Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rotary is offline Associate Member

Best Appetite Suppressant for a Lard Butt?

I know that's not the best way to lose fat. I've tried the better diets out there but those don't work for me. I need something that's going to drop lots of weight fairly quick. I don't care about losing some muscle if I can just drop some weight. I'm talking 80lbs here. I'm in a rut and need something badly.

Any ideas of something that will kill my appetite?

Thanks for not flaming me, hopefully.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Do a fast

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Do a fast
    I would never recomend fasting to anyone unless you want willing grind your metabolism to a hault. As for dropping weight quickly, the faster you lose it the faster and more it will come back. You lose muscle, then you lose calorie burning tissue, so when you gain your weight back you'll gain more and you'll be even fatter BF% wise. If you really want to lose weight, slow and steady wins the race. Then you can keep it off. Hoodia is supposedly a very appitite suppresant as well as an ECA stack. Do not crash diet, and if you decide not to listen to anyone here, come back and let us know how much weight you regain, and how your body compostion changes.
    Last edited by Giantz11; 08-08-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    personally, when i drink coffee, it suppresses my appetite...

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I would never recomend fasting to anyone unless you want willing grind your metabolism to a hault. As for dropping weight quickly, the faster you lose it the faster and more it will come back. You lose muscle, then you lose calorie burning tissue, so when you gain your weight back you'll gain more and you'll be even fatter BF% wise. If you really want to lose weight, slow and steady wins the race. Then you can keep it off. Hoodia is supposedly a very appitite suppresant as well as an ECA stack. Do not crash diet, and if you decide not to listen to anyone here, come back and let us know how much weight you regain, and how your body compostion changes.
    Dude, I've tried the slow and steady numerous times...... I'm not going to lie. I'm not motivated enough. I need that extra help to get me moving and I think a nice weight loss will help me get going again.

If you eat less than you expend, you will lose weight. However if you are just looking to drop weight and don't care about muscle, you body comp will look like shit and you'll just be skinny fat. And the rebound will be terrible. If its just a lack of motivation then you will never accomplish anything.

If you eat less than you expend, you will lose weight. However if you are just looking to drop weight and don't care about muscle, you body comp will look like shit and you'll just be skinny fat. And the rebound will be terrible. If its just a lack of motivation then you will never accomplish anything.
    Common man, to say I'll never accomplish anything? What the hell!

I need to loss in weight to get me motivated. Is that so hard to understand? I didn't make this thread to get bashed. I'm only asking for a good appetite suppressant product.

Anyone with help?

Gave you two.

Hey I will reccommend a fast whenever I damn well please! Fasting is healthy, and if he's a "lard butt", he will rid his body of toxins as well as lose weight. Fasting is a fine way to lose weight while ridding your body of toxins/all that crap we've all ate in our lives. And listen, if you went on a fast and came off of it, eating a new better diet, you'd be where you want to be a lot quicker!

www.freedomyou.com

Gave you two.
    Yes, I know you did and thank you!

I'm going to hit up GNC or walgreens and try this hoodia.

You have a lot to learn buddy. You post me a link to some hippy juice fasting website, you gotta be kidding me dude. Do you have any clue as to what the **** you are saying.

Yes, I know you did and thank you!

I'm going to hit up GNC or walgreens and try this hoodia.
    I have heard that it suppresses appitite very well, its def worth a try,

You have a lot to learn buddy. You post me a link to some hippy juice fasting website, you gotta be kidding me dude. Do you have any clue as to what the **** you are saying.
    Oh ok, tell me what you know about fasting

you apparently dont know much about it but youre telling me that i dont know what i'm saying? I would never give this guy, or anyone else any advice if I wasnt very educated on what I am saying...Unless I say "I'm not sure..but I THINK ___ " , if i dont say that, then I am not going off of an educated guess. I went on a 20 day fast. I felt great on the fast, and my muscles came to the same size within about 20 days. My dad did a 90 day cleanse when he was fat as a younger kid, he has never been fat since then, a very muscular guy. My sister is on a fast right now....so I think I know what I'm talking about
    Last edited by _Tiger_; 08-08-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Why don't you try and learn something for yourself instead of giving somone some bullshit link or having someone sppon feed you. Obviously you have no idea about the stavation reponse and the decrease in overall metabolism, or the increased dependence on muscle tissue for energy. Bro if you are going to tell someone to fast you better know what the **** you are talking about and not just post some bullshit link.

Lol ok let me take care of your pre-judgements real quick

yes, your metabolism slows down..but you lose weight very quickly

yes, you lose muscles, they come back very quickly afterwards

and if you dont eat sh*tty after that, you wont gain fat (how could you?) its an excellent way to clean yourself out and rid fat as well. dont tell me that i dont know what i'm talking about.

dood, Giant, don't even bother...i mean, just look at that kid...yeah, you're a lean 'lil shit, but it doesnt look like your muscles have rebounded worth a crap...go jump on some newage forum hippie...

I can't belive this kid is tryin to talk to me about fasting.

yes, your metabolism slows down..but you lose weight very quickly

yes, you lose muscles, they come back very quickly afterwards
    These are all thing you NEVER want, ever not when dieting especially.

Effect of starvation on human muscle protein metabolism and its response to insulin .

Fryburg DA, Barrett EJ, Louard RJ, Gelfand RA.

Yale Clinical Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510.

Although starvation is known to impair insulin-stimulated glucose disposal, whether it also induces resistance to insulin's antiproteolytic action on muscle is unknown. To assess the effect of fasting on muscle protein turnover in the basal state and in response to insulin, we measured forearm amino acid kinetics, using [3H]phenylalanine (Phe) and [14C]leucine (Leu) infused systemically, in eight healthy subjects after 12 (postabsorptive) and 60 h of fasting. After a 150-min basal period, forearm local insulin concentration was selectively raised by approximately 25 muU/ml for 150 min by intra-arterial insulin infusion (0.02 mU.kg-1. min-1). The 60-h fast increased urine nitrogen loss and whole body Leu flux and oxidation (by 50-75%, all P less than 0.02). Post-absorptively, forearm muscle exhibited a net release of Phe and Leu, which increased two- to threefold after the 60-h fast (P less than 0.05); this effect was mediated exclusively by accelerated local rates of amino acid appearance (Ra), with no reduction in rates of disposal (Rd). Local hyperinsulinemia in the postabsorptive condition caused a twofold increase in forearm glucose uptake (P less than 0.01) and completely suppressed the net forearm output of Phe and Leu (P less than 0.02). After the 60-h fast, forearm glucose disposal was depressed basally and showed no response to insulin; in contrast, insulin totally abolished the accelerated net forearm release of Phe and Leu. The action of insulin to reverse the augmented net release of Phe and Leu was mediated exclusively by approximately 40% suppression of Ra (P less than 0.02) rather than a stimulation of Rd. We conclude that in short-term fasted humans 1) muscle amino acid output accelerates due to increased proteolysis rather than reduced protein synthesis, and 2) despite its catabolic state and a marked impairment in insulin-mediated glucose disposal, muscle remains sensitive to insulin's antiproteolytic action.

Starving and fasting differ. Anyway, obviously I'm not convincing you of anything, nor does that concern me. I want the guy who posted this to check out the link I posted and see for himself. If he's not down with it, then thats totally cool. It's something that has worked for me and people I know and so I advise him to look into it. That's it.

Starving and fasting differ
    How so??

Let me PM you because I'm not gonna fight on this guys thread

Tiger--damn son, when you fast, you do not eat, and when you do not eat, your body STARVES...it really isnt rocket science...please tell me you understand

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Lets keep the fighting and shit off the public board, k?

Personally, I have to say that fasting is not going to do ANYTHING for this gentleman's concern at all. It will cleanse the body, yes, but that's a huge non-sequitor regarding the thread starter's concerns.

~SC~

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    I agree 100% bro.

Tiger, you need to get off your soapbox with your opinated crap and bogus links. You've been on this board for two months and you already badgering people. Like giantz said if he wants to maintain any type of body comp then fasting is not the way to go. My advice to you is sit back and listen because you have a lot to learn.

-SHRED

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I agree, I've seen SeanStew or Tiger or whatever his name is (changes about as much as his avatar does) dish out some really WHACK advice in threads, but I have chosen not to correct him because I don't want to sound like a parent or like I am talking down to anyone. However, I may have to start correcting him because some of the things he says are very mis-leading.

~SC~

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    dood, Giant, don't even bother...i mean, just look at that kid...yeah, you're a lean 'lil shit, but it doesnt look like your muscles have rebounded worth a crap...go jump on some newage forum hippie...

Mogambo is offline New Member
    Bro, just stick with eca twice a day and you'l have to force yourself to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogambo
    Bro, just stick with eca twice a day and you'l have to force yourself to eat.
    I've been doing eca stacks since 1994-1995. I was hoping not to get back on them right now. It only last 2 weeks or so with me anyhow.

I just want something to help me get the weight down, from there I can work my muscle back in. That's what my plan is atleast.

Don't think I will just take the appetite supp and not workout, BECAUSE I WILL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary
    I've been doing eca stacks since 1994-1995. I was hoping not to get back on them right now. It only last 2 weeks or so with me anyhow.

I just want something to help me get the weight down, from there I can work my muscle back in. That's what my plan is atleast.

Don't think I will just take the appetite supp and not workout, BECAUSE I WILL!

I am a strong believer in slow steady weight loss, as I have seen how detrimental and short term fast weight loss can be, however since you are not asking about this I will not "preach".

I am not usually an advocate for these drugs as they can have some nasty side effects, but have you tried asking your doctor for Meridia or Xenical? In short, Meridia speeds up the satiety signal, e.g. it works on the CNS so you feel full sooner and cannot eat as much, whereas Xenical is a fat blocker. There is plenty of info on the internet on both of these drugs.

They are prescription only, are not cheap and must be used with proper diet and excercise for maximum results. When used properly they are safe and are reommended for people who have a significant amount of weight to lose. They are not miracle pills but will help if you are also willing to do some work.

BTW, I'm not suggesting you ask your doctor for both. Usually they would prescribe one or the other, I am not sure if they should be used in combo therapy, have never looked into this.

Sexykitty, thanks for the advice.

I'll check into this and see if that's something I can afford.

deuce-is-loose is offline Associate Member
    I dont think he does

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary
    Sexykitty, thanks for the advice.

I'll check into this and see if that's something I can afford.
    werd bro.

listen to the people with results...and you'll soon follow my friend.

Take care and good luck to ya.

zoso428 is offline Associate Member
    i clicked on that webstie and started laughing out loud at work.......God damn hippies

Going to pick up some "hoodia supreme" tonight from walgreens. Lets see how much muscle and fat I can lose I'm suck a loser!

Well, picked up some "Hoodia Supreme" tonight, it's 400mg. Bought it at walgreens for 40 smackers. Going to start tommorow and see if it can kill o'l fat boy's craving

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    ECA, or just caffeine, lots of water, small frequent meals, maybe some adipex if you can get it...

Fasting WILL lead to FAST weight loss, but at least 50% of that will be muscle, which is not good, but if muscle building isn't your goal I guess go for it. And I'm sire you know about the jo-jo effekt.

jo-jo effekt
    Is that when you start singing gay ass songs like "All my Life"!!! Lol.

j/k, I know you meant Yo-Yo effect!

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information