bcap is offline Member

Beer + Cut Question

Hey Guys.

As some of you may know, I am into my cutting diet (The 12 Week Tranformation thread). I'm almost at 2 weeks now, I've dropped AT LEAST 5 pounds (we'll see exactly how much this thursday) and I have not had a single piece of cheat food (not even a damn french fry or the smell of ketchup). I have had a party planned for quite some time now, and I know that I will be drinking. I am going to allow myself this ONE cheat "meal" (not really food, just the beer), and then get back on the straight and narrow path.

Now i just did some researach and
    a) If i drink 6 Bud Light, it's only 660cals and 39.6g of carbs. Now that isn't too too shabby, that shouldn't slow my fat burning down too much, will it?
    b) I read somewhere on this thread that drinking makes you stop burning fat for up to 3 days aftewrads, is this true? Because i was planning on doing some HARDCORE cardio the day after to get rid of the extra baggage i added on.

Thanks, Bryan

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    on the other hand you could try a little selfe disipline and drink fresh orange.

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    Hey Guys.

As some of you may know, I am into my cutting diet (The 12 Week Tranformation thread). I'm almost at 2 weeks now, I've dropped AT LEAST 5 pounds (we'll see exactly how much this thursday) and I have not had a single piece of cheat food (not even a damn french fry or the smell of ketchup). I have had a party planned for quite some time now, and I know that I will be drinking. I am going to allow myself this ONE cheat "meal" (not really food, just the beer), and then get back on the straight and narrow path.

Now i just did some researach and
    a) If i drink 6 Bud Light, it's only 660cals and 39.6g of carbs. Now that isn't too too shabby, that shouldn't slow my fat burning down too much, will it?
    b) I read somewhere on this thread that drinking makes you stop burning fat for up to 3 days aftewrads, is this true? Because i was planning on doing some HARDCORE cardio the day after to get rid of the extra baggage i added on.

Thanks, Bryan

Bryan,

I think you are going to get a lot of opinions on this question. It is debatable.

Some people I have seen that drink two or three nights a week are still in great shape, others do the same and are fat and lazy.

Point being; I think there is a different result with individuals when it comes to drinking, I for one do not drink more than once a month; if that. I do not react well. It ruins my schedule for a couple of days afterwords because it just drains me.

If you have been working religiously on your diet why stop now?

I guess you should ask yourself if it is worth risking your situation. Think of it this way; you have lost 5lbs so far, drinking for one night might cause you to go in the other direction, setting you back a week or two in your training.

After you ask yourself that, then you should know what to do.

By all means - it will NOT improve you. You can guarantee that it will have a negative effect on your training - just varies upon how much. This is something you will have to risk.

I wouldn't suggest reading the label on the beer; my opinion is this - if you are going to consume alcohol, then a few extra carbs aren't going to change anything. The alcohol effecting your muscle development and recovery is the more important concern.

Good Luck,

LAG

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    for a while there...i drank 2-3 nights a week. im not the type that can just have one either. im talking DRINKING! All the results that I had seen from the past 10 weeks or so dissapated. i was left skinny-fat. i have a fast metabolism so i cant imagine what would of happened if i didnt! i would be a blimp.

anyway, my point is, it CAN hurt you if you make it a weekly thing. But its your party dude, its been 2 weeks and you've been working hard. you deserve a few beers.

life's too short.

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    for a while there...i drank 2-3 nights a week. im not the type that can just have one either. im talking DRINKING! All the results that I had seen from the past 10 weeks or so dissapated. i was left skinny-fat. i have a fast metabolism so i cant imagine what would of happened if i didnt! i would be a blimp.

anyway, my point is, it CAN hurt you if you make it a weekly thing. But its your party dude, its been 2 weeks and you've been working hard. you deserve a few beers.

life's too short.
    How did I forget to mention that? Don't forget to have fun. xtina has a good point.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds good to me, just so long as you stick to the light beers

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Its not the cals or carbs,it the alcohol. Alcohol when consumed becomes the body primary fuel. Since alcohol cannot be converted into any other form of energy for storage it is burned first by the body. Meaning everything else take a back seat. Also alcohol depletes muscle cells of water, increases cortisol and overt tim will raise estrogen. It also decreases fat oxidation by about 70%. You decide.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i think drinking every once in a while is okay. like giantz said, it's probably the worst thing that you can do to your body... but on the other hand you deserve a night of partying every once in a while IMO. i'm not saying you have to drink to have a good time... but i usually do when i'm tanked

bcap is offline Member
    hey guys thanks for the responses.

1st of all, i'm not talking about doing this all the time. i haven't drank for a few months, and i don't plan to drink for a long long while. I have had this party planned for quite some time now and i don't know, i think i just deserve it. I won't be drinking a lot, I won't eat anything else while i'm drinking (that'll be turned immediately to fat) and i will go for a nice cardio workout the next day and maybe do a circuit on the weights to get my muscles back into awareness that "hey, don't get used to that".

i read that there are some measures you can take to decrease the amount of bad shit you do to your muscles while drinking, any suggestions?

bcap is offline Member
    Just wan to have a good time you know, its not going to be a routine and i won't do it again. I also won't cheat for a while after that.

bcap is offline Member
    Got this from a site.

1. Leave at least 2 liters of water by your bedside to drink when you get home before you go to bed. Not only will this prevent a hangover, but it will also help to hydrate your muscles.

2. Drink a protein shake or eat something dense in protein before climbing into bed as well (if you can still stand). This will help curb the catabolism occurring inside your body, not to mention you always need protein.

3. When you wake up the next morning and roll over, pray the girl next to you looks as good as she did last night. If not, shuttle her out of the room as quick as possible before your friends can find out and bust your balls.

4. 45 minutes to an hour before breakfast have a serving of ZMA and 5-10 grams of glutamine. The ZMA will naturally raise your testosterone levels that were lowered from your night of drinking, and the glutamine will help stop catabolism.

5. Eat a big breakfast filled with foods that are rich in protein, calcium, phosphorus and iron. Your body is craving these key nutrients since the alcohol diminished them the night before.

its not an issue of self discipline, its called livin life. drink your ass off dude, its one night. as long as its this one time. the way i see it your body can only absorb so much at a time. imagine if you were trying to gain weight, a one night bulk will not change u. just be ready to jump back in in the morning.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Instead of beer, why not some rum adn diet or crystal light?

bcap is offline Member
    thats my mentality on it. thanks a lot man.

i'm still young, only 19 years old, i deserve this, i've had it planned for a while too its not like its sparatic. and i've been good so far and i'll hop back on it after the party.

thanks

millersir7 is offline New Member
    you shouldn't drink till your 21... riiightt

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    Are you competing for anything like a show or competition? If not have a good time, you only live once... just dont get to hammered that you lay in bed all the next morning...drinking once in a while wont kill you

bcap is offline Member
    ok awesome. thanks a lot. no i'm not preparing for a diet, just trying to loose weight and get cut

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Its not the cals or carbs,it the alcohol. Alcohol when consumed becomes the body primary fuel. Since alcohol cannot be converted into any other form of energy for storage it is burned first by the body. Meaning everything else take a back seat. Also alcohol depletes muscle cells of water, increases cortisol and overt tim will raise estrogen. It also decreases fat oxidation by about 70%. You decide.
    yep...I was waiting for that. I don't really think about the calories as much as the negative the alcohol has

Thread Information