for the longest time, i used whey in a few of my meals each day to fit in all i needed as far as protein. then there were all these people complaining whey digests too quickly and to go with something that digests slower like casein. so, for the past 8 months i gave it a shot...

well, i went from using 1 scoop of whey in 3 different meals to using 1/2 a scoop of whey and 1/2 scoop of casein protein. after 8 months, which i spent times both cutting and bulking, it made absolutely no difference whatsoever compared to my typical gains. about the only difference it made was in my wallet cause of the excessive cost of casein powder compared to whey. now, i kept a pretty strict track of my bodyfat %, lean mass, etc., and i've been training since i was about 15, so i know my body quite well. it seems as if it really doesn't matter how fast or slow the protein gets digested, the end result was still the same.

so, whey, casein, whatever, doesn't matter. in a sense, if you're bulking, it would actually be better to stick with whey cause of it's faster digestion rate. this would allow you to fit in more calories without being so full. though your carbs you want to digest slower, it seems that a continuous, steady supply of amino acids into the muscles from protein isn't as vital.

this is just my personal experience, and you're all entitled to your opinions. but as many things are overhyped just so people have something to make drama about, so is the issue of what kind of protein to use. you can give me all the scientific data you want, cause this was personal experience and i know without a single doubt in my mind it made absolutely no difference in the gains i made as opposed to how i did prior to switching my protein up.