911regular is offline New Member

Endurance/cutting/preservation diet

Hopefully this hasnt been asked or touched upon (I did searches and nothing came up). I'm 5'8" 185,,,roughly 11-12% BF. I'm looking to lean out/cut up and get my weight down to 175. I've been following rambos diet (the diet posted in the how to get cut thread) pretty much dead on what was posted. I currently take in roughly 300 grams protein, 130 grams carbs, and 60 grams fat (about 3000 calories). I lift 4-5 times a week 2hours) cardio 5 times a week (45 min. at 160-170 heartrate) and I ride ATV's 3 times a week ( I race professionally so my riding sessions are a bit more than just casual joy rides). I take all the supplements suggested by rambo (glutamine, R-AlA, protein supp., and ultra fuel). I have no problems dropping weight, I can actually drop 5-6 pounds in a single riding session, but I tend to get a soft loose look, instead of the hard , defined look I'm seeking, my strength stays constant (no major drops or rises). Basically I'm at a loss at what to change or add, I added more fat and then I started to put on lean mass, which would normally be ok, but I want to keep my weight as low as possible. I tried cutting my carbs and then I didnt have the energy to get through the week, so I added more protein and then I was on the toilet all the time, so if anybody has any advice/help/suggestions it would be appreciated, thanks.

ojsmoothy is offline Junior Member
    It sounds to me like you might need to switch up your cardio, you don't get lean and ripped from long distance, you get ripped by full body exercises and sprints. Your riding sessions give you enough endurance work, try running ladders or hill sprints for your cardio sessions instead, just my 2 cents.
    When I cut weight if I run too much l.d. vs sprinting, I lose hardness and look like a skinny soft puss, when I stick to sprinting my muscles stay full and I only lose around the middle. Also, you might need to reconsider your stand point on your weight, if you want to get as small as possible you will need to train like a marathon runner and only eat carbs, lean protein, and no fat, but then you will be soft. Its a viscious cycle, but I would rather be muscular and ten pounds heavier, than be soft.

Being sarcastic about the marathon runner, kind of

So do I cut down the intensity or the amount, or both?

I "think" I got it,,,first off my diet;
    Meal 1;Lean protein (usually turkey) 1/2 cup oatmeal
    Multi-vitamin, calcium, Vit c
    Meal 2;Proteinshake (whey w/water) 2 tblsps flax
    Meal 3; Lean protein (usually tuna/crab mix), green veggies
    Meal 4; same as above
    Meal 5;proteinshake, 1/2 ulta fuel, 1/4 cup oats
    Meal 6;Lean protein, 1/2 cup brown rice or oats or yams
    Meal 7;Protein shake, 2 tblspns flax
    Multi-vit,calcium,Vit c
    I also take 5 grams glutamine pre and post workout and 5 R-ala pills a day.
    Occasinally use ephedrine pre-workout.
    I workout 3 times a week (volume training)
    Cardio 3 times week/45 mins/125-130 HR
    Just started new workout/cardio schedule this week.
    I also ride /race 3 times a week
    I drink 1.5-2 gallons water a day
    As of now Im 184,,not sure of bodyfat,,,my abs show all the time!?if that helps.
    Im still trying to lean out/cut up,,,not concerned with weight anymore, just want to look good without a shirt. Still getting pretty tired/exhausted when I ride (as I said above I race for a living so riding sessions are fairly brutal),,,does everything look good or is there something I should change/add/delete? Thanks in advance for the help.

Thread Information