SexyKitty is offline Female Vet

Sick while Cutting

Well I woke up this morning totally sick. Weak, sore muscles, sore throat, fever etc. I'm not totally surprised, whenever I clean up my diet like this I tend to get sick.

What do you guys do if you get sick while cutting? Do you eat the exact same? Do you do am cardio? Weights?

I took a break this morning from cardio but will start up again tomorrow. I am eating the exact same, only a little less since I'm not moving and I'm throwing down the vit c like crazy. Any other suggestions???

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I too was sick for the last 5 days!!!! feeling better...

upp the vitamin C take like 15 grams...10 g glutamine and bump the whey intake

btw i checked ur pics out...looking hot.....

Sick for 5 days! Fvck that sucks, I'm hoping this will pass by tomorrow but I feel so guilty just lying here, I feel like I'm wasting precious cutting time.

Saw the pics eh? Just wait till 14 weeks from now, I'm hoping that they'll be 20lbs less on that frame. But thanks for the nice words.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    vitamin c!! get to bowel tollerance and stich with it, that will make you get better almost instantly. Dont waste precious time beeing sic when its not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    vitamin c!! get to bowel tollerance and stich with it, that will make you get better almost instantly. Dont waste precious time beeing sic when its not needed.
    Well I've upped the vit c, gonna take more but should I be taking it all at once, throughout the day or does it even matter?

you should a new title..."The Vit-C GOD"

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Well I've upped the vit c, gonna take more but should I be taking it all at once, throughout the day or does it even matter?
    I think it stays active newhere from 6-12 hrs...not sure tho....id divide them evenly between meals....cept for pwo shake...

do it like this.

consume 5 grams every 30 minutes until you get dihareea. that is your bowel tolerance dosage. stick with a bit below that dosage every day until you are healthy. If you get worse you need to up dosage even more since bowel tolerance can increase ALOT when sic.

spread the dosaes as evenly as possible. Since the sicness has already progressed I bet your boweltolerance is like 30-40 grams. so atleast 2 grams every hour is cool.

If its a viral disease you might notice all symptoms going away in hours. But stick with the dosage for a few days otherwise you will get sic again.

what kind of vitamin c do you have? only sodium ascorbate or ascorbic acid should be used in this manner.

when you consume lots of vitamin c half of it is excreted withhin 30 minutes so you need to get it into your system regulary. Preferably when asleep as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    you should a new title..."The Vit-C GOD"
    like I said before, if I could marry a vitamin I would have proposed to lady c a long time ago.

30-40g??!!!! Holy shitt, I hope they sell vit c in bulk, or I'm gonna go broke

I do have ascorbic acid vit c. Good thing I didnt go to work today if I have to take this stuff till I have diarhea. Nothing worse than having the shitts and having to use a public toilet.

Question, does caffeine prevent or inhibit absorption of vit c?

lol they have cheap powders. I have found insanely cheap sodium ascorbate powder over there. 3ibs for 40 bucks or something like that.

never read anything that would suggest coffein effects ascorbic acid abosrbation. ascorbic acid is transported by the same mechanism as glucose(they are very similar chemicaly and even compete for absorbation).

only thing that will lower vitamin c absorbation is alot of high gi carbs.

lol they have cheap powders. I have found insanely cheap sodium ascorbate powder over there. 3ibs for 40 bucks or something like that.

never read anything that would suggest coffein effects ascorbic acid abosrbation. ascorbic acid is transported by the same mechanism as glucose(they are very similar chemicaly and even compete for absorbation).

only thing that will lower vitamin c absorbation is alot of high gi carbs.

OK, cool. Was just wonderin cause it does affect aborption of some minerals, e.g calcium and I drink a lot of coffee so I didnt want to be counterproductive.

yeah coffein is the devil

here is the cheap jar of sodium ascorbate. stock up for future needs

http://www.iherb.com/sodiumascor.html

smegs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I too was sick for the last 5 days!!!! feeling better...

upp the vitamin C take like 15 grams...10 g glutamine and bump the whey intake

btw i checked ur pics out...looking hot.....

15 grams of vc? i would never utilize that much in a day, i dont think having that much ascorbic acid is veary healthy, what is the purpose of that much?

if you're sick, do what your body wants - REST, the reason why you're sick is b/c you body is fighting off what was there.

Quote Originally Posted by smegs
    15 grams of vc? i would never utilize that much in a day, i dont think having that much ascorbic acid is veary healthy, what is the purpose of that much?

if you're sick, do what your body wants - REST, the reason why you're sick is b/c you body is fighting off what was there.
    ohh boy here we go again

ascorbate by Dr Steve Hickey

Vitamin c and the comon cold by Linus Pauling

Vitamin c, infectious disease and toxins, curing the incurable by Dr Thomas Levy

read those 3 books and then come back.

also here is a good reference even though it doesnt use the high dosages the above books or I suggest.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...83&query_hl=22

Im not gonna debate safety again, all Im gonna say is that there is very few substances known to man that is as safe as ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate.

If you dont want to use 15grams of vitamin c/day well thats your problem. But the evidence is overwhelming that dosages above and beyond that can COMPLETELY cure viral disease within hours. Even very serious diseases like Polio can be completely cured within days. But that requires hundrads of grams daily through iv. But a comon cold or even a bad flu can be cured quickly and easily and in a very safe manner by megadosing vitamin c.

Mega dosages of vitamin c prevents virus from multiplying. It can even beat back(not cure it though) HIV as effectivly as the best medicines we have aviable.

btw a comon flu that is left untreated can requrie as much as 100 grams before bowel tolerance(the active theurapetic dose)is reached. 15 grams is just a drop in the ocean.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    BTW Johan, just bought a shitload of Vit C at Costco this past weekend.

cool bro how much did it cost?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    couple buck, not getting crazy like you but I'm def upping my daily Vit C dose! We'll see if makes a difference.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Holy shit..... 30-40g of vitamin C???

giantz read the e-book I just mailed you

thats right LMO. Most think its nuts but there is so much medical litterature that supports massive dosage of vitamin c to prevent and cure diseases or relive the symptoms.

Thread Information