Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    497

    Food and Sleep............

    Does it really matter how close to bed you last pro/fat meal is? Say you train late and only have a PW shake prior to bed. WOuld it be detremental or inhibit fat storage by eating a nice size meal a few minutes before you crash>

  2. #2
    stocky121's Avatar
    stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    england/north east
    Posts
    10,011
    i have some low fat cheese before i hit the sack

  3. #3
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    Does it really matter how close to bed you last pro/fat meal is?
    no...

    Say you train late and only have a PW shake prior to bed. WOuld it be detremental or inhibit fat storage by eating a nice size meal a few minutes before you crash
    I dont get this....
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 08-02-2005 at 07:28 AM.

  4. #4
    Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    497
    Thanks for the response and my apologies if I wasn't clear. Here's the situation. I train about 6pm-7pm.......get my shake in about 7:30. By the time I make it home, feed the pooch, shower, get shit together it's about 9pm and I literally crash (from exhaustion and due to the fact I'm up again at 5am) at 9:15. So, I've been having about 1/2 cup of dry curd cc and about 30-40 peanuts minutes before I zonk out....does this fudge up digestion? Will it lead to fat storage since I zonk out right after? Thanks.........

  5. #5
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    Thanks for the response and my apologies if I wasn't clear. Here's the situation. I train about 6pm-7pm.......get my shake in about 7:30. By the time I make it home, feed the pooch, shower, get shit together it's about 9pm and I literally crash (from exhaustion and due to the fact I'm up again at 5am) at 9:15. So, I've been having about 1/2 cup of dry curd cc and about 30-40 peanuts minutes before I zonk out....does this fudge up digestion? Will it lead to fat storage since I zonk out right after? Thanks.........
    mmm....after ur shake bout 1-1.5 hrs....that would be around....8:30-9:00

    have some brown rice and chicken...with no fat

    make sure u get mono , poly , efas and saturated fats in the early meals

    bro , i think ur diet needs some work....post it up....wut r u doing rite now?
    bulking , cutting , maintaing ,preformance???

  6. #6
    Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    mmm....after ur shake bout 1-1.5 hrs....that would be around....8:30-9:00

    have some brown rice and chicken...with no fat

    make sure u get mono , poly , efas and saturated fats in the early meals

    bro , i think ur diet needs some work....post it up....wut r u doing rite now?
    bulking , cutting , maintaing ,preformance???
    Trying for lean bulk.............
    530 - LIGHT, LIGHT 35 MINUTE BRISK WALK

    700 - 3/4 cup cut oats
    225g of dry curd cottage chesse with a few pieces of fruit
    1 cup egg whites

    9:45
    2 pieces of whole wheat bread
    2tb of ANPB
    50g whey shake

    1230
    3 servings (about 100g carbs) whole wheat pasta
    10oz chicken breast, steamed veggies, large salad

    300
    225 dry curd cc with few pieces of fruit
    1 can of tuna, 1/2 apple


    600
    TRAIN

    730
    myoplex MRP, 1 banana, small salad, carrots, etc.

    900
    225 dry curd cottage cheese w/ myoplex carb sense bar or 30-40 peanuts/almonds

    915
    bed

    GOT TO BE CLOSE TO 4,000 CALS.........6'2, 175, 7-8%BF

  7. #7
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    I'd be eating a 2nd PWO meal at that time, not a pro/fat one.

    ~SC~

  8. #8
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    Trying for lean bulk.............
    530 - LIGHT, LIGHT 35 MINUTE BRISK WALK

    700 - 3/4 cup cut oats
    225g of dry curd cottage chesse with a few pieces of fruit
    1 cup egg whites

    wuts dry curd???
    9:45
    2 pieces of whole wheat bread
    2tb of ANPB
    50g whey shake

    dont mix the carbs and fat...isnt that 2tb of PB??

    1230
    3 servings (about 100g carbs) whole wheat pasta
    10oz chicken breast, steamed veggies, large salad


    300
    225 dry curd cc with few pieces of fruit
    1 can of tuna, 1/2 apple


    600
    TRAIN

    730
    myoplex MRP, 1 banana, small salad, carrots, etc.

    when ur out of myoplex get some whey isolate..from allthewhey.com

    900
    225 dry curd cottage cheese w/ myoplex carb sense bar or 30-40 peanuts/almonds


    915
    bed

    GOT TO BE CLOSE TO 4,000 CALS.........6'2, 175, 7-8%BF
    ok u need to meausre ur food intake using a digital scale...and determine ur calorie intake....diet is good but needs some work.....read the 2 bulking stickies....i know its a hassle and time consuming...but it works....

  9. #9
    Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    497
    Dry curd is 10x better than norm. cc............one tub is about 400 cals, 80g of pro, 4 carbs and 2g of sugar.........I eat 1/2 each meal........

    what would you change? SC - you said pro/carb, but it's 2 secs before bed.........fat slows the digestion of protein, no? WHy would I want carbs to go to bed?

  10. #10
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    what would you change? SC - you said pro/carb, but it's 2 secs before bed.........fat slows the digestion of protein, no? WHy would I want carbs to go to bed?

    Simply put:

    If you have performed an activity (weight training) that demands you replinish glycogen stores and begin the recovery process (pwo meals), it does not matter what time of the day you eat those meals, even before bed. Reason being, those nutrients will be used for recovery/repair, and will not be stored as fat.

    Where people screw the pooch, is having TOO MUCH in their 2nd pwo meal right before bed, and too much of anything at ANY time is going to be stored as fat. So, make sure the amounts you ingest are correct for your stature/goals, and you'll be good to go.

    ~SC~

  11. #11
    Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    497
    gotcha......so would go oats, dex and whey in my first shake then peanuts/almonds and cc just before bed???

    Do you eat close to sleep?

  12. #12
    Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    497
    any other thoughts?

  13. #13
    simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    288
    swole is the god damn man!

  14. #14
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    gotcha......so would go oats, dex and whey in my first shake then peanuts/almonds and cc just before bed???
    You said "gotcha", but then you listed peanuts/almonds/cc as your 2nd pwo meal.



    ~SC~

  15. #15
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    swole is the god damn man!
    Thanks!

    ~SC~

  16. #16
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    gotcha......so would go oats, dex and whey in my first shake then peanuts/almonds and cc just before bed???

    Do you eat close to sleep?
    I think you missed the point

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •