KingMike is offline Associate Member

cutting...refeed every 4th day?

I follow a 1 on, 1 off split. Mrning cardio every morning and I do abs and 20 minutes bike at 65% on non lift days. I getting 2400 calories on lift days and 2200 on non. I only have carbs on lift days via pwo and ppwo at 48 grams a clip from smarties and matlto meal or,basmatti rice or yam. I do not like to cheat anymore or have a huge carb day. I was wanting to run this plan straight through for 12 weeks but I already feel really depleted. How harmful would a main. calorie day of oats,rice, and yams be every 4th day along with 8 grams of RALA/BIOTIN. My diet is perfect as opf now, I do not want to jack it up.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Depending on how lean you are, you may indeed need a refeed every four days or so. Whats you BF%?

No sure, I have my damn loose skin to deal with so I figure what the hell. I am 6 foot 185 pounds. I figure about 15%, I can see my ribs and shit.

Oh no, not at 15% would I do a refeed every 4th day. Once a week for right now as you get leaner you will need to increase refeeds. When you are trying to get below your setpoint.

mitch911 is offline Member
    so basically a carb-up day ?

Yes, in so many words

what is ur reasoning behind this...im running the same type of diet with the lowcarb ..none on non lifts and pwo ppwo tot****g 130 carbs that day so im interested

I just hate not having full muscles I guess. If it all boiled down to calories I thought a day of clean carbs and protein every 4th or 5th day that did not go above my required activity for that day would be ok, maybe not. I thought like carbs and protein for 3 meals and efa and protein for the other 3 tot****g about 2800 calories. Do that every 4 or 5 days and have not carb up day or cheat days for 12 weeks.

yea being depleted sucks...but i think its worth it,,cuz when u loose the fat u want to get rid of and get your norm amount of carbs u fill out nicely

Thread Information