Thread: Athlete Diet

JayceonTaylor is offline New Member

Athlete Diet

Ive recently converted from bodybuilding to sprinting, and basically ive got to come down in both muscle and fat (currently 6'2--- 215lbs 10% bf)

I started 4 weeks ago and the diet is killing me, i dont have a clue about non-bodybuilding dieting (i.e. sports dieting) What kind of ratio carbs, fats, pro's should i aim for? and how many more cals would i need to keep performance improving but decrease the body fat?

As a bodybuilder i started the diet at 3000calds then came down 100 per week to 2500 and hang there until a plateau occured then change accordingly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

JT

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    Post up your diet, and check out the diet stickys

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    My guess would be 60% Carbs, 15% Protein and 25% fat. If you do not lift I don't think you will keep all of your mass andyou should lose some size. Other than that doing sprints in the AM on an empty stomach is a sure way to lose muscle mass (god I hate saying that)

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    My guess would be 60% Carbs, 15% Protein and 25% fat. If you do not lift I don't think you will keep all of your mass andyou should lose some size. Other than that doing sprints in the AM on an empty stomach is a sure way to lose muscle mass (god I hate saying that)
    I think this is too low in protein. I would say at least 20% should come from protein and fat each, then the rest in carbs. Of course, his big problem is he is way too heavy for a sprinter. At his height he should be around 190-195 so right now he needs to focus on losing weight.

I would workout just like someone trying to lose weight. Cardio in the AM on an empty stomach and keeping carbs to only post-workout. I wouldn't do any speed work right now as you probably won't be at your best so it is pointless. I think once you get down to say 200-205 you can increase the carbs and start doing your speed work. Besides, as a new sprinter you should be doing GPP right now anyways.

Thread Information