Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    gio86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    650

    Exclamation lift-cardio-pwo???

    I am currintly bulking...and even tho i have always lifted weights and then do cardio i still drink my pwo shake right when i get home from the gym which is 10-15 mins away.....now i was just wondering if i should be drinking pwo shakes on cardio day or just on my ONLY lifting days???

  2. #2
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Don't do cardio with weights. Seriously, I'd suggest switching it up.

    Either do it in the morning, or on your non-training days. JMO.

    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=143608

  3. #3
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    lifting days only

  4. #4
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Don't do cardio with weights. Seriously, I'd suggest switching it up.

    Either do it in the morning, or on your non-training days. JMO.

    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=143608
    yeah its a bit better but not THAT big of a difference....nice thread btw

  5. #5
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    why is cardio after the weights bad? is it the meal that you intake after you do the workout? i am still a little bit unclear.
    As was previously stated in the thread:

    Cardio after weights is pretty pointless. You cut into recovery time from an anaerobic activity by introducing an aerobic activity.
    Secondly, you MUST ingest a simple carb/protein shake (dex/pro) after working out, so as soon as you step off the cardio machine and down that shake, you immediately blunt lipolysis. (Fat burning stops cold!
    )
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...5&postcount=50

  6. #6
    gio86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    650
    ok thats no problem...i can do only cardio days...I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO AM CARDIO for 2 reason ONE i need my sleep and i wake up early to work and 2 i have already tried that and it didnt work for me at all it JUST STUNT MY GROWTH.
    ok so forget am cardio for me now how long should i do cardio on cardio days??? 30 mins? 45?? im currently bulking

  7. #7
    gio86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    650
    maybe i can have one day am cardio but that would be about it. i really didnt like doing that to much.

  8. #8
    collar's Avatar
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,192
    45 minutes should be fine

  9. #9
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by gio86
    ok thats no problem...i can do only cardio days...I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO AM CARDIO for 2 reason ONE i need my sleep and i wake up early to work and 2 i have already tried that and it didnt work for me at all it JUST STUNT MY GROWTH.
    ok so forget am cardio for me now how long should i do cardio on cardio days??? 30 mins? 45?? im currently bulking
    If you need your sleep, simply go to bed earlier. Realize also that some sacrifies do need to be made to achieve those goals. As far as stunting growth, that would have nothing to do w/cardio but would have everything to do with your nutritional protocol and approach. A staple of my clients is a.m. cardio for 45 mins at 65-75% of their MHR, and the LAST thing they complain about is "stunted growth".

    ~SC~

  10. #10
    collar's Avatar
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,192
    maybe he means like muscle growth.....
    but if he talking bout stunted growth...
    i dont see how cardio has anything to do with that...

  11. #11
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    I generally always do my cardio after weight-training...and ingest my PWO shake after that.

    I think the ineffectiveness is overblown and highly debatable.

  12. #12
    buja's Avatar
    buja is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    75
    Are there any prefs on what to do for cardio. I alwyas see a guy who competes doing the stair stepper. Is there a difference in machines used or what type? Just looking for preferences or opinions. Also how many days would you say to do cardio a week if i am lifting 4 or 5 days?

  13. #13
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by buja
    Are there any prefs on what to do for cardio. I alwyas see a guy who competes doing the stair stepper. Is there a difference in machines used or what type? Just looking for preferences or opinions. Also how many days would you say to do cardio a week if i am lifting 4 or 5 days?
    You have to outline your goals first so people can understand wtf you are trying to accomplish.

    ~SC~

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •