BrownBomber is offline Member

A little Red Wine?

Fellas,

I know its bad to drink alcohol, what about 1 small glass of red wine before bed. I've always heard that its good for you but what about for "bodybuilders?" Would it effect fat loss on a cut up cycle or muscle gain on a bulker? Personally, I don't but would love to for the effect it has on my sleep.

Let me know what you think, Thanks!
    BB

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I woun't hurt you any more or any less, since the time you asked the question in the diet forum

Everything in moderation

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Its good for the heart, as they say.

I wouldn't see a problem with it, just not every night, IMO.

If not everyday, then how often? Will it really effect my body in a negative way that Ill notice a decrease in fat loss, muscle gain, etc?

Just want to makes sure fellas!
    BB

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    a little red wine is awsome but i would drink it in the early evening, i dont know about you guys but i get insane pumps from a little alcohol.

God dam***this is the stuff that gets me about this nutrition, bodybuilding.......stuff. All this conflicting info.

"... article from www.ast-ss.com

Yes, red wine should be a part of every health conscious person’s diet. Small amounts of this beverage provide numerous cancer-preventative effects but red wine may also enhance fat metabolism [2]. One of the biggest discoveries is nutritional science is the identification of resveratrol, the active ingredient in red wine. This compound has been shown to dramatically increase the rate at which cells metabolize fat. Resveratrol stimulates the SIRT1 gene to produce a protein called sirtuin-1 which blocks a receptor on fat cells. When this receptor is blocked, lipolysis (the breakdown of fat) is increased and the formation of new fat (adipogenesis) is decreased [2]. Other studies have shown that the stimulation of this protein by resveratrol (red wine consumption) also activates the genes that promote a longer, healthier lifespan. Resveratrol comes from the skin of grapes but since it oxidizes quickly (losing its metabolic effect in the process) fresh grapes and white wine are less effective sources. Red wine is a unique source of resveratrol as it retains the same amount of as was in the grape at the time of fermentation.

I’ll give you an idea of how much I believe in the health benefits of this compound. Previously I’ve never drank red wine and never really cared for it’s taste at all. However, based on the steadily accumulating health benefits of this drink I’ve trained my self to have a half-glass of red wine with my evening meal, every night. This small amount won’t have any detrimental effect on body fat and it’s all that’s required to provide some rather powerful heath benefits. It doesn’t have to be the expensive stuff either. Around 5 bucks will get you a very drinkable red. Seal it tightly as it red wine tends to go acidic quite quickly.

Now, I’m not advocating that consuming large amounts of red wine is going to get you ripped. Not for a second. Alcohol is alcohol; it is a calorie-dense nutrient that acts a lot like fat in promoting calorie storage. However, bodybuilders need to get their head around the idea that everyday science is unveiling previously “hidden” compounds in regular foods that have profound benefits to our metabolism and physiology and sometimes these compounds are found in foods that are not your typical bodybuilding staples. Smart bodybuilders will incorporate this new research into their diets and reap the benefits."

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I think he's just looking for a reason to drink

You can drink unsweetend- de-alcoholised red wine EOD and have red with alcohol once every 2 weeks..Thats wut I would do

Thread Information