MIKAY is offline New Member

Smile Lost 151 lbs. now i want to gain lean muscle w/out fat???

I used to weight 306lbs. and then I decided to lose it all and I ended up losing it all. I lost 151 lbs. and i currently weight 155 and im about 6' ft tall so im pretty lean. I had lots excess skin on my stomach from the massive weight loss so I ended up getting a tummy tuck last year to get rid of all that shit. Now I look amazing and Im havent eatin any junk food for the last 4 years. I always stay on my very strict diet and I work out 6-7 times a week and I usually burn 800-1000 calories when i do cardio. Im addicted too it!!!

Anyways, I lost it all then decided to get the surgery. So about 3-4 months before my surgery I was working out twice a day. Doing my cardio in the early morning around 5 am everyday and then right after school at 12 am I would go back and do weights. And I mean i did this straight for 120 days and prolly only missed 3 days to the most. So I was trying to put on some muscle before the surgery because I knew I would be out of commission for about 6-8 weeks without doing anything and I would really lose more weight.

Im only 19 and I weigh 155lbs. Now I wanna gain some lean muscle without any fat. But I am to afraid to start eating more to gain because im afraid im gonna gain some fat even though Im working out. (i dunno I guess its a mental thing you have after being overweight).

1) So what is a good diet for me to put on some lean muscle without worrying about putting on any fat?

2) How about supplements are there any of those that can help me put some muscle on?

3) And what about cardio wise, would I have to stop burning such a high number of calories in order to put on some weight?

Please Help Me Out!!!

gio86 is offline Member
    ok bro...frist congrats on all your weight loss and im glad you eat good now. now for your questions YES YOU DO NEED MORE FOOD IN ORDER TO GROW..now you dont want to gain fat so keep your diet clean..which i mean by low GI carbs during the day and good sugar carbs after a work out (such as fruit) atleast take in 1 gram of protein a day..and supplements i would go now with regular whey protein for an after work out shake and during the day as a meal ether with good fats or crabs (one of the 2). now having that said you do need more calories but just try to get them from clean foods such as chicken lean staek aotmeal brown rice and so on..GOOD LUCK

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Awesome!!!

Did you have Gastric Bypass or anything?

Also, a tummy tuck puts you out of commission for 6-8 weeks? I did not know that.

Thanks...

Nope I didnt have gastric bypass or any surgery and I was only 17 yrs old which is pretty young to start losing so much weight...But I am so glad I did it naturally and that I worked my ass off and it paid off too. I'm gonna post my before and after pics on here as soon as I can figure out how to get them on my computer.

Yeah the tummy out was a pretty big surgery cause there was so much skin...I remember I couldnt start working out till about 6 weeks later..but it wasnt very hard to get back into it. Thank God.

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    u burn 800-1000 cals doin cardio?
    how long u do cardio for?

I sure do!!! its no lie either. After doing cardio for about 4 years straight I am addicted to it and I have to do alot of it.

It usually takes me about 65-70 minutes. I dont even think its good to burn that much in a day but I do it about 6-7 times a week.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    If you are addicted to that kind of cardio, just stick with it and don't think about gaining weight.

Learn to like your body how it is.....because you are not going to gain on that insane amount of cardio.

In order to gain...you will have to eat quite a bit more....and cardio quite a bit less.

That will make you scared as all heck that you will rebound. Just stick how you are and be happy.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    1) So what is a good diet for me to put on some lean muscle without worrying about putting on any fat?
    Read the bulking sticky bro, While adding muscle naturally your going to add "some" fat to your body, the cleaner your diet the less fat you put on...dont worry about it too much though, hell bro if you can lose 150+ pounds then losing 5-10 aint a biggy when it comes time to cut.

2) How about supplements are there any of those that can help me put some muscle on?

Multi-Vitamin
    EFA's (Fish Oil)
    Whey Protein
    Dextrose and maybe some
    Creatine
    Thats all you need right now, this should get you on track

3) And what about cardio wise, would I have to stop burning such a high number of calories in order to put on some weight?
    Most Definitly, your hitting the cardio way too much if you wana add some serious muscle, Id drop it to around 3 times a week for 30-50 minutes at MOST. Hell alot of guys would do even less but 3 seems good enough to keep the fat off, make sure your doing 30-50 mins at about %75 of your maximum heart rate so your burning fat and not precious muscle

And congrats on the weight loss bro, Sheet, losing 50 pounds was a bitch and you more than tripled that, props

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY
    It usually takes me about 65-70 minutes. I dont even think its good to burn that much in a day but I do it about 6-7 times a week.
    I use to do that earlier in my career...during my contest prep...so i can understand (i use to do 2 hours some days)

I no longer do that amount tho...IMO it isn't productive...or necessary. I no longer do more than 1 hr...

To maintain your current weight...or to stay lean while putting on some muscle i don't think you need to do more than three 45-minutes session per week.

In regards to your diet...you need to tell us what it looks like currently before we assess and tweak it.

A good place to start would be to make sure you're currently getting at least 1gr of protein per pound of your current bodyweight... 1 gr of carbs per pound of your current LBM...and about .3 grams of fat per lb of your current bodyweight.

Next...with that done...shoot for 1.35 grams of protein per lb bodyweight...while keeping the other mcaros the same.

That should aide you in your quest.

Shoot for 14 calories per pound of lean bodyweight...and you should start to gain.

~Nark

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY
    I used to weight 306lbs. and then I decided to lose it all and I ended up losing it all. I lost 151 lbs. and i currently weight 155 and im about 6' ft tall so im pretty lean. I had lots excess skin on my stomach from the massive weight loss so I ended up getting a tummy tuck last year to get rid of all that shit. Now I look amazing and Im havent eatin any junk food for the last 4 years. I always stay on my very strict diet and I work out 6-7 times a week and I usually burn 800-1000 calories when i do cardio. Im addicted too it!!!

Anyways, I lost it all then decided to get the surgery. So about 3-4 months before my surgery I was working out twice a day. Doing my cardio in the early morning around 5 am everyday and then right after school at 12 am I would go back and do weights. And I mean i did this straight for 120 days and prolly only missed 3 days to the most. So I was trying to put on some muscle before the surgery because I knew I would be out of commission for about 6-8 weeks without doing anything and I would really lose more weight.

Im only 19 and I weigh 155lbs. Now I wanna gain some lean muscle without any fat. But I am to afraid to start eating more to gain because im afraid im gonna gain some fat even though Im working out. (i dunno I guess its a mental thing you have after being overweight).

Please Help Me Out!!!
    Just before u follow any advice given....what are your goals....
    how much muscle are we talking???
    and is that he only thing u care bout....or does preformance...strength matter???

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]

i was obese too so i relate

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAY View Post

Please Help Me Out!!!
    hi brother,i lost 135 lbs but i had gbp surgery,i'm 44 yrs old.dude at 6ft and only 155 you may be too thin!i relate to not wanting to fall back on the old eating habits,i don't eat enough to be able to put on the muscle mass i want,right now i'm at 197 (this morning) ,i had help,nudge nudge wink wink,when i got into the gym and i gotta say i was able to keep from having loose skin,plus i went crazy with the weight lifting,i'm talking obsessed and monster sessions even 2 a days,which i no longer do,any way getting to the point..you may want to research certain "supplements" to help you build without going overboard with your eating...anyway congrats on changing your life at such an early age...post pics so we can see the results!take care

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    I hope you know this thread is 2 years old...

Thread Information