Meaning that they should be eaten in the cases where estrogen is exacerbated. Thanks for the input though.
    Last edited by Pheedno; 04-25-2002 at 08:50 AM.

Originally posted by ripped_82
    Dont mean to flame Phedno, but it seems to me that you dont really know what your talking about.

It so happens that Brocolli is the best best Estrogen Eradicator. Although some ofo these foods are bad when it comes to "the wrong type of estrogen conversion" called 16-hydroxy estrogens, about 75% are not. Scientists have shown that cabbage, brocoli and other cruciferous vegetables are rich in an estrogen-fighting chemical called indole-3-carbinol. These chemicals boost liver enzymes that neutralize 16-hydroxy estrogens, into much weeker 2-hydroxy estrogens, which basically means that they zap nasty estrogens. But it is true that many foods that are high in iron may increase estrogen in mean and woman.
    DuDe go back and re-read where Pheedno wrote Estrogen inhibiting Foods. You might have over looked it.

Pheedno, thanks bro for the info, so are these plant estrogens bad, I mean do they cause more estrogen conversion when you eat them cause I'm eating a ton on that list on a daily basis?

Shit
    SOLID

Add on to the list above
    Plant estrogens are scientifically called Phytoestrogens
    Although they have similar actions as estrogen, they are not the same as the estrogen in our bodies. They can bind to receptor sites and have either pro-estrogenic effects or anti-estrogenic effects depending on how much estrogen you are already producing. If your estrogen level is low, empty receptor sites can be filled with Phytoestrogens. If your estrogen levels are high, the Phytoestrogens can compete with your own estrogens for binding to receptors. If the Phytoestrogens are successful they will decrease overall estrogenic activity.
    You can do a search on yahoo for more info. I read about this a while back some article. Ican't remeber the site though

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    damn man we got two mr. wizzards on the site.. good shit man keep it coming

good info Pheedno, my mission is to contrive a non estrogenic diet. I know that you need some estrogen but I don't want excess and will attempt to limit it. I want to experiment with it and see how my body reacts to it. If anyone else can see some benefit to this and would like to help with constructing a diet void of estrogens, please feel free to jump in. You know we have all these diets- low carb, no carb, hight protein, low fat, no fat, vegetarian, but this has never been attempted to my knowledge. You never know it could be what bodybuilders are looking for. I'm thinking of finding food groups rich in protein(since these nutrients are most important to us) but have non or little estrogen properties. Also want to add a moderate carb supply but keep it estrogen free. And of course some fat. What sucks is that most of us eat the foods which contain these natural estrogens like: oatmeal, eggs, dairy, potatoes, flaxseeds!, rice- which I have a question about- which kind of rice- quick instant rice or brown whole grain? I see that whit rice is on the Estrogen inhibitor list, and white flour? This basically contradicts when they say brown rice and whole wheat bread is better for you. Well depending on the way you look at it...

So who wants to help in finding foods void of estrogens and experimenting with the Non- Estrogenic Diet? Hopefully I will get some people who feel the same way about this subject as me and can be open minded to seeing the basically unknown potential of a Non-Estrogenic-Diet. Peace Peeps..

SOLID

Make sure to get your Vitamins!
    Vitamin B6 reduces blood estrogen and increases progesterone. A deficiancy in B6 can cause a decrease in liver metabolism of estrogen. This will cause an excess in estrogen-Estrogen Dominance.

I hate science

I take B5- pantothenic Acid and a natural B complex, along with other's and a multivitamin.

Pheedno...don't you think that eliminating estrogens in the diet, and sticking to a clean diet as well rich in protein would be smart. I mean estrogen causes water retention correct, and it affects some more than others so by eliminating these E's we can create a new diet to help us acheive a better physique. Or am I just way out there on this on?

My opinion is that you should eat more of the Phytoestrogenic foods. Most phytoestrogens are not stored in the body, they quickley broken down. They are weak estrogens that may prevent our bodies stronger estrogens from binding. Studies from Cornell have shown that diets high in phytoestrogens cause more excretion of estrogen in the urine-showing a lower blood estrogen count. So I think a diet rich in these foods after a cycle could possibly aid a great bit in preventing estrogen production.-Opinions only on my part, I could be wrong

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by Pheedno
    My opinion is that you should eat more of the Phytoestrogenic foods. Most phytoestrogens are not stored in the body, they quickley broken down. They are weak estrogens that may prevent our bodies stronger estrogens from binding. Studies from Cornell have shown that diets high in phytoestrogens cause more excretion of estrogen in the urine-showing a lower blood estrogen count. So I think a diet rich in these foods after a cycle could possibly aid a great bit in preventing estrogen production.-Opinions only on my part, I could be wrong
    you are all over this topic bro. alot of good information here. i have literature supporting your standpoint, as well as debating it. i think i agree with your idea that if phytoestrogens bind the estrogen receptor (competing with endogenous estrogen), but don't send the same signal -- they should lower estrogen levels in the body.

good info guys...can anyone find more foods with good or bad estrogen's? Coffee, redmeat, tuna, other bodybuilding staples, etc? Thanks.

SOLID

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    fucking bullshit u saying that apples ,oatmeal is bad?fuckin shit _(#$(_#$(+_#@

Originally posted by D00fy

do you have ADD?

I'm with you on that nightop, i read your post on gyno reduction, and how you recomend taking zinc losenges. But you don't recomend taking them during the reduction cycle, why because you don't want to eliminate it, just lessen it? BTW- have you tried any of those you recomended?

SOLID

thanks for the info bro... you know what I'm confused about, we all want to raise our Test levels right but that just causes Estrogen aromatese, at what point or level does the elevated Test start to aromatise?

I want to bump this for an aswer to Iwan2bsolid2's Q.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

WTF?

Originally posted by D00fy

Yeah, you're highly educated on the subject I can see!

Doofy........yeah, well, it fits!

~SC~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hey Pheedno.......you said cow peas!!!! LOL

Sorry had to get that outta the way! Good postings Pheedno!

chris189 is offline New Member
    I hope I don't get in trouble for bringing this back from the grave! lmao 2003. Anyway I'm super interested in this food estrogens info. Could you gives provide a recent version of this thread or something. I'm interested in dialing in my estrogen's and keeping them as low as possible.

I've been eating only apples, scrambled eggs with no additives at all added, and hard boiled eggs. Also eating salads with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, and croutons. Also drinking 7 gallons of distilled water or so in a week or two. That and apple cider, the none organic pure kind (it's cheap).

So is my diet horrible? I'm thinking of going all 100% natural pure and wild from the earth for everything.

Thanks and sorry so sorry for the grave digging here....

It's crazy this was left in 2003! That's 9 freaking years old!!
    Last edited by chris189; 04-04-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Are you at? Nice first post.

If you are a hippy your diet is lacking in nuts and seeds and if you lift you are so far off the mark no matter what your goals!

And it's 9 years old from last post not12!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^ funny i was wondering who these guys were! until i saw ur post stem and chekd the dates..

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Are you at? Nice first post.

If you are a hippy your diet is lacking in nuts and seeds and if you lift you are so far off the mark no matter what your goals!

And it's 9 years old from last post not12!
    My goal is to lose weight. I've got a solid build/frame just too much fat. So I'm 3' 5" 500lbs and need to lose some weight bros

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Yep, just cut your legs off............... AT YOUR NECK!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

lmao well yeah I was hoping my above joke was gonna be funny. Anyway as for the truth. I'm 5'11" and weigh 200 lbs. My goal is 175lbs. According to my diet I have been losing weight continuously every day. Losing about a pound or so a day but I've been really serious about my diet and exercise.

I'm looking to eat foods that'll prevent estrogen dominance since I'm on Androgel at the moment and no other medications. I'm working on providing my body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins from my organic diet alone and no vitamins. Puffy nipples ARE of concern so I'd like to dial in my diet to the max on foods that may help prevent it. I may also be going on a aromatase inhibitor to help it.

Any advice? And if your gonna go out and say everything I'm doing is wrong. Back it up with something and some advice, I mean Come on!

later

This is interesting...

nocramp dot com/phyto dot html

as well as this...

archive dot newsmax dot com/archives/articles/2007/8/6/85704 dot shtml
    Last edited by chris189; 04-04-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Thread Information