Thread: Diet For Dad

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member

Diet For Dad

OK, my Dad started dieting and exercising 6 months ago and has gone from 215 to 200 but now he is stuck. He is 5'8" and wants to get down to 185 but wants to be muscular. I would say he is about 20% bf right now. Here is the diet I am thinking of putting him on:

Lean Proteins: Egg whites, red meat, skinless chicken, fish
    Low GI Carbs: Oatmeal w/fruit, veggies, yams, brown rice
    Fats: Flax Oil, Olive Oil
    Supps: Low Carb Protein Shake, PWO Shake

Meal 1 - P + C
    Meal 2 - P + F
    WORKOUT
    Meal 3 - PWO Shake
    Meal 4 - P + F
    Meal 5 - P + F

My Dad is a great cook. I am thinking he can cook his meats with Olive Oil, then take 2 tblsp. of Flax with each P+F meal for a total of 6 tblsp (too much?). Also, he is a big fan of eggs. Would it be bad if he had say 6 egg whites and 1 or 2 whole eggs in the morning? Or should he avoid the yolk entirely? Any other thoughts?

Forgot to add, I am going to tell him to have a cheat meal once a week as well.
    Last edited by SprinterOne; 08-08-2005 at 11:37 PM.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne

Lean Proteins: Egg whites, red meat, skinless chicken, fish
    Low GI Carbs: Oatmeal w/fruit, veggies, yams, brown rice
    Fats: Flax Oil, Olive Oil
    Supps: Low Carb Protein Shake, PWO Shake

Meal 1 - P + C
    Meal 2 - P + F
    WORKOUT
    Meal 3 - PWO Shake
    Meal 4 - P + F
    Meal 5 - P + F

My Dad is a great cook. I am thinking he can cook his meats with Olive Oil, then take 2 tblsp. of Flax with each P+F meal for a total of 6 tblsp (too much?). Also, he is a big fan of eggs. Would it be bad if he had say 6 egg whites and 1 or 2 whole eggs in the morning? Or should he avoid the yolk entirely? Any other thoughts?

Forgot to add, I am going to tell him to have a cheat meal once a week as well.
    Looks decent 'cept for a few things:

1. 6 tbsp is too much fat.
    2. Meal 4 should be a P+C meal
    3. 6 meals allow more lee way than 5 meals... He's less likely to feel hungry on 6 meals... so it'd be advisable to spread his nutrient intake out to facilitate 6 meals.

On your egg question...he should avoid the yolk in meal one...He could skip using eggs in the first meal altogether and simply use eggs in meal 2: three eggwhites to one whole egg...the pro/fat meal...

in addition: When calculating his food intake...used his 'desired bodyweight' as his LBM in your calculations.

Good luck....wish MY dad wanted to get in shape

Well, it was hard enough getting him to have 5 meals a day. I convinced him by telling him that 1 meal would be the pwo shake and the other would be a protein shake with some flax, he seemed to be OK with that.

How many tblsp of flax, 4? 2?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    Well, it was hard enough getting him to have 5 meals a day. I convinced him by telling him that 1 meal would be the pwo shake and the other would be a protein shake with some flax, he seemed to be OK with that.

How many tblsp of flax, 4? 2?
    'k...i thought that would've been the prob.

5 meals are fine then.

Um...how many tbsp of flax depends on his dietary needs.

If he's pan-frying his meats in olive oil...using 1 tbsp of olive oil..then he should'nt use, additionally, more than 1 tbsp of flax per meal.

1 tbsp of oil is 14 grams of fat by the way..so it adds up.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    That's cool your helpin your dad out Sprinter! Hope he sees great results.

lol it's funny, I always think of you (Sprinter) as being the black dude in your other avatar. And apparently this isnt so... sneaky white boy

That isn't me in that avatar either. I just like to honor those who sprint. And ya, I wish I was the black dude in my old avatar, it would mean I was the fastest man in history.

Thread Information