SexyKitty is offline Female Vet

How long is too long before AM Cardio?

Ok, I hope this isnt a stupid question, I just need to make sure I'm not fukking up my diet and fat loss.

During the week, I wake up, make my double espresso, get dressed and go do my am cardio. So basically I'm doing it right away, about 15 minutes after I get up.

On the weekends though I get lazy sometimes, I like to relax, so I get up, make a pot of coffee and iether read the newspaper, get on the computer (like now) or watch some TV, and slowly drink my coffee, but I still dont eat. I'm just so tired and depleted that I like to laze about before doing cardio. Sometime I do this for like 2 HOURS! So what I'm asking, is if I lie around for 2 hours before doing am cardio, can this fukk things up in anyway? e.g. increase catabolism? slow down my metabolism? I really dont know how bad this is, or if it's bad at all, I just dont want to be screwing with my fat loss cause it's been going quite well so far.
    Last edited by SexyKitty; 08-13-2005 at 09:42 AM.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Ok, I hope this isnt a stupid question, I just need to make sure I'm not fukking up my diet and fat loss.

During the week, I wake up, make my double espresso, get dressed and go do my am cardio. So basically I'm doing it right away, about 15 minutes after I get up.

On the weekends though I get lazy sometimes, I like to relax, so I get up, make a pot of coffee and iether read the newspaper, get on the computer (like now) or watch some TV, and slowly drink my coffee, but I still dont eat. I'm just so tired and depleted that I like to laze about before doing cardio. Sometime I do this for like 2 HOURS! So what I'm asking, is if I lie around for 2 hours before doing am cardio, can this fukk things up in anyway? e.g. increase catabolism? slow down my metabolism? I really dont know how bad this is, or if it's bad at all, I just dont want to be screwing with my fat loss cause it's been going quite well so far.
    Stop being so damn lazy jk

I have no deffinate proof , but I wouldnt wanna add to my 8-9 hrs of not eating and making them 10-11...I wouldnt do that really..NO...but if you aint losing strength/muscle...I think its ok...
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Stop being so damn lazy jk

I have no deffinate proof , but I wouldnt wanna add to my 8-9 hrs of not eating and making them 10-11...I wouldnt do that really..NO...but if you aint losing strength/muscle...I think its ok...
    good luck

I've been on my cutting diet for 4 weeks now. And thankfully, I havnt lost any strength at all. Honestly I should just avoid turning on the damn computer on the weekends.....that's what slows me down in the morning, it's like it puts me in a trance and I can't pull myself away. Well, I guess even if I'm not doing any harm I'm gonna try to stop doing this for the sheer fact that I'm wasting precious time on my weekends.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    I've been on my cutting diet for 4 weeks now. And thankfully, I havnt lost any strength at all. Honestly I should just avoid turning on the damn computer on the weekends.....that's what slows me down in the morning, it's like it puts me in a trance and I can't pull myself away. Well, I guess even if I'm not doing any harm I'm gonna try to stop doing this for the sheer fact that I'm wasting precious time on my weekends.
    AR is EVIL

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Interesting that you have the identical problem I have. Hell, sometimes I don't get to the gym until 4 hours after I wake up on weekends. However, I do usually eat right before bed. I find the best time for a good cardio session is when I'm on an empty stomach.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    that's is bad for you and effects ur metabolism rate, the more u stay awake on empty stomach the slower ur metabolism rate goes.

Blog Entries
    so after 2 HRS as u said u should be close to have ur 2nd meal, while u didn't have any.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yo Sexy, judging by your avatar, if that is current you can just skip cardio today!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Interesting that you have the identical problem I have. Hell, sometimes I don't get to the gym until 4 hours after I wake up on weekends. However, I do usually eat right before bed. I find the best time for a good cardio session is when I'm on an empty stomach.
    Weird eh how the weekend suddenly induces the need to lie around and do nothing. Man, I gotta break this habit.

Well I've but up now since 11:00am, almost 2 hours. I guess I should stop talking about now and just get my ass to the gym for empty stomach cardio before it's too late.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yo Sexy, judging by your avatar, if that is current you can just skip cardio today!

~SC~
    SC, do u agree on what i said above?!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Aww Thanks, SC. It is recent (about 3 weeks ago) but you obviously havnt seen any of my other "Before" pics. I'm cutting now and I still have about 18 lbs to go!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Looks smokin' 2 me!

~SC~

Thread Information