Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

Low fat equals low test???

Is this true???

If you have substationally low cals from fat <50g, and a low test count, would there be a coorelation?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Yes.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Actually, I thought this was true, but its not. Test is derived from Cholesterol not fat. Also dietary fat and Cholesterol have no impact on Cholesterol levels.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Actually, I thought this was true, but its not. Test is derived from Cholesterol not fat. Also dietary fat and Cholesterol have no impact on Cholesterol levels.
    Try eating 0grams fat for 1 week and come see me...

but yeah fat &cholsetrol have no impact on cholestrol levels...

Well I would never recommend that, but then again I wouldn't eat a petrified Fish either.

so whats the consensus???

Some of the early studies linking fat and testosterone in humans were published in the 1980's. Subjects cutting their fat intake in half experienced a 13% drop in free testosterone. When they resumed their normal diet, testosterone levels returned to normal.

The most recent trial I've seen was published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.

A group of 39 middle-aged men (50 to 60 years of age) were studied while they were consuming a high-fat (33% of total calories) low fiber diet and after eight weeks on a low-fat (14% of total calories), high fiber diet.

Both total and free testosterone levels fell by 10-12% after the low-fat diet. The clearance rates of testosterone were not changed, suggesting that the drop in testosterone was because of a decrease in production.

This is just one reason why it's so important to get the right balance of fats in your diet. The food you eat today is literally what you become tomorrow. Old skin and muscle cells are constantly replaced with new ones. And the material your body uses to accomplish this incredible feat of construction is the food you eat — fat in particular.

I think anyone would say that 14% of your diet is way to low. The Cut off should be 20%. There is no consensus, Test is derived from Cholesterol that is a fact, look it up if you wish. I'm sure if you plug that into Google you will get tons of info. Also a diet that low in fat would have an effect on Cholesterol as well, since the liver synthesizes about 75% of ones daily Cholesterol needs the other 25% is purely dietary. So you do have to eat some cholesterol as well as fat. The subjects in this study were on a very low fat diet and I'd say that they didn't get enough dietary cholesterol to keep T production up. As long as your diet has at least 20% fats you are ok, we know that these low fat diets are garbage anyways, so why the fuss?

Thread Information