mitch911 is offline Member

cutting diet carbs

hey guys cutting for the past 6 weeks about 3 weeks ago i switched to a low carb style ..no carbs on non lifting days and 100 on workout days (75 dex pwo, 25oats ppwo) im curently 180...i cheat on sat and am good for that day and the following 2 days due to the refeed on carbs but during the end of the week especially on nonworkout days i feel like a zombie probably due to low blood sugar....how many carbs can i get away with on lifting days and nonlift days that wont hault fatloss considering i am gettin 1.5g protein and healthy fats at my pro/fat meals...just can put up with no energy durin the day any more but dont know how many carbs to add back to the diet

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Check out the cutting sticky bro.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    low carb.........

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Yeah dude low carb sucks......Add some carbs in your diet, I don't understand what you have against them, lowering carbs doesn't = weight loss.

what about going with 100g on lifting days and 50 on non?

Damn brotha, why so few??? Let me ask you, why do you feel the need to lower your carbs that low?

i dont know ..i just remember last summer i tried the atkins style for a while and liked the results ...also in the cutting sticky the example is 130g on a lifting day and he is 200lbs i am 180 so i cut it down to 100..could u let me know how many would be ideal for me on a lift and non lift day thank u

The Cutting sticky is just an example....And I'd only recomend the Atkins diet for Obese people or maybe someone getting into the last phases of contest prep to carb deplete.....Other than that there is no reason why you can't have a good amount of carbs, as you desire. Rember if you are in a caloric deficit then you are going to lose weight, thats what it comes down to at the end of the day.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    dude cutting carbs dosent egual weight loss it's cutting calories that eguals weight loss...see when you drop carbs you drop calories there for you have weight loss

thaks for the help guys im gunna take ur advice and alter my diet..i guess i just was a little to eager to get to the six pack as i could see it coming in nicely probably cuz i was depleted and saw more definition in me then when i have carbs and water..im gunna add in those carbs to make my cutting a lil more enjoyable and post up the changes so it can be double checked by u vets

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Cutting carbs however INSTEAD of dietary fats (usually upping fats in their place), when coupled w/the right cardio and weight training (timing) and the appropriate nutritional protocol, DOES lend to a BETTER body composition and final product than if one were to merely reduce caloric intake equally amongst all macronutrients. (Body for Life for instance)

Believe me, it's proven.

~SC~

swole can u check my updated diet and comment on that protocol and let me know if it is what you are talkin about

Thread Information