spound is offline Anabolic Member

good for pre-workout, and/or PPWO meal??

I made soem 93% lean ground beef yesterday with a bunch of plain spagghetti, i put a little bit of spaghetti sauce on the meat (not much . WOudl this be a good pre workout and PPWO meal?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd have to say no.

Then again, many factors come into place.......dieting or bulking, current state, etc.

Overall though, no.

~SC~

why not? THe pasta is too simple of a carb? So it woudlnt be good for either of those two meals? I am going for lean mass/bulk right now so.... I am sitting at about 10-11%bF right now and wanna stay right abotu there..i could allow maybe a percnet higher. I am using a low dose of T3 right now as well PWO (25mcg) I am not really cheating ever with fast foods or anythign either

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    why not?
    I just gave my opinion, you'll have to experiment and see how it treats you.

As well, isn't that why you posed the question? For opinions?

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    why not? THe pasta is too simple of a carb? So it woudlnt be good for either of those two meals? I am going for lean mass/bulk right now so.... I am sitting at about 10-11%bF right now and wanna stay right abotu there..i could allow maybe a percnet higher. I am using a low dose of T3 right now as well PWO (25mcg) I am not really cheating ever with fast foods or anythign either
    I'd rather use rice/yams instead of pasta.

BTW, why are you taking your t3 PWO? I'd suggest you take it in the morning on empty...

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I just gave my opinion, you'll have to experiment and see how it treats you.

As well, isn't that why you posed the question? For opinions?

~SC~
    Yes that is why I am posting it, but I was just tryin to milk a little extra info. out of ya Don't get me wrong though, I appreciate you giving me your input, I was just wondering why you felt this way. Thanks for your opinion on it though. I will probably not do this for long, jsut this week, i jsut needed a lil break from chicken breast and sweet potatoes, and my weight has kinda plateued, so was thinking this would help bump up the cals. THanks
    Last edited by spound; 07-28-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I'd rather use rice/yams instead of pasta.

BTW, why are you taking your t3 PWO? I'd suggest you take it in the morning on empty...
    I didnt knwo it mattered when to take it. What extra benefit will taking it in the morning give me? Just a kick start on my metabolism throughout my day of eating?
    Yea, i usually have yams, but i needed a lil break from them. Thanks for the input bro!

I didnt knwo it mattered when to take it. What extra benefit will taking it in the morning give me? Just a kick start on my metabolism throughout my day of eating?
    Yea, i usually have yams, but i needed a lil break from them. Thanks for the input bro!
    It's just the way I prefer to take it.... especially at a low dosage like that. It's not really worth splitting it up either IMO (at that dose)...

When you get around 50+mcg/day, I would suggest starting to split it up during the day.... T3 is absorbed through the stomach, rather than the intestine... (incapability to be time-released)..

I usually just take a single dose in the morning on empty.... (I think taking it on empty helps it absorb a bit better, so if you're taking it with your PWO shake, it may hinder that a bit... just a thought.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    It's just the way I prefer to take it.... especially at a low dosage like that. It's not really worth splitting it up either IMO (at that dose)...

When you get around 50+mcg/day, I would suggest starting to split it up during the day.... T3 is absorbed through the stomach, rather than the intestine... (incapability to be time-released)..

I usually just take a single dose in the morning on empty.... (I think taking it on empty helps it absorb a bit better, so if you're taking it with your PWO shake, it may hinder that a bit... just a thought.)

Good point. My reasoning for taking ti PWO though was to help metabolize the proteins better in my PWO shake, since i believe T3 improves protein synthesis. Thanks for you input bro, ill give it a try

Yes, it does improve protein synthesis, but it also burns calories (pro/fat/carbs)... however, that is a low dose....

Up to you...

Thread Information