KingMike is offline Associate Member

PWO carbs on CKD?

My buddy is new to the game and just bulked up for 4 months and want sto run a CKD. I told him there are better ways but he insists. He read that you are supposed to have 10-20 grams of carbs after workout or HIIT cardio. Is this true? RALA sure would help him out if he does this. I ran CKD for 4 months without the POW carbs and got real lean but also got real small.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I hav never heard of CKD. Would you mind explaining it?

Monday - Friday 70-80% fat calories and the rest protein and under 20 grams of carbs daily. Carb load over weekend.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    A true CKD has no pwo carbs, no.

CKD's are old school, and their original creation was neat because it introduced new ideas/theories when it comes to dieting and losing bodyfat. However, with a few adustments to that core approach, you can attain something far superior to a CKD both in the addition of lean mass AND in fat loss, which was/is the initial goal.

~SC~

If you did a ckd type diet but cut the fat down per meal to about 20 grams and brought the protein up to about 50 a meal and had carbs only after a workout would you still need a refeed or carb load day?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Adding in Carbs PWO in a CKD would eliminate it being a CKD, then you'd be running a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet.

Just tell him to suck it up for 5.5 days and he can have his carbs.

He want sto know if he would be better off with no high carb days and just eat high protein, moderate fat and about 150-200 carbs within 2 hours after working out. He would only have carbs after workouts for 8-12 weeks. Can he do this without a high carb day?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    He's best to follow the exact CKD diet, which everone he follows, he should do what is stated.

Thread Information